Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

On a separate note. 

Within 2 miles of our house 7 new electric car charges are being installed. 4 Tesla Superchargers at a Wawa and 3 Electrify America (I think) at a public park. Kind of interesting, the only other chargers within that area are at the high school and the MTA EZ Pass building, made up 4 chargers. 

I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I thought that was interesting, we live near the Bay Bridge on the western shore. 

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, tshile said:

So does the Hyundai/Kia thing, but that one’s true. 

I have no idea if it’s true. I was just laughing at how she discounted it, I’m not convinced she even read the article 😂 

I did not read the article, because I know how Tesla authentication works with phones. So his phone did not unlock the Tesla, even if the nfc key somehow managed to do it. Bluetooth key are unique to the device they were made on, separate from the nfc key. Even if the NFC key was the same for both cars, the Bluetooth key would be different.

Its much more likely that the guy left his phone (or a different phone set up as a key) in his car which meant the car wasnt locked than if is two separate phones created the same hash.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

21 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Tesla owners are funny. Must be tough having to rationalize purchasing such a terrible product. 🤪

Car is amazing. Best one I’ve ever owned. 

The fact that it is an ev with an easy to use charging network is a big part of that. But I also love the dash less interior, the comfort of the seats, the large central screen and the glass roof. And it has the best stock-stereo of any production car.

of course there are a lot of people who hate the seats and lack of dash. 

so I guess it’s personal preference. I would seriously consider an id3, if the charging network gets figured out. I havnt seen inside of one, but the outside looks a lot better in person than they do in photos.

I 100 percent will never buy a gas car again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 2:13 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Car is amazing. Best one I’ve ever owned. 

The fact that it is an ev with an easy to use charging network is a big part of that. But I also love the dash less interior, the comfort of the seats, the large central screen and the glass roof. And it has the best stock-stereo of any production car.

of course there are a lot of people who hate the seats and lack of dash. 

so I guess it’s personal preference. I would seriously consider an id3, if the charging network gets figured out. I havnt seen inside of one, but the outside looks a lot better in person than they do in photos.

I 100 percent will never buy a gas car again.

I wanted an EV6 but the network swayed me too the Tesla. 

What I really wanted was ford lighting but no availability and no network. 

• Thumb up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sales have surged as well. So it’s not at all surprising that crashes have increased. And people die in cars every day. And in motorcycles even more. Death happens. It happens less in Tesla vehicles with autopilot enabled, per mile.

However, I will support what ever nhtsa decides. They are rational and see the ultimate benefit of self driving cars so I have little doubt whatever safety features or limitations they place on the program will be fair and necessary. The better driving assistance gets the more dangerous it is.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Again, just a gentle reminder to my fellow tailgaters that, if you wish to own an electric vehicle, you currently have a myriad of choices and brands in various price ranges and body styles.  Happy shopping!

But the fuel, velocity, and oxygen readings on the dashboard in my SpaceX rocket is reliable? Right?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Tesla years ago began exaggerating its vehicles’ potential driving distance – by rigging their range-estimating software. The company decided about a decade ago, for marketing purposes, to write algorithms for its range meter that would show drivers “rosy” projections for the distance it could travel on a full battery, according to a person familiar with an early design of the software for its in-dash readouts.

Then, when the battery fell below 50% of its maximum charge, the algorithm would show drivers more realistic projections for their remaining driving range, this person said. To prevent drivers from getting stranded as their predicted range started declining more quickly, Teslas were designed with a “safety buffer,” allowing about 15 miles (24 km) of additional range even after the dash readout showed an empty battery, the source said.

That seems to be how most ICE fuel gauges work as well. The EPA estimates are still the EPA estimates. 

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

I'm really debating to buy one now after i sat in my friend's car.  It just looks so nice and easy

You should 100 percent buy an EV.

Teslas are nice and easy. I would highly recommend them. In my five years of ownership the only maintenance expenses I have had is $200 for new air filters installed by tesla mobile service twice and then a new set of tires ~600. I had two warrantee issues (FM radio stopped working and I had a door paint issue on my second car) both were resolved quickly.

I would say if you aren’t buying a Tesla wait until next year. Several major manufactures have said the are adapting Teslas charging connector as standard and it will be much easier to use super chargers without adapters.