Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Steelers at Redskins

TK

1 minute ago, zskins said:

What no challenge... not like you are going to win the game but still that is "I have given up!" mentality. smh. 

Do you know how ****ing embarrassing it would be to challenge that at the end of a blowout just to keep an INT off of Cousins stat sheet? Jesus dude

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I'm honestly just fine with no garbage TD. I want this team to completely own being absolutely annihilated in every facet of the game: coaching, adjustments, QBing, DL, OL, DBs, run blocking, stopping the run. Just bad all around.

The kicking game was awesome.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Well let me ask, outside of Redskins media, news and fan sites, how many experts picked the Redskins to win this game?  Is there a reason for that?  Is it because they thought we were a better team that would mess up or was it because the consensus is that the Steelers are a more solid and complete team?    It's one game, against a a tenured upper level team.  All this one game shows is that the Redskins aren't ready for this level yet.  However to say the franchise is not moving in the right direction?  Come on.

These games are looking EXACTLY the same.  How is that progress?????

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

2 minutes ago, Main-Maine said:

OMFG!!! Kirk is seriously melting down! I wonder if everyone thinks I'm crazy now....  

Nah! Kirk always sucked. The only smart move the skins made was the short term deal. Now they know for sure. At least RG3 would have moved the chains with his speed. Kirk? Throw it away.

2 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Part of me is totally surprised by how bad we looked, another part isn't at all. It almost feels inevitable that we follow up a positive season with a showing like this to start the next. 

I honestly felt that this game would be tough to win, but didn't expect a blowout. This is the type of game that can snowball a season, and I hate that it's going to ruin the tone and attitude of the fan base, especially this board. Just not fun at all. :/  

Yeah, I'll be around much less this week, as usual after a game like this. Just a miserable atmosphere and makes football more of a negative force in my life than it already is on the actual gameday. Pathetic, really. 

Have we had a top 10 defense in any year since we've switched t the 3-4? The seasons all seem to run together lately.

It seems to me, finding 4 serviceable linemen and an all pro level middle linebacker might be easier to find than a monster nose tackle (something we haven't had since switching over to the 3-4), and two dominating inside linebackers. Kerrigan and Smith as hands-on-the-ground defensive ends might be interesting. I think that's what Kerrigan was in college, yes?  

Just now, thesubmittedone said:

Part of me is totally surprised by how bad we looked, another part isn't at all. It almost feels inevitable that we follow up a positive season with a showing like this to start the next. 

I honestly felt that this game would be tough to win, but didn't expect a blowout. This is the type of game that can snowball a season, and I hate that it's going to ruin the tone and attitude of the fan base, especially this board. Just not fun at all. :/  

Meh... If we can pull out a victory against the Cowboys, then we right back in it.  If this game would've been week 7 I'd be on the ledge, now not so much. 

I still see this team through the eyes of a rebuild. The playoffs last year were unexpected for many. Give it some more time guys! A lot of backups are starting right now (look at the o-line, linebackers, and d-line). Previous drafts have left us decimated in the trenches. McC still has to build us up. This game was pretty bad but it still counts as only one game. Lets beat Dallas next week! 

Archived