Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SWFL's Summer Camp: The official Twitter thread, RVA style, slip and slide included, boogers extra, Cheerleader=counselors

SWFLSkins

He's either struggling or he isn't and he is the highest paid corner in the league, so of course he's going to be talked about.

Well find out soon enough how good he is. Bash is probably going to have a better year than him statistically anyway. Hell, Fuller may come out better on paper.

He's top of the league. He makes everyone better on and off the field.

Let them talk.

He's either struggling or he isn't and he is the highest paid corner in the league, so of course he's going to be talked about.

Well find out soon enough how good he is. Bash is probably going to have a better year than him statistically anyway. Hell, Fuller may come out better on paper.

He's top of the league. He makes everyone better on and off the field.

Let them talk.

He's not struggling though.  That's the whole point.

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 8m8 minutes ago

Seeing Deangelo Hall and David Bruton stand next to each other is kinda ridiculous. Bruton looks huge

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 9m9 minutes ago

#Redskins coach Jay Gruden said he'd be "shocked" if Shawn Lauvao wasn't back today. He's not participating in walkthrough. Practice is at 3

Bud Light wants me to hype up these NFL-themed cans, so, uh, try to control yourselves:

CoyAPYWXYAEUais.jpg

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 12m12 minutes ago Richmond, VA

Riley and Compton are running with the 1's in the middle. #Redskins

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 13m13 minutes ago Richmond, VA

No Lauvao, yet. Long is still in at LG. #Redskins

Anthony Raposa @AnthonyRaposa 14m14 minutes ago Richmond, VA

Chris Thompson is out there with the 1's currently. #Redskins

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 16m16 minutes ago

Perry Riley now in getting snaps next to Compton

Neil Dalal @NeilDalal96 17m17 minutes ago

Neil Dalal Retweeted Paul Conner

After a strong OTA/mini-camp Lloyd Carrington is looking more like a practice squad hopeful for #Redskins

Neil Dalal added,

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr
Toler might be getting rewarded for strong showing so far as he's moved over to first field as extra guy with starters. Fuller here too

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC now

Again I stress: only walkthroughs, so take with grain of salt - LB Will Compton looks like he will rush the passer a bit more this year.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 7m7 minutes ago

Ty Nsekhe in at LT with Kirk and the 1s.

Williams is hanging back, smiling and chatting with Coach Callahan. #Redskins

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 4h4 hours ago

One training camp later, cornerback depth has gone from weakness to a strength. read it in BRBN

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 59s59 seconds ago

Special teams walk-through on both fields while Josh Norman is hanging out with officials. Good to have them on your side.

What's the story on Keith Marshall? I'm hearing he's getting reps with the 1's? Is he looking good?

I never understood why people didn't think he would. Dude has all the makings for a good back. It's going to come down to pass protection and ball security for him. 

Low round RBs can hit fairly often. 

Actually, if someone has time to kill... I'd love to see a comparison:

Bust rate of high rounds (1st, 2nd, 3rd) vs. Hit rate of 5th/6th/7th.

It'd be interesting to see. Obviously, the higher round players will have the better statistical comparison... My question is: How close will it be?

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 8m8 minutes ago

Now Callahan coaching up on differences between blocking a 1-tech DT and a 3-Tech

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 3m3 minutes ago

Spencer Long false starts after a late shift on defense. Defense starts yelling, "We got one! We got one!"

Diane Roberts @DianesTalking 44m44 minutes ago

Somebody's in #Richmond at #skinscamp! @wusa9

Cox-bGtWYAAayt4.jpg
Cox-bGtXgAAT2L-.jpg
Cox-bQPWEAArJiV.jpg
Cox-bUVW8AAh5A5.jpg

Diane Roberts @DianesTalking 37m37 minutes ago

Heeeeey! Which kind of #football is this? #futbol #soccer #SkinsCamp #teamfun @wusa9

For the life of me I don't understand how or why Robert Henson follows this team. He was here what felt like a century ago, and for a short amount of time.

Wasn't he the one who called us a bunch of McDonald's employees?

I remember after the draft the word on him seemed sour despite his nutty 40 time.  It'd be awesome if he was a hit somehow.

I've been keeping track of him as much as I can ( I was really happy we got him) and almost everything I've heard has been positive. He's looked good, had a couple of long TD runs and made people miss in the open field. The knock on him is being a little more patient in the hole and his Pass Pro needs some work. IMO if he stays healthy, he's gonna hit. And maybe hit big. Guy was one of the best RB's going into college and got buried in the Depth Chart because of injuries. I like his attitude a lot. Got his mom and dad something, and put the rest of his money in savings after getting drafted. Hasn't gotten a house yet, because "he needs to make the team first". Changed his Major in college after he got hurt to something "more difficult and useful" because he realized it (football) could be taken away (Business Major) in one play. Was up to 230 his Jr. year and decided he had to change his diet (is now around 220) and take care of his body more. He can really push M. Jones this year, and I think that Jones has really worked on being a better RB.

Fwiw...with regards to t/c, & players struggling narratives...

I was at Rams t/c yesterday, & they have a franchise CB who got absolutely burned in 1v1 drills a few times. Looked just fine in 11v11. On the other hand...they have some depth issues at CB....at least after their 2nd practice, with some vanilla defense.

Anywho...if there were any posted recordings of Trumaine Johnson getting torched by Tavon Austin, or Pharoah Cooper, i'm sure there would be a different narrative, no?

What I'm taking out of the whole Norman/Jackson thing is that DeSean is working harder to be a complete WR, probably for the first time. I've never heard anything about how "quick" he was until this year, just his blazing speed. And yeah, it's a contract year for him. But I think that Desean is really working on being a better all around receiver and is using all of his tools, maybe for the first time. He bulked up this year, to be able to take more hits and it looks like his route running is better than it ever has been. And this is coming from someone that really isn't a fan of his.

From DHall's interview

@Redskins back at Camp. @DeAngeloHall23 says this year's DB/Safeties, best group he's ever played with. @8NEWS

CoyUBcmXYAQlypT.jpg

Hall - When you're putting together practices like this, it's hard to trick the system. You have to grind.

Hall - I'm tired every day I come out here. Legs are getting heavy but this is training camp.

Hall - We suffered a lot of injuries last year. The more you can do the better. [On players who switched positions and versatility]

Hall - We get to talk to the refs after practice to kinda ask what we can/can't get away with on defense.

Hall calls Kendall Fuller a 1st round talent. Says he's cut from the same cloth as Kyshoen Jarrett. Calls them both "football players"

Hall - Playing receiver and DB in this league is night and day. He's been great. [On Dunbar]

"There's no doubt in my mind this is the most talented group I've ever been around." - DeAngelo Hall on the #Redskins secondary

Hall - Ihenacho hasn't missed a beat since injury. He's still flying around.

"He can bang like a linebacker, he can run like a safety." DeAngelo Hall likes what he sees in Su'a Cravens.

Norman getting beat by Jackson in practice is an absolute non story. It literally means nothing.

I remember a QB for NE named Brady who threw quite a few incomplete passes in TC against us. Nothing reveals a players ability than a few TC reps. No wonder he was a 6th round pick.

Archived