Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

This is an awesome article.  

I saw a ton of plays last year where we totally outschemed the other team but just couldn't follow through on the execution.  That wide open pass to the TE in the Patriots game was one, the article mentions two in the Packers playoff game.

I'm sure the players know it too.  Hope another year in the system means we step up our consistency and become even more explosive offensively.

Better start thinking about extending Breeland... From what I seen from him in first 2 years, getting in early is gonna save us a lot of cap space. This kid is reeeeaaaalllllly good

The way the rookie deals work, I don't think they can negotiate until after the end of the 3rd season.  This off-season I would expect talks with Breeland and Moses.

edit for confirmation:

Rookie contracts for draft choices can’t be renegotiated or changed in any way until the regular season finale of the contract’s third year. Undrafted free agents must wait until their conclusion of the regular season in their second season to amend a contract (Sec. 3, (k, i-iii), 28).

http://warsaw.sportsblog.com/posts/2143461/2015-nfl-draft--explaining-nfl-rookie-contracts.html

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 4m4 minutes ago

Neil Dalal Retweeted Aditi Kinkhabwala

Never like to see a player get hurt, but this will mean he misses the MNF opener against the #Redskins

Neil Dalal added,

Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala
Ouch. @RapSheet and I were just told LOUSY news for the #Steelers. CB Senquez Golson has a lisfranc injury that could keep him out 12 weeks

Bryan Van Balen @bnvanbalen 7m7 minutes ago Richmond, VA

#Redskins' right side of OL will "emerge as one of the best in this league" over next couple of years, says Trent Williams.

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 7m7 minutes ago

"He's a scholar of the game ... the sky is the limit for him ... one of the best right sides of this league" - Williams on Morgan Moses

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 9m9 minutes ago

Trent on Morgan Moses: "He's like a little brother to me." #Redskins

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 9m9 minutes ago

"He's like a little brother to me. I see so much potential and talent in him. I see how hard he works". - Williams on Morgan Moses.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 10m10 minutes ago

"He's stepped in to that role as a starter. He's come in in great shape. Every day he gets harder and harder to block" - Trent on Preston

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 10m10 minutes ago

Williams - Preston Smith looks more comfortable this year. He's worked on his body & skill set. Every day he gets harder and harder to block

Ben Standig @BenStandig 12m12 minutes ago

Williams on Scherff - Notes he's built more like a guard and has greater potential at that spot. Expects "head & shoulders" growth in Y2.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 13m13 minutes ago

"You can't win a game on paper. Our plan is to go out and prove it on Sundays." - Trent Williams

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 13m13 minutes ago

Williams - Callahan doesn't let me settle. He's always going to push me to do better. I respect him for that.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 15m15 minutes ago

Williams - Any rookie coming in practicing with first team will have hard time [On Scherff last year]. Thought he was more built like Guard

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 15m15 minutes ago

"I think he's more built like a guard" - Trent Williams saying Brandon Scherff could be a good tackle but All-Pro guard #Redskins

Washington Redskins @Redskins 16m16 minutes ago

"I just want to be better than last year...continue to grow." Williams' goals include putting together winning seasons, leading by example.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 6m6 minutes ago

You have to be a man of @TrentW71's size to even consider calling Morgan Moses "little brother" #SkinsCamp

Co3dweDUEAEpPdk.jpg

Nice look at a 30-year old who could be the next Jon Gruden from @Andy_Benoit.

He’s the NFL’s Best Head Coaching Candidate. And He’s 30

Beloved by players and respected by coaches (even those twice his age), Sean McVay has helped build an unlikely offensive power in the nation’s capital. Washington’s play-calling prodigy is now on pace to bec

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/02/nfl-washington-sean-mcvay-offensive-coordinator-head-coach-kirk-cousins-jay-gruden

Reading these things about McVay is pretty encouraging! This part stuck out (which makes me think that our "football guys" might both like Kirk but also understand exactly where he stands): 

What stood out again and again on film was how few plays the quarterback himself had to actually create. Washington’s system, with its array of formations, intertwined route combinations and zone running game married to play-action, was often defining the plays for him. Schematically, there may not have been a better-designed offense in football. Cousins, to his credit, allowed it to function and prospered under the circumstances.

