Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-2017 NFL Gameday Thread

ExoDus84

Just now, Redskin4ever said:

I get what you are saying, but Atlanta had their shots to win. And they still had a chance to play defense and get a stop. This game should have never gone to overtime.

Perhaps the game shouldn't have gone to overtime.  But it did.  And when it does, to give any team a blatant advantage like that is a pock mark on the legitimacy of victory.  You wanna play it like that in the regular season for expediency?  Fine, whatever.  But in the Super Bowl?  Take the time to get it right.  Each team gets the same number of possessions and you play until, after an equal number of possessions, one team has a greater score than the other.  That's how to do it right.

Football is a game of three phases: Offense, Defense, and Special Teams.  But one of those phases scores a ****-ton more than the others, and to allow one team to have that phase and be guaranteed victory if they score without the other team having a chance is a bull**** way to crown the league champion.

4 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Perhaps the game shouldn't have gone to overtime.  But it did.  And when it does, to give any team a blatant advantage like that is a pock mark on the legitimacy of victory. 

I disagree.  I like the way the NFL overtime is setup.  The college overtime is garbage.  I feel like it's anti-climactic and goes on forever.

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But he's the greatest for all the stuff that he had plenty to do with. The 5 rings are just icing on the cake 

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. For me, over my life watching football there are 5 QBs who I feel are clearly better than all the others, and Brady's one of them. But I wouldn't put him number 1.

But my point, again, is on the ridiculous way people judge it based on "clutch" nonsense. Which way, way too often have nothing to do with anything the QB himself did. And in Brady's case in particular. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. For me, over my life watching football there are 5 QBs who I feel are clearly better than all the others, and Brady's one of them. But I wouldn't put him number 1.

But my point, again, is on the ridiculous way people judge it based on "clutch" nonsense. Which way, way too often have nothing to do with anything the QB himself did. And in Brady's case in particular. 

What, you didn't like the clutch interception Brady pulled on the seahawks on that goal-line stand?  Or his clutch "throw the ball so it winds up on top of three defenders and my receiver grabs it" throw tonight?

8 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

I love it, just booing the **** out of Goodell.

This is why I wanted a Patriots win. Goodell is arguably my second most hated person in the world. Anything that ****s with him is a-ok in my book. 

And while I'm here, am I the only one who finds the Brady/Patriots hate more obnoxious than Brady or the Patriots? Not sure I've ever felt that way outside of a team I root for. And maybe it says more about me, I don't know. Just seems like hate for hating's sake though. **** is whack. 

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

One of them's Scott right? NOBODY trumps Scott! 

Hail. 

Just now, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

And while I'm here, am I the only one who finds the Brady/Patriots hate more obnoxious than Brady or the Patriots? Not sure I've ever felt that way outside of a team I root for. And maybe it says more about me, I don't know. Just seems like hate for hating's sake though. **** is whack. 

We hate them for cheating.  Repeatedly.  We hate them more for being winning cheaters.

1 minute ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

This is why I wanted a Patriots win. Goodell is arguably my second most hated person in the world. Anything that ****s with him is a-ok in my book. 

No. It's childish. Especially at this point

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

What, you didn't like the clutch interception Brady pulled on the seahawks on that goal-line stand?  Or his clutch "throw the ball so it winds up on top of three defenders and my receiver grabs it" throw tonight?

Nobody said he did it by himself. But had that Seahawks INT not happened and he loses that game, I wouldn't feel any differently about him

Make no mistake, Kyle lost this game. I respect him for trying to shoot the moon, but it was a bad place. Had his play worked on 3rd and 1 it would've been considered brilliant, but it was the wrong way to go.

At that point in the game, with a strong lead, you play the averages and go conservative. Run the ball and make sure your guy has two hands on it. You don't make it, you still bleed the clock and punt.

Then there was the fact that they were snapping the ball with 10+ seconds on the play clock in the 4th quarter. No situational awareness there. 

Archived