Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The huge price cut probably signals that Tesla is currently in some deep financial 💩, right? 

I think it has more to do with making sure they qualify for the EV tax credit. Tesla has an above-industry average margin on their cars so there is more room to cut prices.

Demand softening may also be a reason.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

21 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Yes. 

But who cares about ripping rich people off. No one made them buy it. Ty daddy Biden for limiting 55k limit for sedans and classify Y as a sedan. It forced Teslas hand. 

The Model S price dropped from 104K to 94K and prices were slashed in China by 20%…so I don’t think “daddy Biden” was much of a factor.

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The Model S price dropped from 104K to 94K and prices were slashed in China by 20%…so I don’t think “daddy Biden” was much of a factor.

China competitive EV market forced teslas hand over there quicker.

But atlas that’s less than a 10% difference in China. 20% different in the states with an initial lower price is a bigger deal. 

primary factor is demand, but I do think the EV tax credit not being applicable to most Tesla cars was also a factor 

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

But wait, there’s more…

Recently rented a car for a trip. (Mine was in the shop). When I went to pick up the car, the agent asked me if I'd like to have a Tesla instead of the mid size I'd reserved. Same price. 

I was curious, but didn't. Wasn't sure if the range was good, for the trip I was making. 

And it was a one-way rental. (Drop off at another location). Wonder if they were trying to send the car to somebody else. 

Does anyone with a Tesla know of autopilot turns on turn indicators for you when it makes a turn? I’m not 100 percent sure but a guy in a Tesla took a left hand turn in front of me at a stop sign and he had his right hand up in the air like he was letting the car steer itself and he wanted control in case something happened. Only problem is he did not indicate he was making a left hand turn. 

On 1/13/2023 at 1:15 PM, TradeTheBeal! said:

But wait, there’s more…

This is, of course, bull****. Hertz is expanding its EV rental program…

https://www.businessobserverfl.com/news/2022/apr/04/hertz-expands-ev-program-with-agreement-to-buy-65-000-vehicles-from-polestar/?amp

obviously the Tesla EVs were well received. If not, they would have just stuck to ice vehicles.

id suggest what you are seeing is hertz/Uber fleet expansion.

54 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Does anyone with a Tesla know of autopilot turns on turn indicators for you when it makes a turn? I’m not 100 percent sure but a guy in a Tesla took a left hand turn in front of me at a stop sign and he had his right hand up in the air like he was letting the car steer itself and he wanted control in case something happened. Only problem is he did not indicate he was making a left hand turn. 

Yes, it does. You do not take your hands off the steering wheel when using auto pilot.

Also, unless he has fsd beta (which less than 20 percent of the Tesla fleet has), (separate from the production release navigate on autopilot), the car will not make turns by itself, only lane changes.

On 1/13/2023 at 2:37 PM, Larry said:

Recently rented a car for a trip. (Mine was in the shop). When I went to pick up the car, the agent asked me if I'd like to have a Tesla instead of the mid size I'd reserved. Same price. 

I was curious, but didn't. Wasn't sure if the range was good, for the trip I was making. 

And it was a one-way rental. (Drop off at another location). Wonder if they were trying to send the car to somebody else. 

How far were you going? Anything under 275ish miles you would have been fine. (I can get 300 with mine but always add a safety margin) Also you could have charged for like 15-20 minutes and increased that range to 450 miles. 

of course, not sure what version of the model 3 hertz has. The cheapest version only gets 200 miles of range…0

I don’t think I’d want my first ev experience to be a long road trip, becuase long road trips do take just a little planning (than can be done from the car, but you have to be familiar with how everything works/get used to the car first).

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Yes, that is true, but also known since 2018.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

51 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

This is, of course, bull****. Hertz is expanding its EV rental program…

https://www.businessobserverfl.com/news/2022/apr/04/hertz-expands-ev-program-with-agreement-to-buy-65-000-vehicles-from-polestar/?amp

obviously the Tesla EVs were well received. If not, they would have just stuck to ice vehicles.

id suggest what you are seeing is hertz/Uber fleet expansion.

Yes, it does. You do not take your hands off the steering wheel when using auto pilot.

Also, unless he has fsd beta (which less than 20 percent of the Tesla fleet has), (separate from the production release navigate on autopilot), the car will not make turns by itself, only lane changes.

Cool. So just another asshat that doesn’t use a blinker.

• 2 weeks later...