Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

Dan Synder @MrDCsportsSr 21m21 minutes ago

Will Compton is pretty much entrenched as one of the ILB starters..think spot opposite of him is up for grabs with Foster, Riley, Spaight

Bashaud Breeland @Salute_me17 12m12 minutes ago

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 13m13 minutes ago

"Matt Jones is going to have a heck of a year. A really good year. Shock people." - #Redskins GM Scot McCloughan to @carolmaloney4

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 14m14 minutes ago

Back home safely. Thanks again to all the awesome people I met while in Richmond!

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 4m4 minutes ago West Springfield, VA

Redskins training camp recap: Norman, Su'a, camp life and all that happened on August 2. http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1691836-redskins-camp-recap-august-2 

Co7_mhtVUAAzf4R.jpg

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 28s29 seconds ago West Springfield, VA

The (Video) Interview: Redskins RT Morgan Moses on Trent Williams, who he'd take to Vegas. http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1691892-the-interview-redskins-ot-morgan-moses 

Co8ApUeVYAAtfrd.jpg

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 2m2 minutes ago St Charles, MD

The offensive line is better, but are they Hogs 2.0? My 106.7 The Fan column. Read it in BRBN  CBS DC

WATCH: my one-on-one with Will Compton. #Redskins

http://wjla.com/sports/washington-redskins/compton-stepping-up-for-redskins

Junior Galette is set to get surgery on his Achilles today. #Redskins

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 7m7 minutes ago

With Day 6 of #Redskins Training Camp a little under 1hr away, catch up on yesterday: VIDEO RECAP:

1. Neil Dalal Retweeted Junior Galette

#Redskins pass rusher is set to have his Achilles surgery soon

Neil Dalal added,

Junior Galette @JovaisG
    My bad man about to get under the knife https://twitter.com/dcnation12/status/760667228777897986 

Ya know...I realy REALY appreciate Ricky J being on this team...he's no sack leader or lead dog in the take away department but he's a hell of a team leader..players like him,swaggy and others that make this team special..HUGE BIG ****ING SHOUT OUT to those who make this a great place to visit..thanks ladies n gents

How come every time we mention nose tackle we downplay the need for one because we dont line up in a 3/4 defense very often anymore but when we're discussing our linebacker situation we always talk about the need for two good middle linebackers.

If we've pretty much shifted our base defense away from the 3/4 doesn't that mean that we dont have anywhere near as high of a need for middle linebackers?

How come every time we mention nose tackle we downplay the need for one because we dont line up in a 3/4 defense very often anymore but when we're discussing our linebacker situation we always talk about the need for two good middle linebackers.

If we've pretty much shifted our base defense away from the 3/4 doesn't that mean that we dont have anywhere near as high of a need for middle linebackers?

Bottom line is, we're gonna get run on a lot this year, and I don't predict it's going to be very pretty. But let's hope we can score some points and force opponents to throw more than they would like.

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 54s55 seconds ago

On the field w Will Compton, mic'd up at camp. Awesome access & work from @Mitch_Tischler http://buff.ly/2auzwG4 

Co8V_yQWYAAo1nn.jpg

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 17m17 minutes ago

From my Snapchat, #Redskins rookie WR Josh Doctson is in a boot today.

Co8SlG6UsAEb7hq.jpg

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 12m12 minutes ago St Charles, MD

Don't care what anyone says - Doctson wearing a boot is a bad sign in the short term at least.

ick Snider @Snide_Remarks 58m58 minutes ago St Charles, MD

Talking with Vernon Davis yesterday, he mentioned a role in movie with The Rock. Turns out its the new Baywatch coming out next year.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 36m36 minutes ago

First player out of the locker room for walkthroughs today: Matt Ioannidis #Redskins

We end up in a 3-4 under a lot, which puts your Will in the dirt and you still have 2 ILBs. It's similar to a nickle D, but you still have 4 LBs technically. That's why a cat like Cravens can play ILB in the nickle, because he can also be like a SS or NCB, but if you're in the 34U and expecting run, someone like Riley next to Compton, is bigger and stronger and can play the run better.

Very similar defenses, which is why it make no sense to get caught up in the 34/43 debate. The only real differences are the personnel.