ESPN :Skins might have something in Dunbar

An undrafted free agent converting from wideout to cornerback would usually struggle, but Quinton Dunbar did just fine as a rookie. Football Outsiders wonders if he can keep it up with more work.

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

Redskins left tackle Trent Williams is confident in what the right side of the line can accomplish --guard Brandon Scherff and tackle Morgan Moses. Williams said they could be "one of the best" in a couple years.

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 3m3 minutes ago

Stephen Czarda Retweeted JakeKring-Schreifels

Even after 11 months away, Lauvao took first-team reps yesterday and looked pretty good at times.

Stephen Czarda added,

Co356kMWEAAD5k-.jpg
JakeKring-Schreifels @jakeks19
0 retweets 0 likes

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 11m11 minutes ago

Rookie RB Keith Marshall (@Truthh4) is showing fantastic potential. Elusiveness, explosiveness, agility...has it all

Co346NkXYAAAcCr.jpg

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 13m13 minutes ago

The energy & excitement @J_No24 brings to the #Redskins is palpable, both on the field, and just around the facility

Co34r2OWAAAQXuk.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 15m15 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Not a good idea. Signed, the Redskins

Rich Tandler added,

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Titans want to give Marcus Mariota more chances to run http://wp.me/p14QSB-a5aZ

Greg Toler is turning some heads, both due to his play on the field, and his hair off of it... He'll see snaps.

Co34TN8WEAA4CHE.jpg

1. Just saw a brownish, 12-14 inch snake slither into a hole near my steps. What should I do? Short of moving to a new house?

@TarikCSN Tarik don't do snakes?

0 retweets 0 likes

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 20m20 minutes ago

Yes, @RyanKerrigan91 is really that pretty in person. It's kind of ridiculous. He's also looking quicker & nastier.

Co34DR1W8AAFdoR.jpg

Brian McNally @bmcnally14 22m22 minutes ago Richmond, VA

Hall feels different about '16: "But I just feel like this is the first time I’ve come into a season where we have a chance to be great."

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 24m24 minutes ago

Make no mistake, @Freakyjean99 is a real leader on this team. Every practice he's teaching young #Redskins players.

Co33pRtWYAEdCfR.jpg

A few tidbits from a piece of inside the locker room that I caught at lunch, for those of you who are outside the listening area.

Doc was detailing the youngsters that caught his eye so far, and impressed him. I didn't catch the whole thing, but here's what I did catch:

Maurice Harris: 6', 200lb, looked good running around making catches (didn't catch the rest)

Mack Brown: looked like a man, excellent on blitz pickup, steps into the hole and stones linebackers, has some wiggle running

Kendall Fuller: looks like a vet, Doc thinks he is absolutely the real deal, looks like he always knows where to be, fluid hips, gonna be a stud

Martrell Spaight: all business, says he hasn't smiled yet, loves the intensity and how he hits people

Steven Daniels: Said it was actually Daniels who got into a fight with Paul, not Spaight as previously reported, liked how he bounced up immediately after getting stiff armed by Paul, then got up and started throwing, he liked how Daniels didn't take any crap from one of the tougher guys on the team, who is full speed 100% of the time, said he learned an important lesson.

