Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Steelers at Redskins

TK

Part of me is totally surprised by how bad we looked, another part isn't at all. It almost feels inevitable that we follow up a positive season with a showing like this to start the next. 

I honestly felt that this game would be tough to win, but didn't expect a blowout. This is the type of game that can snowball a season, and I hate that it's going to ruin the tone and attitude of the fan base, especially this board. Just not fun at all. :/  

Just hoping the team shows some resolve and gets better, but there's so much to fix. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

So your ready to fire Gruden after week one?  Wow

A competent HC would have his team ready for a ****ing season/home opening primetime game.  He hasn't earned much leeway, even with the 9-7 division title run last year. 

This kind of performance is rightly laid at the coaching staff's feet.  It's early in the season, but all too often we've seen this kind of crap continue week in week out, with this coaching staff as well as others. 

Any yahoo here could've told you that the DL was needing a major overhaul, and much as I like the Doctson draft pick, It was a mistake not to go after some help on the line.  Potroast should still be with us (Perhaps he will? is he still unsigned?)

Joe BArry is also Gruden's fault. The man went 0-16 for goodness' sake (with the Lions).  With one of the worst ever defenses in NFL history, iirc.  Yet he hired him.  The run last season was pretty much all Cousins, and with Cousins regressing we won't get much from our suped-up WR corps, which is a ****ing shame. 

Archived