Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rawstory: Dash cam video shows unarmed black man with hands in air before Tulsa police shoot him dead

No Excuses

9 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

CNN showed some protesters in the streets there.  I imagine it's gonna get bad, especially on top of the Tulsa incident.  Honestly, I can't believe there haven't been more violent reactions considering the number of events like this and the tension rich environment.  Sad times indeed.  

There are,  and have been for some time, about 1000 police shootings a year on average. 

Cameras and coverage is what's changed. 

For those who always assume the police would never lie to cover themselves or to punish people they don't like:

In the above video cops are discussing how to trump up some infractions on a protestor. The Master Sarge suggests completely fabricating that motorists were witnesses and complained of the protestor but didn't want to give statements. 

I guess they didn't have any spare vials of PCP to plant on him. Stuff must be difficult to find. It took a couple days for Tulsa police to find some and throw it Crutcher's truck. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Agreed.  Smartphones and dashcams changed everything...except the behavior of police.

I saw a study showing bodycams and dash cams increase the use of force since the officers feel it is proof of justification.

Just as tasers have increased usage since it usually doesn't kill or cause permanent harm.

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

Heard this morning that the protesters in Charlotte started throwing rocks off an overpass onto cars below as they drove by. What the heck? That makes people sympathetic. Not.

Last night a friend of mine (white family who adopted a black boy from Ethiopia) wrote on her Facebook: Will my black son be next? When will my white friends wake up?

^^ I totally agree with her.

I understand what you're saying, but it was a black cop who fired the shots. 

Is this a black vs white issue, or a cops vs blacks issue? Problem is that I think the lines of debate/protest are being muddied by all sides, and that is pushing the hope for some kind of dialogue (?resolution?) far into the distance.

I live here in Charlotte, and I am upset about these recent tragedies, the second here in as many years, but random violence against the community is only going to serve to heighten tensions already piano wire tight, and continue this circle of heinous deaths. The black community is distrustful and fearful of the police, the police are distrustful and fearful of the black community. If they both have guns, and no meaningful dialogue ensues, the result will be more and more deaths. 

9 hours ago, youngchew said:

Brother says he was waiting in his car for his son to get off the bus and jumpouts approached him for no reason 

Check out @Crystal1Johnson's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Crystal1Johnson/status/778422496202752000?s=09

Anyone who lives or lived in Baltimore City has seen and knows about the "jumpout boys". If you are in the city and you see a random Nissan or toyota with some bad looking white and black dudes in it, its the jumpout boys. To me, they are like the secret covert ops of a violent city police department. Think the movie "Training Day". 

They literally drive around and will jump out and do aggressive high danger arrests and raids. There is a video a few years ago of a crew who raided a run down bar in west baltimore. basically they just bust down doors and kick peoples asses, do illegal searches etc. 

My guess is Mr. Scott was waiting in his car for for his daughter reading a book, saw some bad guys with guns so he got out of his car with his gun, realized it was undercover and tried to get back into his car but it was too late. Police already saw a man with a gun. 

29 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

The black community is distrustful and fearful of the police, the police are distrustful and fearful of the black community. If they both have guns, and no meaningful dialogue ensues, the result will be more and more deaths. 

Mission Accomplished! ~ National Rifle Association

7 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

"All white people are ****ing devils." - says Keith Scott's brother. 

https://twitter.com/hashtag/KeithLamontScott?src=hash&lang=en

"I dont like how the BLM message is turning into a violent anti-white message." - says me  

Lets nuke the Middle East and turn the desert into glass ~ one zillion Internet tough guys

Meaningful dialogue ensues...

1 hour ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Anyone who lives or lived  in Baltimore City has seen and knows about the "jumpout boys". If you are in the city and you see a random Nissan or toyota with some bad looking white and black dudes in it, its the jumpout boys. To me, they are like the secret covert ops of a violent city police department. Think the movie "Training Day". 

They literally drive around and will jump out and do aggressive high danger arrests and raids. There is a video a few years ago of a crew who raided a run down bar in west baltimore. basically they just bust down doors and kick peoples asses, do illegal searches etc. 

Yep.  Jumpouts are everywhere where there's a hood LOL.  

They always pull up in something foreign to try and not look so cop'ish LOL.  When I was in HS hanging out near Trinidad, jumpout rode up on us in a VW Bus.  Seriously. :rofl89: 

And yes, every time I've been jumped out on or seen jumpouts in action, they've always been very aggressive. 

Archived