Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do we get the run game going?

JoeKnowsBest

42 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Moses has looked like crap so far this preseason

No, he looks like a youngster, still making young mistakes sometimes, and he has "looked like crap" is a little strong.

Keep in mind, this is technically just the start of his second year. Yeah, it really is his third year this season, but his rookie year was wasted because of a year long injury.

On August 24, 2016 at 0:35 PM, Gregpeck99 said:

Not crazy about Jones ... but he has shown enough to warrant playing early on.  

I think Kelley or Marshall will stick and the other end up on PS.

Pierre will probably come in later.

Skins carry 4 backs with CT.

Waiting for next year when Skins grab either McCaffery, Fournette or Chubb.

Scoring points and moving the chains will not be biggest problem this year.

Points will come. I agree. McCraffery would be a good fit with the WCO

On August 24, 2016 at 4:43 PM, RedskinsInFebruary said:

Well I was thinking more along the lines of:

*I always believe you don't let a player walk unless you have a replacement

*Morris is a bonafide character guy

*He has actually had NFL success in the past

*He's proven very durable

*It wouldn't have been such an obvious subtraction if he'd ended up outside our division, arrghhh

So based on those, I've lost a tad of faith in McC.  Still very grateful he's here though.  And having said all that, I think after closely watching the Rams spring their backs the other night, I think our problem is our line unfortunately. Their line generally pushes forward on running plays; I don't see much of that with us.

Morris doesn't fit the WCO. Not a threat as a pass catching RB. Jones can do that. He just needs to stay healthy. 

Block Better?

I think we keep 4: Jones, Thompson, Kelly and Brown.  I think Marshall hits the PS when he's healthy.

But to honest, I would like to get rid of Thompson.  He has brought nothing his entire time here but injury.  Everyone is so quick to get rid of Jones because of his injuries, but honestly, Thompson hasn't been healthy a day since he's been drafted. 

Jay has said they'll put Kerridge out there too. I've seen him on STs and he's a bully. Even if they put him in the backfield for blocking I'd like to see what he can do. He was a pretty good receiver in college. Those are the two most important things an FB has to do - block & catch.

Although it's kind of curious that they let Young walk and picked up another UDFA FB right after the draft when Jay freely admitted he wasn't real sure to do with a FB last year. Young was a FA so maybe they just couldn't come to terms. He went to Chicago so hopefully things are working out well for him.

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Block Better?

I think we keep 4: Jones, Thompson, Kelly and Brown.  I think Marshall hits the PS when he's healthy.

But to honest, I would like to get rid of Thompson.  He has brought nothing his entire time here but injury.  Everyone is so quick to get rid of Jones because of his injuries, but honestly, Thompson hasn't been healthy a day since he's been drafted. 

I understand the frustration, but that would be short-sighted. He is by far our best and most dynamic receiving RB.

2 hours ago, Johns Bass said:

Jay has said they'll put Kerridge out there too. I've seen him on STs and he's a bully. Even if they put him in the backfield for blocking I'd like to see what he can do. He was a pretty good receiver in college. Those are the two most important things an FB has to do - block & catch.

Although it's kind of curious that they let Young walk and drafted another FB when Jay freely admitted he wasn't real sure to do with a FB last year. Young was a FA so maybe they just couldn't come to terms. He went to Chicago so hopefully things are working out well for him.

When did we draft a FB?

Young got cut by the Bears yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Some dude named Kerridge who seems to have materialized from nowhere.

Must have signed him as a camp tryout, and the coaches apparently like him

Right, but we didn't draft him. Highly doubt we roster a FB with our RB problems and TE overload. 

He's just going to be a body to absorb touches in the 4th preseason game because we need whoever we're rostering between Kelley and Brown healthy.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Some dude named Kerridge who seems to have materialized from nowhere.

Must have signed him as a camp tryout, and the coaches apparently like him

UDFA right after the draft - he's a Fullback, probably why you haven't seen him but he's been really good on STs so far. If he can block I would hope they would keep him around or at least use a TE in the backfield more often than in the past. FB is a dying breed but the Vike's use one and their running game is OK...Anyway - options are good whether he stays or not.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I understand the frustration, but that would be short-sighted. He is by far our best and most dynamic receiving RB.

When did we draft a FB?

Yes. Hence why I still have him on the roster...for now. I'd replace him as soon as I could. There is not one game I can remember in his career that he made a difference. Very overated by our fans. Very.

The elephant in the room is that for all the amazing things Reed does as a receiving threat, he's awful as a blocker, and that's putting it kindly.  The play where Keith Marshall got hurt, that defender was Reed's assignment, but he whiffed on the block.

Vernon Davis and Niles Paul will help, but you want Reed to be out there to threaten the pass.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

When did we draft a FB?

Thanx. I thought I changed that before I posted. Obviously I did not.

Tough to argue how well RK has carried the ball, and blocked in pass pro this pre-season.  Everyone seems to have a lot of confidence in him.

It would not shock me at all to see him overtake Jones.  When healthy Jones is potentially dynamic, but he appears to have the injury bug...

1 hour ago, illone said:

Tough to argue how well RK has carried the ball, and blocked in pass pro this pre-season.  Everyone seems to have a lot of confidence in him.

It would not shock me at all to see him overtake Jones.  When healthy Jones is potentially dynamic, but he appears to have the injury bug...

And the fumble bug

Archived