Matt Ioannidis: Said he's a man, like granite. doesn't give up ground, always in attack mode. Doc said Matt reminded him of Russ Grimm with his mentality, like a mature vet but 100% go all the time (paraphrased that last part)

*edit,

He also said Anthony Lanier caught his eye, but didn't say much about him other than that he was from alabama a&m

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 10s10 seconds ago

"It's good exercise" - Jay Gruden on riding his bike from hotel to facilities with the rest of the #Redskins coaches

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 6m6 minutes ago Richmond, VA

Cravens won't practice today with a strained leg tendon.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 10m10 minutes ago

#Redskins TE Davis will be happy with whatever role he earns. read it in BRBN CSN #RedskinsTalk

Co34YQXWYAEVzAd.jpg

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 4m4 minutes ago

Players coming out of the room, as the temperature drops and the clouds roll over. #Redskins

Co4D9xsUsAAovsv.jpg

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 6m6 minutes ago

Logan Paulsen getting work in before stretching portion of afternoon practice https://vine.co/v/5AU1prBpAme 

Ben Standig @BenStandig 8m8 minutes ago

With no Doctson or Cravens, means Redskins top two picks are sitting. "Rookie training room," Gruden cracked.

Ben Standig @BenStandig 11m11 minutes ago

Jay Gruden rules Sua' Cravens out of practice today. Strained tendon in back of leg. Mentions Hamstring. Cravens watched lots Mon.

George Wallace @GWallaceWTOP 10m10 minutes ago

Gruden when told this has been a boring camp..."thanks" #Redskins

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 5s5 seconds ago

Jay Gruden, Scot McCloughan watching #Redskins tackling drills.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 3m3 minutes ago

Lynden Trail just tackled Preston Smith. That's a lot of body covering the mat now

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 2m2 minutes ago

Bruton has shown the best technique so far. Tackling with head across body

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 6m6 minutes ago

On other field, special teams players are working on mirroring players covering kicks then tackling on padded mat. Working on angles.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 8m8 minutes ago

OL working on "holy stick" exercises. 1 OL holds stick straight while other OL gets in stance, shuffles then lifts stick up with resistance

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 9m9 minutes ago

The focus of today's practice appears to be fundamentals - players working on tackling, wrapping up between waist and shoulders. #Redskins

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo 1m1 minute ago

WR Reggie Diggs (knee) in uniform for the first time. Missed OTAs after getting it scoped.

Just saw him getting in line for a drill.  Diggs looks like a grown ass man.  Always got fingers crossed for finding a few diamonds in the rough guys.  It's easy to pull for the UDFAs.  Those dudes are battling long odds to reach their goals.  Respect.

Speaking of grown ass men...Morgan Moses.  Ridiculous.  

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 1m1 minute ago Richmond, VA

With Diggs, Lauvao and Riley Jr. off PUP, only WR Josh Doctson and TE Derek Carrier remain on the list.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 2m2 minutes ago

While we are watching special teams drills on main field, the other field has the players doing some extra conditioning today. #Redskins

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 6m6 minutes ago

Now we are switching to what appears to be kissed FG return drills. Hopkins kicking them deliberately short from 57 yards out.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 6m6 minutes ago

Missed. Not kissed. Hi.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 7m7 minutes ago

Tress way practicing punts with the point down. One gunner taps the ball back to the other gunner.

Redskins Buzztap @redskinsbuzztap 7m7 minutes ago

redskins​.com >> Jay Gruden On Scherff: "He's Not Going Unnoticed" http://buzztap.com/-dscgr0

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 9m9 minutes ago

No helmet and no pads but Su'a Cravens still out here learning w Will Compton #RedskinsTalk

The Insider @Insider 38s39 seconds ago

Will Compton’s work ethic and humor make him beloved in Redskins’ locker room read it in BRBN

Rick Snider Retweeted

.@Snide_Remarks: "Is the second coming of the Hogs ready to resurrect the legendary offensive line?" Read it in BRBN CSN DC

Strained tendon keeps Su'a Cravens out of Tuesday practice, possibly longer. read it in BRBN   #RedskinsTalk

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 15m15 minutes ago

GM McCloughan and his taped up hand here at practice

Co4K8joXYAACV_a.jpg

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 14m14 minutes ago

Trent Williams Jersey is rolled up and tucked under his pads. Hogs 2.0 shirt underneath

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 14m14 minutes ago

Lauvao and Long are splitting reps at LG with the first team offense in these drills. It's offense only, working on play calls.

