Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Steelers at Redskins

TK

all i ask is that we be competitive. play with some damn heart and pride. im done with us getting spanked on big, nationally televised games and/or looking like a JV team playing elite teams. i feel different about this team and this game. i think we pull out the W when the clock strikes 00:00. 

HTTR!!

1 minute ago, skinsfan1523 said:

I'm so nervous, I'm so used to dissapointment,  so I'm just hoping for a close game with a super bowl contender.  

If we are gonna get to where we wanna go we gotta defeat these boys. **** a close game. Win or stay home! We got this! (I get where you're coming from though trust me). 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Amazing that I still get nervous before opening night.

Isn't it amazing? One of the most intriguing little things about being human, imo...our emotional, almost primal investment in a group of strangers being paid to wear colors that we all have our own reasons for supporting, usually through birthright...its incredible, on a macro level, to think about sports and how important they are to so many around the world.

It never gets old. Well, I'm 27 so I can't say that for sure...but I hope it never gets old.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I get nervous when national analysts pick us to win.

I think we snapped this jinx during the winning stretch last season...we were picked by many analysts a lot in those W's to make the playoffs and take the division.

3 minutes ago, skinsfan1523 said:

I'm so nervous, I'm so used to dissapointment,  so I'm just hoping for a close game with a super bowl contender.  

This is me exactly! Just hope it's not an embarrassment. It has happened too many times, especially on national games.

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Isn't it amazing? One of the most intriguing little things about being human, imo...our emotional, almost primal investment in a group of strangers being paid to wear colors that we all have our own reasons for supporting, usually through birthright...its incredible, on a macro level, to think about sports and how important they are to so many around the world.

It never gets old. Well, I'm 27 so I can't say that for sure...but I hope it never gets old.

I am almost 56 and it's been like this for almost 50 yrs for me (47 to be exact!). Nervous as hell tonight!

Archived