Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you support Hardy as a Redskin?

Renegade7

Greg Hardy a Redskin?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support the Redskins signing Greg Hardy?

• Yes
    • Hell No

The front office says a lot of things, and if you believe them, then we would have two completely different draft classes.

His name is on the table right now. You can hate him, love him, or quit being a Redskins fan because of it.

His name is still on the table until we figure out who is going to replace Galette

they play a different position

they play a different position

Position is a non-factor in this. Hardy was a DE in a 4-3 defense. Gallete was an OLB in a 3-4. The players in those positions are interchangeable. Examples: Andre Carter, Rob Jackson, Brian Orakpo, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, etc.

With all that being said, I say no to signing Hardy.

Position is a non-factor in this. Hardy was a DE in a 4-3 defense. Gallete was an OLB in a 3-4. The players in those positions are interchangeable. Examples: Andre Carter, Rob Jackson, Brian Orakpo, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, etc.

With all that being said, I say no to signing Hardy.

Sorry, have to disagree with you there. Andre Carter is a good example of why saying they are interchangeable is just not true. He was a beast in the 4-3 a DE. He left SF when they changed to a 3-4 because he knew he could not play OLB. We played a 4-3 when he got here and he played great. Then we switched to a 3-4 and his production fell way off and he can't cover. I give the guy credit for really trying, but he was a pure DE. Check his numbers and you will see.

Some guys have been able to make the transition - but not all. Orakpo never reached his potential and I believe at least part of it (besides the injuries) was he is better with his hands in the ground as a DE.

Freeney could play both but he is a freak of nature.

Sorry, have to disagree with you there. Andre Carter is a good example of why saying they are interchangeable is just not true. He was a beast in the 4-3 a DE. He left SF when they changed to a 3-4 because he knew he could not play OLB. We played a 4-3 when he got here and he played great. Then we switched to a 3-4 and his production fell way off and he can't cover. I give the guy credit for really trying, but he was a pure DE. Check his numbers and you will see.

Some guys have been able to make the transition - but not all. Orakpo never reached his potential and I believe at least part of it (besides the injuries) was he is better with his hands in the ground as a DE.

Freeney could play both but he is a freak of nature.

Fair point, but being at a different position doesn't mean he's incompatible, which Kool seemed to be implying. If the player has the ability, he can pull it off fairly well. Rob Jackson wasn't an amazing player, but he managed the change quite nicely. My main point is just that him being a DE in a 4-3 doesn't automatically mean he can't be an OLB in a 3-4. It's just one of many variables.

Fair point, but being at a different position doesn't mean he's incompatible, which Kool seemed to be implying. If the player has the ability, he can pull it off fairly well. Rob Jackson wasn't an amazing player, but he managed the change quite nicely. My main point is just that him being a DE in a 4-3 doesn't automatically mean he can't be an OLB in a 3-4. It's just one of many variables.

I agree it's possible he could switch. But I think kool's point was on top of being a POS we would be taking a chance on him making a position transition. He is pretty athletic but there are certainly no guarantees he could make the switch - just like we can't definitively say he could not make the change.

People, not just players, but people in general who have that mentality, that temperament, don't change.  Sorry, I call it like i see it. 

He MAY be on his best behavior for a few months, but players talk smack on the field all the time, and you know they will get down on him big time, and eventually he will snap. This team has finally gotten some publicity that is good; why throw it all away for this guy? +

We've been the doormat of this division for the most part of the last 20+ years but now we seem to have things going in the right direction; i'd prefer not throwing a monkey wrench into the machine thats beginning to operate like it should.

Did any of you guys feel a certain type of way when Scot said we were interested in Aldon Smith last season? 

If he can help the team, bring him in.  If not, no biggie.  That's pretty much my stance on it.  However, I think the negatives (from a team aspect) outweigh the positives. 

The NFL is full of guys with character flaws. If you feel like you've got a strong locker room, maybe you give it a shot. Sure Josh has some insight on it and I'm sure Baker can handle him if the need arises. I've got no problem with signing him at a cut rate. See if he can become a team player and resurrect his career.

No

Really doesn't have to just do with the nature of the incident. Its that after the fact, he seems like a sociopathic, lazy, all around unstable person.

And Nsekhe handled that ass on MNF. Im not really sure how good he really is. Never saw a ton of Panthers games while he was there, and with Dallas, he didn't look so tough.

Frankly, with the makeup of the guys on the squad, that would probably be a near impossible sell job for the players alone, let alone the fanbase, and team cohesion is something you do not want to screw with, especially when a guy thats been here for five minutes could be the one to grease the skids. Quick way to split a locker room

Archived