Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

I don't think we'll have a week spot on the entire team this year. You could say center or ss or ilb. But I think Lich, Bruton or Duke, and Compton and Spaight will all exceed expectations. I see a Lombardi in the near future. :)

I wouldn't go that far. Out DL is a real concern as well as RB

Also Kirk still needs to take a step

There are so many position groups where we will most likely cut a good player. TE WR CB maybe even OL

Can't remember ever seeing this as a Redskins fan. I am sipping the kool aid a bit. This is a very deep roster

It's a nice problem to have, but I don't envy Gruden having to make those tough decisions when the time comes.

Safeties: Blackmon, Bruton, Cravens (may be switched to LB), Everett, Hall, Ihenacho, Matias-Smith

Cornerbacks: Breeland, Carrington, Cooper, Dunbar, Fuller, Harris, Norman, Phillips, Toler

Likely cuts or p. squad: Matias-Smith, Carrington, Cooper, Harris

6 safeties left, 6 cornerbacks left. 

Looking at 5 safeties, 5-6 cornerbacks (especially given injuries there last year).

Everett may be out unless we designate Cravens as LBer. Then Phillips would be my guess as out at CB even though I've heard good things.

Final roster:

safety: Hall, Ihenacho, Bruton, Blackmon, Cravens

CB: Norman, Breeland, Fuller, Toler, Dunbar

Just my guess

I actually think our D line is going to be Beastly this season. Baker will get 10 sacks and be a pro bowler. Then the rotation of Golston, Paea, Reyes, Murphy, Ioannidis, and RJF will make a sold impact by pushing the pocket and shutting down the run. Kerrigan and Smith will be pro bowlers as well.

Jones and Marshall will be a lethal 1, 2 punch at RB.

The Superbowl asperatations hinge on how well captain Kirk plays. Hopefully he continues his play from late last season.

Safeties: Blackmon, Bruton, Cravens (may be switched to LB), Everett, Hall, Ihenacho, Matias-Smith

Cornerbacks: Breeland, Carrington, Cooper, Dunbar, Fuller, Harris, Norman, Phillips, Toler

Likely cuts or p. squad: Matias-Smith, Carrington, Cooper, Harris

6 safeties left, 6 cornerbacks left.

Looking at 5 safeties, 5-6 cornerbacks (especially given injuries there last year).

Everett may be out unless we designate Cravens as LBer. Then Phillips would be my guess as out at CB even though I've heard good things.

Final roster:

Just my guess

Good guess, but I hope we keep Phillips also.

Besides the altercation, how has Stephen Daniels looked thus far? He's one that I will be following throughout camp

I've been wondering that too. I haven't seen anything about him so far. But the ILB I'm most excited about has been laying the wood so far this camp and had a pick today. Hint, his name rhymes with great.

Zoony I am beginning to be very comfortable with who we have at RB.  Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Thompson gets the call with Jones second with Keith very close to him.  I can't wait to see them in preseason.

Besides the altercation, how has Stephen Daniels looked thus far? He's one that I will be following throughout camp 

Haven't heard much about him.

I have a feeling he is going to end up on the practice squad if the Redskins decide to keep him around.

Unless they think he can be a big help on special teams, which I believe he was very good at in college.

Final roster:

Just my guess

Everett will be the 5th safety. I agree with the rest for sure.

We're not looking deep at OLB, so I think Cravens gets stashed there.

ILB it's Compton, Riley, Foster as locks, with Cravens, Daniels (PS I guess) and Spaight, so maybe here.

OLB we only seem to have two and none of the back ups look good. Might be a place we do actually need a vet brought in.

Everett will be the 5th safety. I agree with the rest for sure.

We're not looking deep at OLB, so I think Cravens gets stashed there.

ILB it's Compton, Riley, Foster as locks, with Cravens, Daniels (PS I guess) and Spaight, so maybe here.

OLB we only seem to have two and none of the back ups look good. Might be a place we do actually need a vet brought in.

I'm thinking it's possible Riley gets released to have some money to sign a player that becomes available once the league wide cuts start. Maybe a solid rotational OLB becomes available. If not, I think Murphy can fill in as a solid backup DE/OLB.

