Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rawstory: Dash cam video shows unarmed black man with hands in air before Tulsa police shoot him dead

No Excuses

45 minutes ago, twa said:

Seems the story the police are giving with the book guy is quite different than what has been posted here.

http://www.wral.com/police-chief-officers-gave-man-multiple-warnings-to-drop-gun-before-fatal-shooting/16034201/

41 minutes ago, twa said:

Hands up ,don't shoot  redux?

39 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I was thinking more like "What's our story this time" Part 13 . 

Unfortunately for us, it probably will be impossible to know what the real story is with any certainty.

45 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Lets nuke the Middle East and turn the desert into glass ~ one zillion Internet tough guys

Meaningful dialogue ensues...

Using angry tweets and posts on the internet seems to be very popular these days. 

Is there a group you disagree with?  Does a group disagree with you?  No worries, simply find some angry internet posts by people that might agree with them.  Use those cherry picked unhinged statements made online to represent your adversaries.  Very popular tactic with social justice warriors, xenophobes, racists, and many more!

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Using angry tweets and posts on the internet seems to be very popular these days. 

Is there a group you disagree with?  Does a group disagree with you?  No worries, simply find some angry internet posts by people that might agree with them.  Use those cherry picked unhinged statements made online to represent your adversaries.  Very popular tactic with social justice warriors, xenophobes, racists, and many more!

The grieving relative of a still warm corpse becomes the de facto spokesman for BLM!  Meaningful dialogue...

So apparently no book was found at the scene.  Welp, family looks dumb now :(

Still, I'd like to hear how the entire thing went down...from the cop's POV.  Because what we DO know is that:

1.  Cops were in the neighborhood serving warrants for somebody else
2.  He was sitting in his car waiting for his kid to get off the bus

So why did police run up on him?  NC is an open carry state, so even if he did have a pistol out in the open inside his car, that is 100% legal.

My point being, whether it turns out the shooting was justified or not, whether Keith Lamont Scott followed orders or no.....unless he did something really stupid to draw the attention of police that just happened to be in the area, the cops sound like the "agitators" in this situation.  It seems like Keith Lamont Scott was just minding his business and it was the police that approached him and put the fatal situation into motion.

If that's the case, why were they ****ing with him?

7 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Still, I'd like to hear how the entire thing went down...from the cop's POV.  Because what we DO know is that:

1.  Cops were in the neighborhood serving warrants for somebody else
2.  He was sitting in his car waiting for his kid to get off the bus

So why did police run up on him?  NC is an open carry state, so even if he did have a pistol out in the open inside his car, that is 100% legal.

My point being, whether it turns out the shooting was justified or not, whether Keith Lamont Scott followed orders or no.....unless he did something really stupid to draw the attention of police that just happened to be in the area, the cops sound like the "agitators" in this situation.  It seems like Keith Lamont Scott was just minding his business and it was the police that approached him and put the fatal situation into motion.

If that's the case, why were they ****ing with him?

NY Times article:  http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/keith-scott-charlotte-police-shooting.html?_r=0

This is according to the police chief, but when officers arrived to serve a warrant, they observed Scott step out of his vehicle with a gun.  They ordered him to drop his weapon, he did not comply and that's when he was shot.  Also, like you mentioned, they claim to have never recovered or found a book.  They do have body cam footage being reviewed, however, the shooting officer was not believed to be wearing one during the incident.  

It wouldn't surprise me if facts were twisted or details were covered up, if so, then I hope the body cams they do have will show how it really went down and expose the lies (if it is being covered up).

23 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Even if their was a book, there wasn't a book.  Unless there is a clear video, it's always best to wait and see how it plays out. Sometimes justice gets lucky though.  When three cops killed a 92 year old lady in Atlanta and then planted drugs in her home, their stories fell apart and they went to prison.  I remember calling bull**** on it immediately because the initial story claimed that she had managed to shoot all three of the them.  Can you imagine a 92 year old woman having the reaction time and accuracy to target and hit three cops during a no knock raid while they are shooting at her?  Maybe in the matrix, but that's not happening in the real world.

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

Even if their was a book, there wasn't a book.  Unless there is a clear video, it's always best to wait and see how it plays out. 

Unfortunately for the owners of those businesses looted/set on fire (and the innocent motorists who were just driving by and got pelted), too many locals just use any excuse for mayhem.

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Can you imagine a 92 year old woman having the reaction time and accuracy to target and hit three cops during a no knock raid while they are shooting at her?   

kinda like when they pepper-sprayed the 84 year old woman in Oklahoma last month.  Hey man, ya never know.  Yeah she's 84, but maybe she's a gym rat.

