Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

53 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Please expound on why expanding early voting is a bad idea. This, I gotta hear. 

It helps Dems.  

Twa is trying to push the Standard GOP Talking Point that allowing people to vote (which helps Dems) is morally equivalent to trying to suppress the vote (which helps R's.)  

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

lol wut?

Either he didnt read the entire article and posted it thinking that it made sense. 

Or he read it and posted it think that it made sense. 

Either way its not a good look. 

59 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Because young people, the poor, and people who can't get time off work tend to use early voting.

Republicans want to discourage voting by artificially creating long lines so that only the angry white folk will vote.

Hmmm....does wearing a MAGA hat in line at the polling place count as campaigning?

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Either he didnt read the entire article and posted it thinking that it made sense. 

Or he read it and posted it think that it made sense. 

Either way its not a good look. 

No kidding. That article sounded like it was written by a schizophrenic Breitbart columnist who's also suffering from a full blown case of rabies.

How many Alabama voters voted for Roy Moore BEFORE the pedophilia was exposed?  Think they would want their vote back?

My issue with early voting is that it contributes to low IQ voting, team specific voting, and general laziness.  Voting should take place on election day (I support a natl holiday for it btw) and should require some effort.  I also dont think early voting helps Dems in general.  Not by much anyway.  I think it helps straight line voting idiots pretend like they are informed.

47 minutes ago, Ax said:

Where.

When.

How.

Every single state which has passed a "Voter ID" law.  

Every single one which has passed state legislation making it illegal for counties to allow more than a certain number of early voting days.  

Heck, the most glaring example was in NC.  State legislature had the state supervisor of elections prepare a document showing which forms of ID had the highest percentage of black registered voters who didn't have that ID, and then passed laws to require only those forms of ID.  

Lately, one of the trends has been state laws that prohibit counties from allowing early voting on Sundays.  (Lots of black churches have "Get Out The Vote" events, after services, on Sundays, where the congregation goes out and votes together.  Result:  Letting people vote on Sundays allows a tiny increase in Dem votes.  Therefore, it must be prevented.)  

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

My issue with Fox News is that it contributes to low IQ voting, team specific voting, and general laziness.  

I fixed that for you.

Btw, early voting in districts with heavy population density is perfectly fine. Despite all low IQ, lazy, insult-hurling to the contrary.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I fixed that for you.

Btw, early voting in districts with heavy population density is perfectly fine. Despite all low IQ, lazy, insult-hurling to the contrary.

So early voting in Dem heavy areas but **** the folks in flyover country?

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Every single one which has passed state legislation making it illegal for counties to allow more than a certain number of early voting days.  

Heck, the most glaring example was in NC.  State legislature had the state supervisor of elections prepare a document showing which forms of ID had the highest percentage of black registered voters who didn't have that ID, and then passed laws to require only those forms of ID.  

Lately, one of the trends has been state laws that prohibit counties from allowing early voting on Sundays.  (Lots of black churches have "Get Out The Vote" events, after services, on Sundays, where the congregation goes out and votes together.  Result:  Letting people vote on Sundays allows a tiny increase in Dem votes.  Therefore, it must be prevented.)  

I always thought it was funny how after the very close Bush/Gore and Bush/Kerry elections there was hardly a peep about voter ID laws. A black man wins the election in a landslide and suddenly there's voter ID laws coming out of the ass of Republicans across the nation. Why not just hang a sign in neon lighting that says "we want to suppress the vote of minorities"? 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Didn't say it was a bad idea, I did infer the main reason Dems push it is because it tends to benefit them.

Voter ID ain't a bad idea either :kiss-smileys:

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

So early voting in Dem heavy areas but **** the folks in flyover country?

There are numerous metropolitan areas in the interior of the country and I’d be fine with any and every state of the union allowing it.

Side note:  you seem really edgy lately.

True voter fraud takes place in absentee voting. But since it's skewed heavily GOP, I doubt that we will ever get that examined fully by the voter conspiracy theorists.

That said, early and easier voting is the only way to get more voters to the polls. If you believe that everyone should vote, then that's your avenue. If you don't, then by all means, make it harder to vote. Just stop lieing to us and stop pretending you think we're all equal.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There are numerous metropolitan areas in the interior of the country and I’d be fine with any and every state of the union allowing it.

