Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016/2017 Winter Weather Thread

ixcuincle

Depending on the timing I am still a sucker for a winter storm. Anything wintry that happens between Thanksgiving and New Years is welcome in my book. After that, it needs to be something significant so that it's an excuse to stay home. 

I like when the weather aligns with the holidays. My ideal "winter" would be a couple snow events from mid-November through the first week of January and then an extended spring! 

36 minutes ago, justice98 said:

There used to be a certain charm that came with winter when I was young.  As I got older, that all went away.  Snow doesnt keep me from working, the energy bill to keep my house warm comes outta my own pocket, I just got no use for winter weather.

Totally agree!

NOTHING has a more negative effect on my business and my wallet than cold weather. 

We don't have winter sports here, there's never anything to do with the snow other than move it.

And the cold ONLY costs me money while keeping me from making more!

#EndWinter

Temp this morning for my 3/4 mile walk to work here in Rochester, MN:  2 degrees.  Wind chill -14.  Lovely.  

I love the bitter cold of Minnesota winters.  Makes everything feel like an adventure.  With the right gear (which I have), its totally fine...

1 hour ago, bcl05 said:

I love the bitter cold of Minnesota winters.  Makes everything feel like an adventure.

This is how I feel about the snow, in particular.  Loved gearing up and walking the streets with my dogs during winter storms back in MD.  Bring a toy, a flask of vodka or bourbon, a flashlight, and head out for an hour or two.  Love putting on layers and fighting through the elements.  I'd shovel my sidewalk excitedly, and my closest 4 neighbors' sidewalks too.  I'd love to move north, but Colorado is close to me, and as we all know Colorado has some real awesome laws.

In Tulsa, our average temps are a little higher than DC's average temps, and there are no Nor'easters.  I moved here from MD RIGHT BEFORE the record breaking blizzard last year.  Bro, I was heated.  Literally.  It was something like 60 in Tulsa those days.  ****in bull****.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 10:01 AM, CBass1724 said:

Weather is free.  Stop whining.  #Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Hmmm....that post reminds of me something ?

On 12/9/2016 at 9:36 AM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Depending on the timing I am still a sucker for a winter storm. Anything wintry that happens between Thanksgiving and New Years is welcome in my book. After that, it needs to be something significant so that it's an excuse to stay home. 

I like when the weather aligns with the holidays. My ideal "winter" would be a couple snow events from mid-November through the first week of January and then an extended spring! 

Agreed. I also like Valentine's Day Storms.  Anything after that, it stops getting "cute" unless it cancels classes for me 

Yeah ... we had a solid quarter inch plus of ice in Loudoun. Even walking out in the back yard with the dog was treacherous. Kids in the neighborhood had their ice skates on going up and down the street.

Absolutely impossible to be on the roads early this morning but the thaw is well underway.

I've never seen forecasters with their heads further up their butts

They're failing in spectacular fashion.

It started this morning.  They said the temp here would rise to 34 by 10 AM.  37 by 11 AM.  40 by Noon.  And the temps would keep increasing steadily all afternoon and going into the evening and overnight until 7 AM tomorrow morning where it would peak at 59 degrees.  No decreases in temps, just increases. 

My ass.

It was 35 at noon.  The highest it got today was just under 38 degrees at around 2 PM.  Then the temp started falling just as one would expect during a normal day with the sun going down.

Hourly forecast insists the temp will jump the next hour by 3 degrees, but it never does.  It just keeps falling each hour. They've been saying this every hour ALL DAY LONG since this morning.  And yet the temp keeps falling.  

Right now it's 33.6 degrees and falling a tenth of a degree every few mins.  There is no sign this is going to change.  

And yet, the hourly keeps insisting it will increase 3 degrees next hour.  This has been going on ALL DAY LONG.  

How can they be THAT WRONG ALL DAY LONG????????????

Seriously, it was supposed to round out at around mid 40s this afternoon and then head into the 50s late evening.  These ****ing morons aren't even CLOSE

They've been absolutely wrong ALL DAY and yet they refuse to accept reality and change their forecast.  Morons.

Edit:  Now it's 7:37 PM and the temp keeps falling.  It's now 32.0 degrees.  TWC is telling me it's 33 and it'll be 35 in an hour but I know it's not true.  So I went to accuweather and you know what they say?  They tell me it's currently 43 degrees in Brookeville!  Hahhahaa  And increasing!  HAHAHAHHAHAHAH 

What in the world is going on?

Archived