6 minutes ago, btfoom said:

Unfortunately for the owners of those businesses looted/set on fire (and the innocent motorists who were just driving by and got pelted), too many locals just use any excuse for mayhem.

I understand that the frustration boils over, and that mob mentality can make otherwise reasonable people violent, but I really hate to see people have their businesses destroyed.  Especially if they are small business owners that did nothing wrong.  I've been self employed forever and people just don't understand how important it becomes to you and how fragile a thing it can be.

When people get frustrated or desperate they often lash out and become self destructive. 

Seen it quite a bit, people destroying even their own property in a fit of rage and anger.  

This of course is on a bigger scale and probably at least some folks are doing this on purpose cause they thrive on chaos and violence.

Yeah, I hate to see black people fueling the stereotypes.  Giving conservatives exactly what they want.  :(

Instead of being forced to talk about what happened yesterday in NC and this weekend in Tulsa, they get to talk about how many police officers were injured and that people are screaming "death to cops."  They're going to get Trump elected with that bull****. :(

Just like I said last night when the story first broke, there was nothing on the news about this for several hours.  Social media was blowing up about another black man shot and killed by police...400,000 people tweeting about it live on twitter and Facebook, and CNN and Fox News had nothing.  But within 5 minutes of the crowd throwing rocks at a cop car and people jumping on top of a police SUV, Fox News cut live to the scene.  "Police are under attack in Charlotte."   :(

Conservative media never pass up on an opportunity to make low-income blacks look like savages, and we just keep serving it up on a platter for them :( 

Seems like anytime a black person is shot and killed by police, there will be unrest and protests, no matter what the black person was doing at the time. 

Not a vindicate the police at all, it's more just an observation on how things are nowadays in society.  Black people are angry, as they should be.  But sometimes cops are required to use deadly force.  I'm worried that eventually the cops are going to be marked for everything bad that happens.  I'm thinking mostly of the incident in North Carolina.  The police chief said Keith Lamont Scott had a gun.  His family says he had a book.  Who is telling the truth?  I dunno.  But let's not jump to conclusions.

All that being said, there are some really stupid cops out there who obviously need training and/or be removed from the force

My cousin is a truck driver and was caught in the middle of the protest in NC... he took some photos while he was on the highway and nobody would let his truck through... in his picture you can see the burning of stuff that the protesters are throwing in to the fire lit on the highway. I don't speak to him as often as I'd like but I can tell you people like the truck drivers whose livelihood is on the line to get that delivery will retaliate if this continues to happen and in the manner it's happening.

Just now, SemperFi Skins said:

My cousin is a truck driver and was caught in the middle of the protest in NC... he took some photos while he was on the highway and nobody would let his truck through... in his picture you can see the burning of stuff that the protesters are throwing in to the fire lit on the highway. I don't speak to him as often as I'd like but I can tell you people like the truck drivers whose livelihood is on the line to get that delivery will retaliate if this continues to happen and in the manner it's happening.

Retaliate how?

I can tell you people like the truck drivers whose livelihood is on the line to get that delivery will retaliate if this continues to happen and in the manner it's happening.

probably how a lot of young African Americans are feeling these days about shootings.

13 minutes ago, visionary said:

probably how a lot of young African Americans are feeling these days about shootings.

Rioting in the streets isn't the best way to go about it... Also, burning police cars, stomping on them, and trying to injure/kill police officers is also not the best idea, though I do realize it's a double edged sword... all of this before facts are out which tends to be the norm nowadays.

Rioting in the streets isn't the best way to go about it... Also, burning police cars, stomping on them, and trying to injure/kill police officers is also not the best idea, though I do realize it's a double edged sword... all of this before facts are out which tends to be the norm nowadays.

Agreed.  But to think of it from maybe their pov, what has sitting back and waiting gotten them so far? 

Just now, visionary said:

Agreed.  But to think of it from maybe their pov, what has sitting back and waiting gotten them so far? 

Not arguing by any means, but jumping to conclusions and rioting is a good way to separate yourselves and certainly will do nothing for progress. Many of these cases, definitely not all, have been proven to go the way of the officers acting within their means.

*Not taking sides either, that's important to note*

Not arguing by any means, but jumping to conclusions and rioting is a good way to separate yourselves and certainly will do nothing for progress. Many of these cases, definitely not all, have been proven to go the way of the officers acting within their means.

That's going to be very unsatisfactory to a lot of people.  Even and perhaps especially in cases where the officers were ruled to be legally justified.

Archived