I'm thinking it's possible Riley gets released to have some money to sign a player that becomes available once the league wide cuts start. Maybe a solid rotational OLB becomes available. If not, I think Murphy can fill in as a solid backup DE/OLB.

Idk, Gruden honestly seemed pumped to have Riley back. And he started getting rotated in with the 1's immediately. Think this is a case of a lot of fans writing off a guy too soon. I was one of those for sure.

Idk, Gruden honestly seemed pumped to have Riley back. And he started getting rotated in with the 1's immediately. Think this is a case of a lot of fans writing off a guy too soon. I was one of those for sure.

I think we all were, seeing his 5 mil tag, but he's our second best ILB and easily the best hammer when healthy. He didn't lose his job for performance last year. Playing next to a much more knowledgeable and improved Compton will help I bet and if he does falter, Foster is there anyway.

Maybe. Regardless of whether he stays or not I believe Spaight will be starting opposite Compton come midseason. We'll see.

we can sign a cut OLB anyway and Murphy is staying on the line.

Maybe. Regardless of whether he stays or not I believe Spaight will be starting opposite Compton come midseason. We'll see.

he's Compton's BU, so that would mean our best ILB is injured.

we can sign a cut OLB anyway and Murphy is staying on the line.

he's Compton's BU, so that would mean our best ILB is injured.[/quot/]

We could sign a better player if Riley is cut. If one becomes available. We don't have much cap space as of now do we?

And I believe Murphy can line up as an OLB in a pinch. He's better at that position even at 290 lbs than anyone on the roster not named Kerrigan or Smith.

He's Compton's backup until he becomes the starter opposite Compton. Spaight is too talented to be riding the pine. He's an intelligent, instinctive linebacker that raises the level of the play around him. When he makes a tackle he energizes his entire team and the fans. He'll be a leader and core Redskin for years to come.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 7m7 minutes ago

So I got pulled over by Richmond police after camp today! For driving with headphones on. No ticket though. Aussie charm pays off!

Junior Galette @JovaisG 32m32 minutes ago

Junior Galette Retweeted NFL Update

Arguably the fastest man in FOOTBALL and 1 on 1's in practice is not realistic but Desean looks as Fast As Ever

Junior Galette added,

proxy.jpg?t=HBilAWh0dHBzOi8vdi5jZG4udmlu

NFL Update @MySportsUpdate
Josh Norman got beat again at practice. @J_No24
45 retweets 47 likes

NFL Update @MySportsUpdate

Josh Norman got beat again at practice. @J_No24
45 retweets 47 likes

I wonder if that's what we sound like when we're hating?

I might just pull a Draymond Green if we shut down the Steelers.  I'm keeping a list of all these loser handles.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 1h1 hour ago

VIDEO RECAP - #Redskins Training Camp Day 5! Feat. RCC lightning round w/ @tress_way @NickSundberg @Dahop5 Watch:

DaCommish @skinsforce21 12m12 minutes ago

Co5SOEqUIAAGazz.jpg

Jason Pugh @JPughNBC4 12m12 minutes ago

The number one player the Redskins can't afford to loose to injury according to GM Scot McCloughlan

Dallas Cowboys @dallascowboys 2m2 minutes ago

Kellen Moore leaving the field with trainers.

Co5VYMvVIAAsuB3.jpg

Alex Parker @ParkerSports 4m4 minutes ago

Alex Parker Retweeted Michael Jaffe

Coincidence. Or not so much? #Redskins #HTTR

Alex Parker added,

Co5U4R8UEAAFlHi.jpg
Michael Jaffe @mjaffeumd
Coincidence? I think not. #Redskins troll RG3 by putting Kirk Cousins on season ticket to Oct. 2 game hosting Browns

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 7m7 minutes ago

Geez, is Chipotle usually this big? This is intense. Beer can and my non-Trump sized hand for scale.

Co5VNJRWIAA5qSi.jpg

HapExtremeskins @HapHaszard 44s45 seconds ago

@ChadwikoRCC You got the childs portion I see.

Archived