Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rawstory: Dash cam video shows unarmed black man with hands in air before Tulsa police shoot him dead

No Excuses

7 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

it sounds like an example where the controls are actually working (the guilty party is being charged)

We can agree to disagree on that. If the controls were working he wouldn't still be free in 2016, when this incident occurred in 2011. He wouldn't have been allowed to resign and get a pension in 2013 either. 

12 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

We can agree to disagree on that. If the controls were working he wouldn't still be free in 2016, when this incident occurred in 2011. He wouldn't have been allowed to resign and get a pension in 2013 either. 

i was just going from your blurb.... hopefully slow justice will be better than no justice at all 

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

It's interesting?

You describe it as a police officer deciding on giving a death sentence, and then executing a person on the spot.

I describe it as using physical force that sometimes results in death.

And to you, I'm the one with the interesting interpretation.

You make it sound like the death is just something that happens by chance or an unrelated incident and not the likely result of the shooting and sometimes the certain outcome of the aftermath. 

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

Self defense laws vary by state, but in VA you can use deadly force to protect your life, or the life of another, if that life is in danger. The law doesn't say anything about you using a gun, or the other person using a gun, and it's done that way on purpose. It also doesn't say anything about being in your house, or someone being in your house, or any of the numerous incorrect nonsense I hear people say when trying to discuss self defense laws in this state. It's about deadly force, and whether your life (or the life of another) is in danger.

All I'm saying is that gun ownership shouldn't by itself get you shot.  But maybe I'm wrong. 

This is all ha ha ha crazy. I feel like I need a straight jacket and a room with soft walls. It's all a joke. The system is corrupt and destructive. The DA needs the help of the police so they are not going to help but in the most egregious circumstances. There is no one held accountable. This is all a joke. Once I realized the provisions in the 13 amendment, I see oppression has a price tag. What's the use? What should we do march or riot?  Destroy our own neighborhood or go to the suburbs and act crazy? It all b.s.. The system is fixed for a reason. What can we do, go back to Africa? It's hell on earth. We have to take it no Vaseline.

So reports on one protester dead.  Shot in the head.  No word by who.  CNN reporter got hit with tear gas.  Another had protester walk up and push him down.

This is out of control and does nothing.  This makes the movement look bad.  I fully support going in with force and breaking this up.  You want to have a peaceful protest, cool.  You start hurting people, you get the Billy club.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So reports on one protester dead.  Shot in the head.  No word by who.  CNN reporter got hit with tear gas.  Another had protester walk up and push him down.

This is out of control and does nothing.  This makes the movement look bad.  I fully support going in with force and breaking this up.  You want to have a peaceful protest, cool.  You start hurting people, you get the Billy club.

There hasn't been protests in a while... these are riots. Shame that a few people with a legit voice are not heard because of a few jackasses looking for a good reason to light up a cop car 

31 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Reports now of peaceful protest and prayer vigil in Uptown Charlotte has turned violent. One shooting, non police they believe, is confirmed.

Police in riot gear and tear gas being used.

This **** is like a mile/mile and a hAlf from my home.

Be safe, stay indoors.  I live 10-15 minutes from where Mr. Scott was killed (actually used to live 1 mile from there in college), I'm staying out of the area for a while.  

17 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

There hasn't been protests in a while... these are riots. Shame that a few people with a legit voice are not heard because of a few jackasses looking for a good reason to light up a cop car 

Actually this did start as a peaceful protest. There was a multi-denominational, multi-racial prayer vigil attend by my pastor and some others I know. This riot had been an offshoot of this. 

Assholes gonna be assholes.

8 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Actually this did start as a peaceful protest. There was a multi-denominational, multi-racial prayer vigil attend by my pastor and some others I know. This riot had been an offshoot of this. 

Assholes gonna be assholes.

Yeah, I was watching it live earlier and it was very peaceful.  Watching CNN live now and tear gas is flowing, police pushing back protesters, etc.  Reported the shooting was civilian on civilian.  

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, I was watching it live earlier and it was very peaceful.  Watching CNN live now and tear gas is flowing, police pushing back protesters, etc.  Reported the shooting was civilian on civilian.  

Crazy man. Wife has already told her team (she works Uptown) to not bother coming in tomorrow. I just pray this doesn't escalate and become another Baltimore.

Wondering about school for my daughter tomorrow too.

Archived