Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016-17 Washington Capitals Thread - Thanks for Everything, Ovi. It's Time to Move on.. #Firesale

DC9

22 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

He was literally the worst of the 7 defensemen this year. Chorney was better than Alzner.  I have never seen a defenseman fall off the cliff as quickly as Alzner did over an offseason. He was the best defenseman in the playoffs until he hurt his groin at the end of game 6, and he was a albatross for every partner he played with this season.  Brutal.  Abysmal.  Adam Archuleta with the Skins bad.

Is there anyone, or do we have the resources, to grab a top defenseman from Nashville or somewhere else? We tried to address defense, but Pitts breakaways were just way too easy.

I don't think it was coincidence that Alzner looked awful while Trotz let him play every game, protecting his iron man status, then looked refreshed and made a defensive difference after his 2 weeks of rest.. Trotz' philosophy burns players out and holds back any prospects from developing.

Guentzel.. lol  When was the last time the Caps had a rookie (or AHL callup) do ANYTHING in the playoffs, much less rack up 19 points and however many goals.. These teams with their AHL and rookies having playoff impact should have Trotz and GMBM having a serious discussion. (And Ted rethinking his hiring/firing decisions)

Great, no changes :rolleyes:. Seems like we want to just keep fans in the seats 40+ home games a year. 

"I don't think it makes sense in my mind just to blow it up or make a major change," MacLellan said. "It's a lot easier to make this team worse than it is better." - Brian MacLellan

I thought we had a two year window? We can hope Trotz gets fired in the middle of the season and we get a boost like so many other teams do. 

4 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

Great, no changes :rolleyes:. Seems like we want to just keep fans in the seats 40+ home games a year. 

I thought we had a two year window? We can hope Trotz gets fired in the middle of the season and we get a boost like so many other teams do. 

We tried that when we fired Boudreau and hired Hunter and still lost in the 2nd round.

Nothing this team does actually ever works.

Oh look, now Nashville's found their rookie with 9 games to his career, who's potted both SCF game winners for his team.. #FML

It's too bad we'll probably "have" to field a couple youngsters next season, but they'll have all year to learn how to play passive, no chip, no greed hockey from our core group of super studs duds. :wacko:

Rinne also putting on a goaltenders clinic in his house! Hope they carry that confidence back to Schitzylvania.. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Its nice to see a team in the Predators actually play well in front of a raucus crowd. Its a shame, they really should be up 3-1 in the series, but the Pens find ways to pull games out of their ass.

Im impressed with their "crowd".. You wouldn't think that was a hockey town, but their fans are completely fired up and in tune! The chants are awesome! Good on them, their team is responding!

5 hours ago, GoDeep81 said:

Im impressed with their "crowd".. You wouldn't think that was a hockey town, but their fans are completely fired up and in tune! The chants are awesome! Good on them, their team is responding!

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Jelly of a Murray chant last night.  Thought it was awesome.

Sorry if I wanna cry...I lost my team...in a bigger city than Nashville.  But by God, I'm on their side now. 

We do the "It's all your fault!" here at Gladiators games, but nothing like Preds fans.  Kudos to them!...and of course, Nashville is in tune!  Keith and Carrie are always there!

Pretty much the only reason I wanted Nashville to win is cause my brother recently moved to Nashville from Pittsburgh with his girlfriend, so i thought that would have been cool to see them win in the year they moved there. 

He works in a bar downtown on Broadway though, and he had to work in Pittsburgh in a bar the night the Penguins won last year, so he was kinda hoping Nashville would lose tonight, since it's his birthday and he's working and didn't want to deal with the rowdy Nashville fans flipping over cars and **** after winning the Stanley cup ??

I don't really care for hockey...

but **** Sidney Crosby.  I don't have to watch 30 seconds of a game to look at that guy and know he's just a whiny crybaby ****.  And while I don't watch the games or pay close attention, I know it's part of my DC sports fan DNA to hate the Pittsburgh Penguins going back to the day of Lemeiux and Jagr (before he came here and **** the bed).  

Hate seeing him lift that damn Cup.  

I think the problem is that a lot of people are just bandwagoning on Pittsburgh. As someone who posts on HFBoards and knows a lot of Pittsburgh people, at least 3 of them which I interact with regularly have NO real life association with the city. One of them literally lives in WESTERN OHIO. He's closer to Columbus than Pittsburgh. Another is some Canadian and another is some Brit who just hopped on the Pittsburgh bandwagon because the Penguins won the Stanley Cup. It is truly sad to see but whatever. 

Now, two of those guys are just reprehensible people (one actually posts on Reddit and you might know him but for his safety I won't reveal his user name) but generally the Penguins fans I see in person are pretty cool. Most of the Penguins fans online who brigade subs like you all did during the Pens - Caps series are NOT COOL. And the Penguins fans on HFBoards are okay but can get a tad annoying as I mentioned before. 

Archived