Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Steelers at Redskins

TK

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

The ones who play for us, anyway.

None of them are.  Look at how New England looks without Tom Brady.  The best teams are exactly that.  Teams.  How did Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Andrew Luck, and Matt Ryan do in the playoffs last year?  Right.  Meanwhile the Super Bowl champion had maybe the worst starting QB in the league last season.... and beat the NFL MVP QB.  

The great myth of the NFL is that QBs do it alone.  That they single handedly turn awful teams into Super Bowl contenders.  

When this roster is good, we'll know it.  Like I said before the season and continue to say, the rebuild is in progress and this team is better but still has a long way to go.  QB isn't the position of need right now IMO, and certainly isn't my take away from this game. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Do you know how ****ing embarrassing it would be to challenge that at the end of a blowout just to keep an INT off of Cousins stat sheet? Jesus dude

But that review was pretty quick by the refs (I don't even think that even happened). It is not about keeping the INT off the sheet.

9 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

You haven't been able to challenge a turnover in years without a 15-yard penalty.  They're automatically reviewed.  And it's in the last two minutes.

Thought about that after my post. Thx. 

2 minutes ago, Wyndorf25 said:

Damn. This team is FAR from the perennial contending team we were all led to believe it is. Redskins just couldn't hang with a weakened top team even while playing at home. So disappointing. 

I think that's the sad, sobering truth. We couldn't EVEN COMPETE. The Steelers were without, arguably, their best offensive player. Didn't matter. Ran all over with us, and passed with ease. 

Offensively, we had some chances, but failed to execute. O line penalties, inaccurate throws from Cousins. But even with the lack of execution, we appeared so outmatched schematically. Steelers literally played Zone the entire game, and we couldn't adjust. No idea why

6 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

We did, but I still feel like we got it screwed on a lot of calls. Phantom false start on licht while steelers o lineman have seizures every play and no call. The ending was fitting. Oh well, time to watch a backup qb sit on the bench for the national anthem

Oh there were definitely one or two bad calls but all in all I really don't want to use the refs for any sort of blame. I want this team to OWN how bad they were. Otherwise, there's no way they will improve.

Just now, Destino said:

None of them are.  Look at how New England looks without Tom Brady.  The best teams are exactly that.  Teams.  How did Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Andrew Luck, and Matt Ryan do in the playoffs last year?  Right.  Meanwhile the Super Bowl champion had maybe the worst starting QB in the league last season.... and beat the NFL MVP QB.  

The great myth of the NFL is that QBs do it alone.  That they single handedly turn awful teams into Super Bowl contenders.  

When this roster is good, we'll know it.  Like I said before the season and continue to say, the rebuild is in progress and this team is better but still has a long way to go.  QB isn't the position of need right now IMO, and certainly isn't my take away from this game. 

I agree with ALL of your points.

Quarterbacks are very rarely not MVP of the Super Bowl if not the league.  They're rarely not the most important player on the team.  They're rarely  forgettable in the Super Bowl.

You can be a star with a decent team, but unless you're the 2015 Broncos or 2000 Ravens, your quarterback matters.

9 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

it appeared they played pretty heavy zone all game. probably neutralized shots down the field. The solution is to run the ball effectively, which we(shockingly) failed to do. 

Serious about that? Our run game has been pathetic since we took the rock away from Morris. HC reminds me of McDaniels and how he dismantled a perennial winner n a single season.

Not that we were a perennial winner.  

2 minutes ago, carex said:

until you offer me proof I'll look at it how I like.  The Steelers didn't force us into 1st and 15s, we did

:wtf:

If the simple fact that everyone (almost everyone, I guess) just saw us get pushed around on both lines of scrimmage consistently, constantly yielding positive gains and making stupid mistakes (which is usually a sure sign of a loser team) isn't enough for you, then I'm not one to argue.

They got plunked. No other way to look at it. But enjoy the excuses and look at them all you want. Lord knows there's plenty to grab hold of :ols:

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

I think that's the sad, sobering truth. We couldn't EVEN COMPETE. The Steelers were without, arguably, their best offensive player. Didn't matter. Ran all over with us, and passed with ease. 

Offensively, we had some chances, but failed to execute. O line penalties, inaccurate throws from Cousins. But even with the lack of execution, we appeared so outmatched schematically. Steelers literally played Zone the entire game, and we couldn't adjust. No idea why

I hear ya. The Redskins were simply OUTCLASSED tonight...in their own house...against a team missing their #1 RB, #2 & #3 WR. So disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, Travdaskin said:

Is the 4-3 a better defense for stopping the run? Maybe an extra lineman instead of a LB would help out a bit in that regard. 

Neither is more effective than the other IMO.  It about personell,  and in our case... Good form tackling.  We can't tackle a tackle dummy.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

:wtf:

If the simple fact that everyone (almost everyone, I guess) just saw us get pushed around on both lines of scrimmage consistently, constantly yielding positive gains and making stupid mistakes (which is usually a sure sign of a loser team) isn't enough for you, then I'm not one to argue.

They got plunked. No other way to look at it. But enjoy the excuses and look at them all you want. Lord knows there's plenty to grab hold of :ols:

making mistakes is  the exact reason why I say they did it to themselves

Jay on post game.. "we gotta figure out how to get the running game going"

YOU HAVE TO HAND IT OFF TO YOUR ****ING RUNNING BACK MORE THAN 7 TIMES TO GET ANYTHING GOING..

What an embarrassment, yet again on another Monday night.. Monday night massacre all over again.

Every off season i get excited about this team only to be kicked square in the nuts over and over again by the same problems every year.. bad qb play, poor running game and gawd awful defense.

Every time we pay a good team we get smoked.. Every ****ing time.

Just now, crabbypatty said:

Jay on post game.. "we gotta figure out how to get the running game going"

YOU HAVE TO HAND IT OFF TO YOUR ****ING RUNNING BACK MORE THAN 7 TIMES TO GET ANYTHING GOING..

What an embarrassment, yet again on another Monday night.. Monday night massacre all over again.

Every off season i get excited about this team only to be kicked square in the nuts over and over again by the same problems every year.. bad qb play, poor running game and gawd awful defense.

Every time we pay a good team we get smoked.. Every ****ing time.

Where are you seeing this?

7 minutes ago, 3 Rings said:

When Kerrigan lost that fumble in the second quarter after we only settled for two fgs I turned to my buddy and said..."we're about to get blown out".  

Thats how many times I've seen this franchise play the exact same game.  It's pathetic.

I said the exact same thing to my buddy.

3 minutes ago, Travdaskin said:

Is the 4-3 a better defense for stopping the run? Maybe an extra lineman instead of a LB would help out a bit in that regard. 

yeah, I'm not seeing what the 3-4 offers.  I mean if you want to mix up who you rush, then do a zone blitz.  I mean Smith and Kerrigan would be the ends anyway

I came out of last season not feeling confident in Jay or Cousins.  I feel even worse now.

What a disappointing game.

Glad Jay is going to look at the film, and "get his ducks in a row", because we flat out sucked. Jay says the team needs to settle down.  My lord, they played with zero emotion.  Shortest post-game interview I've seen.

At least Jay was proud of his players during the national anthem.  Sigh.

Archived