Kevin Seifert NFL Nation 
seifert_kevin_m.jpg

The Redskins have some talent on offense, led by this guy in yellow. They're going to score some points this season. Liking what I see here in Richmond, Virginia.

bd14ce83-3705-4da1-8d6e-368355ea3e1a.jpg

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 15s15 seconds ago

Ross catches slant on Breeland. Breeland was playing off

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 53s53 seconds ago

Jackson catches a short slant in front of norman

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 1m1 minute ago

Robbie Duncan Retweeted Paul Conner

Toler still killing it.

Robbie Duncan added,

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr
Toler knocks another one away from garcon

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 2m2 minutes ago

Dez Stewart on back shoulder past carrington

Bruton shuts down grant

Rick Doc Walker @RickDocWalker 4m4 minutes ago

TY NSEKHE is a BIG part of Hogs 2.0 http://fb.me/1qnnWtA1W 

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 4m4 minutes ago

Turner catches one past fuller

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 5m5 minutes ago

Reed catches one on Blackmon

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 21s21 seconds ago

Compton Foster and Reyes with first team

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 1m1 minute ago

Preston Smith sets edge and DL rallies to Jones. Baker gets up yelling. He's hype for the stop

Offense vs defense. Matt Jones slapping hands with OL to get them going. Long with first tesm

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 3m3 minutes ago

.@TheRocketRashad going 1-on-1 with Bashaud Breeland.

.@TheRocketRashad going 1-on-1 with Bashaud Breeland.
Vine by Stephen Czarda
View on Vine

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1m1 minute ago

Crowder with the sticky hands.

Crowder with the sticky hands.
Vine by Redskins
View on Vine

Keith Marshall on big hole created by Ariel Kouandjio gets to third level

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 4m4 minutes ago

Pierre Garçon vs. Greg Toler.

Pierre Garçon vs. Greg Toler.
Vine by Stephen Czarda
View on Vine

John Keim @john_keim 5m5 minutes ago

DHall with a good play vs Jordan Reed

John Keim @john_keim 6m6 minutes ago

Norman vs Jackson (next matchup: Jackson caught TD in corner)

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/760564221599969280

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 7m7 minutes ago

Neil Dalal Retweeted Paul Conner

Interesting player selection. I would want Reed/Paul running a TE screen but hearing Davis has juice left in tanke

Neil Dalal added,

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr
TE screen to Vernon Davis. Tons of room to run. Flag comes in. Maybe Lichtensteiger with hold

Looks like Tandler is forgoing tweeting to do this. I'm not sure it's going like they expected. You have to refresh the page to see what he's posting and it's really slow. Can probably wait and check it out after practice. 

Follow me as I blog #Redskins practice live from #RVA http://wp.me/pAil9-4JX  #RedskinsTalk

JAY GRUDEN: SHUTDOWN CORNER #RedskinsInRVA #HTTR

Co4PGKIXEAQtQ3a.jpg

I see no Hap at the moment. I'll jump in for a second and try to pick up where he left off.

Martrel Spaight now lined up next to Mason Foster. Defense has a mix of 1 and 2s. Phillips breaks up pass intended for Jackson deep

Preston Smith and Jefferson are OLBs

First snap. Cousins play action drops back, looks for DJax along sideline about 25 yards deep. Incomplete, PBU I think was DHall.

Chris Thompson flies around corner of Jefferson side and is gone. No one catching him

Second snap Chris Thompson stretch to the right. Hits the edge with speed, turns the corner. He gone. Big gain. #Redskins

Jefferson immediately replaced by Trail

Jones runs into Spaight for a minimal gain

Third snap Matt Jones up the guts. His feet dance a little before he hits the hole. 3 yd gain. Needed to be more decisive.

Now it's Spaight and Riley but 2nd team DL

Cousins w crosser to Garcon. Breeland was slow to get up. Might have been a groin trying to change direction seeing Garcon crossing his side

Fourth snap. Cousins bootleg to the right, hits Garcon vs Breeland. Minor scare as Breeland grabs his groin area, but I think he's okay.

Good time for a break to go to special teams work.

Archived