Side note:  you seem really edgy lately.

Really?  Not on purpose.

For this though, I do take offense to the notion that ANY opposition to early voting, or support of id etc can only be seen through the prism of race or partisanship.  It's certainly a result of some of it, but I think we have a better informed electorate, and therefor better govt, if the voters cant sit on their ass, watching Hannity and voting the way he tells them with the ballot in front of them.  I dont want casual voters determining our govt.  I accept that that makes me an elitist.  I reject that it makes me a racist.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

True voter fraud takes place in absentee voting. But since it's skewd heavily GOP, I doubt that we will ever get that examined fully by the voter conspiracy theorists.

I want absentee voting eliminated as well for all but members of the Armed Forces.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why just them? What about Federal civilian employees on overseas assignments? 

Im fine with that too.  If the Govt has required a person to be absent on election day, then they should be able to vote absentee.  Muffy and Biff on the yacht in Cannes dont get that privilege.

33 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

How many Alabama voters voted for Roy Moore BEFORE the pedophilia was exposed?  Think they would want their vote back?

My issue with early voting is that it contributes to low IQ voting, team specific voting, and general laziness.  Voting should take place on election day (I support a natl holiday for it btw) and should require some effort.  I also dont think early voting helps Dems in general.  Not by much anyway.  I think it helps straight line voting idiots pretend like they are informed.

It's a balance like many things.  You could address increased inconvenience of voting in high population density areas by some combination of early voting, longer voting hours, more voting locations, more permissible absentee voting, etc.  Allowing early voting, especially on weekends, allow some who otherwise could not vote to find a time to fit voting into their schedule.  

You could have some news break after the election too that would make everyone wish to take their votes back.  We set an arbitrary line in the sand to make a decision (there's always refusal to certify or impeachment if it's something truly egregious).  If we allow individuals the option to move up their decision deadline by a few days or weeks, is that such a problem?  Should everyone wait until the last minute to get in line just in case there is some last minute breaking news that would sway their decision?  By that logic, early and different primary schedules are a problem too.

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So **** the ex-pats. Ain't that special.

Nah, I suspect Kilmer is ok with them voting too. I get the argument, but I'm choosing to believe that more voting (even heavily skewed GOP absentee votes) is good for the country. I'll agree to disagree with Kilmer here.

28 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

You really think it matters Eddie? 

3 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Really?  Not on purpose.

For this though, I do take offense to the notion that ANY opposition to early voting, or support of id etc can only be seen through the prism of race or partisanship.  It's certainly a result of some of it, but I think we have a better informed electorate, and therefor better govt, if the voters cant sit on their ass, watching Hannity and voting the way he tells them with the ballot in front of them.  I dont want casual voters determining our govt.  I accept that that makes me an elitist.  I reject that it makes me a racist.

This is totally fair.  Not every opposing viewpoint stems from some impermissible and ugly bias.  You can definitely make a cogent and reasoned argument against early voting without any racism or partisan political motivation involved.  We have too much of attributing the worst possible motivation to political disagreement.  

With respect to elitism, we threw that out with democracy.  

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So **** the ex-pats. Ain't that special.

Im fine with them too.  

Let me restate for clarity.

I dont think absentee ballot should be available to EVERYONE.  There are obvious reasons (military, service etc).  Others that I havent thought of as well. 

25 minutes ago, Larry said:

Every single state SHOULD have a voter ID law.

Early voting lends itself to vote tampering, by either side. It should be very limited.

If the left can shuttle bus the *****hat Dolls to every "Trump is The Debil" rally, they can surely afford to assist everybody who can vote to acquire a legal ID. Which few ever have a problem doing in order to cash there government check.

Who was the douchebag Mayor in New Orleans who had no problem using school buses to get voters to the polls, but miraculously couldn't use them to evacuate potential flood victims. Yet it's supposed to be the right that doesn't care.

Getting ID's for everyone so they can vote is easy, and the right thing to do. Mindless bellyaching that it's somehow disenfranchising anyone to require proper identification to vote is one of the lefts most ignorant stances.

Archived