20% we're in an actual 3-4, where you have Baker, Golston, Reyes on the line and Smith, Kerrigan, Compton, Riley at backer.

if you so to 2nd and short, then Smith or Kerrigan will go to the dirt making 4 linemen, with the 2 LBs still behind the line and it's technically a 34U/O

But if it's a 2nd and long/3rd and long, Golston comes out, Baker and Reyes move inside, Kerrigan and Smith bookend the line and a Cravens replaces Riley.

I wouldn't go that far. Out DL is a real concern as well as RB

Also Kirk still needs to take a step

I think NT is a concern, but I think we're loaded at DE. We're 3 deep at both end spots and I think whoever gets cut gets picked up somewhere, I think our depth there is that good. RB is a question mark, but I think it will be a pleasant surprise. ILB is a concern, and I don't know if we have the answer there yet. C is also a concern. Long hasn't looked good there and Kory I don't think is the answer and I think LeRebus is finally gone, he has not looked good at all.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 17s18 seconds ago

Lauvao and Williams rotate out, Long and Nsekhe come in. Centre, RG and RT stay same. #Redskins

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1m1 minute ago

"I consider myself a student of the game." Rookie Spotlight with "The Professor": http://redsk.in/2aN8LuW 

Co8YJf9XgAUD2TK.jpg

JP Finlay @JPFinlayCSN 2m2 minutes ago

ICYMI: Matt Jones changed his offseason approach, and diet, to get ready as Redskins RB1 read it in BRBN

Co8YIKZXgAEGG0C.jpg

Redskins Report @redskins_fanly 4m4 minutes ago

Highlights, hot takes from Day 5 of Training Camp #BurgundyandGold http://app.fanly.me/article/IZUfZVsYRG 

Co8X-dzWIAEICbS.jpg

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 8m8 minutes ago

It's only walkthroughs, but Su'a Cravens appears to be a full participant. #Redskins

CSN Redskins @CSNRedskins 1m1 minute ago

WATCH: Rookie Josh Doctson spotted in walking boot at #Redskins training camp http://ow.ly/VR0N302SWBW  #RedskinsTalk

Co8ZQxWWcAAFWBM.jpg

Post Sports @PostSports 4m4 minutes ago

NFL analyst: Kirk Cousins is the worst starting quarterback in the NFC East read it in BRBN WP

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 11m11 minutes ago

Again, only walkthroughs, so grain of salt blah blah blah, but: Su'a Cravens strength seems to be tracking ball carriers to hit them at LOS

Who is chad ryan affiliated with as far as the media?  I love his scoops...but does he pay his own way here to DC from Australia? 

He is with Redskins Capital Connection, and I believe he does pay his own way here, he really wants to get on with a local paper as a Redskins reporter.  A really nice guy I met him at TC last year.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 14m14 minutes ago

Lauvao and Williams rotate out, Long and Nsekhe come in. Centre, RG and RT stay same. #Redskins

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 15m15 minutes ago

#Cowboys backup QB Kellen Moore will have surgery on his broken ankle today in Dallas, source said. Recovery time is 3 or 4 months.

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 1m1 minute ago

Burgundy Blog Retweeted Vancouver Osprey

Not exactly right. Tendinosis can be non-inflammatory, degenerative, and refractory.

Burgundy Blog added,

Vancouver Osprey @VancouverOsprey
@BurgundyBlog It has all the markings of achilles tendonosis. Prognosis is 100% recovery so long as it's given proper time to heal.

Chad Ryan ‏@ChadwikoRCC 17m17 minutes ago

From my Snapchat, #Redskins rookie WR Josh Doctson is in a boot today.

Rick Snider ‏@Snide_Remarks 12m12 minutes ago St Charles, MD

Don't care what anyone says - Doctson wearing a boot is a bad sign in the short term at least.

Sigh.  Not what I wanted to start my lunch break with.

EDIT:  Weird, there was no picture showing up when I first wrote this post.

HarryFoxSports LLC Retweeted

Remember rule 11

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 3m3 minutes ago

McC supposedly broke hand over "3 months" prognosis. Right now if you offered me Dox 100% in exactly 3 months, I'd take it quickly.

Archived