Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Just wait. Every manufacturer is coming out with EVs. You’ll have plenty choices.

Tesla really needs to redesign their cars. Most manufacturers redesign every 5-6 years.

They just completely updated the model s/x. As far as updating design what would you change about the model 3/y? I say don’t mess with perfection. Some people have said they want a HUD or gage panel behind the steering wheel, so maybe they could add that as an option but I like the minimalist approach. 

They have added heating steering wheels, laminate glass (to lower road noise), matrix led headlights, and changed from USB-A style to USB-C style charging ports, as well as a few other changes incrementally that I am missing.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t think that is what you were pointing out. Your link says Asian brands. They were wrong right off the bat. Makes me wonder what else they are wrong about/who is paying them….

Sorry I don't understand you. In my link the article says (translated) "Tesla is the least reliable car brand". I said according to their datas asian cars are the most reliable cars.

Tesla to absent after-sales subscribers (G. translated)

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2022-us-initial-quality-study-iqs

"Tesla Motors officially included for the first time: Tesla Motors is included in the industry calculation for the first time, with a score of 226 PP100. However, because Tesla Motors does not allow J.D. Power access to owner information in the states where that permission is required by law, Tesla vehicles remain ineligible for award"

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Sorry I don't understand you. In my link the article says (translated) "Tesla is the least reliable car brand". I said according to their datas asian cars are the most reliable cars.

Tesla to absent after-sales subscribers (G. translated)

https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2022-us-initial-quality-study-iqs

"Tesla Motors officially included for the first time: Tesla Motors is included in the industry calculation for the first time, with a score of 226 PP100. However, because Tesla Motors does not allow J.D. Power access to owner information in the states where that permission is required by law, Tesla vehicles remain ineligible for award"

I read your link wrong.

Tesla’s overall score of 40 still puts it above the average EV score of 34. The most frequent problems among electric vehicles usually have to do with their battery pack, charging system and drive motors.

https://insideevs.com/news/622136/tesla-consumer-reports-reliability-2022/amp/

All this is why Tesla desperately needs a new CEO. Someone more focused on things like redesign, product improvement and not giving a **** about the dumbass cyber truck and needing **** to look "futuristic". The lack of a pick up truck is one of Tesla's biggest failures. They should've had one out 3 years ago. Easily could've had a small pickup and even made it somewhat unique looking. Wasting time with the ****ing robotaxi. 

https://electrek.co/2022/12/01/tesla-chief-designer-cybertruck-teases-upcoming-new-ev/

von Holzhausen was asked about his favorite design at Tesla so far, and the designer said that it is “the one that’s coming,” but one that he “can’t talk about.”

The next vehicle that Tesla is expected to unveil is its “robotaxi,” a new EV dedicated to self-driving and being used primarily as some kind of driverless Uber.

Not much else is known about the vehicle, but CEO Elon Musk said that it will be “futuristic-looking.”

von Holzhausen also said that he is excited about the Cybertruck’s radical design being on the road as it should create some interesting visuals. Tesla is expected to bring the Cybertruck to production in mid-2023.

21 minutes ago, Hersh said:

All this is why Tesla desperately needs a new CEO. Someone more focused on things like redesign, product improvement and not giving a **** about the dumbass cyber truck and needing **** to look "futuristic". The lack of a pick up truck is one of Tesla's biggest failures. They should've had one out 3 years ago. Easily could've had a small pickup and even made it somewhat unique looking. Wasting time with the ****ing robotaxi. 

https://electrek.co/2022/12/01/tesla-chief-designer-cybertruck-teases-upcoming-new-ev/

Tesla is still supply constrained; there is more demand for their cars than they can supply, which is part of the reason used Tesla prices are so high. Maybe once they expand to appoint where they aren’t supply constrained they will focus on mass market demand like you are suggesting.

What Tesla is doing tonight is why I’m a fan and will remain one despite Musk being a dip****. They are having their Semi-truck launch and this is what people loved about this company. Love this product and hope it’s extremely successful 

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Tesla is still supply constrained; there is more demand for their cars than they can supply, which is part of the reason used Tesla prices are so high. Maybe once they expand to appoint where they aren’t supply constrained they will focus on mass market demand like you are suggesting.

it’s not that tough to put out designs for a simple pickup truck. 

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

it’s not that tough to put out designs for a simple pickup truck. 

I know, but they didn’t. You should be asking why.

It isn’t because Musk demanded plans for a metal Dorito. Not you specifically, but people who claim Musk isn’t responsible for his companies success while also blaim him for all their failures are incredulous.

I think it could because they aren’t interested in competing with the f150 and a standard shaped pick up truck isn’t an efficient design for a low drag coefficient.

It could also have been a marketing ploy with no plans to actually deliver the truck. It’s been 3-4 years and it is still vaporware. But it did generate tons of plublicity for the model y which launched right after Cybertruck was announced.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I know, but they didn’t. You should be asking why.

It isn’t because Musk demanded plans for a metal Dorito. Not you specifically, but people who claim Musk isn’t responsible for his companies success while also blaim him for all their failures are incredulous.

I think it could because they aren’t interested in competing with the f150 and a standard shaped pick up truck isn’t an efficient design for a low drag coefficient.

It could also have been a marketing ploy with no plans to actually deliver the truck. It’s been 3-4 years and it is still vaporware. But it did generate tons of plublicity for the model y which launched right after Cybertruck was announced.

I credit Musk with the success of the company. It's just my feeling that they didn't go the standard pickup route because it is boring to them. I don't think they needed to compete with the F-150. Make a smaller pickup. In general, all auto-companies are going in the wrong direction with these giant vehicles. It's terrible for pedestrians, bikers, roads, the planet. I just believe Tesla is uniquely positioned to combat that market and trend if they wanted to. 

I am really excited about their semi program. The more EV semis on the road, the better. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tesla Brings Back 'Boring' Round Steering Wheel Elon Nixed

Tesla has come full circle with its new steering wheel, much to Elon Musk’s chagrin.

The electric car company has begun allowing Model X and Model S customers to choose a traditional round steering wheel instead of a yoke steering wheel on its website, according to Electrek, which spotted the new option on Thursday. In 2021, Musk refused to offer a round steering wheel option because the yoke, similar to those used in race cars or planes and closer in form to two horizontal handles than a wheel, simply looked “way better,” he said.

However, it appears that having Tesla’s stock in the toilet and customer discontent will make even the owner of Twitter change his mind.

The company is also offering an olive branch to folks who bought the redesigned cars and were unhappy with the steering yoke. Beginning in March 2023, it will allow Model X and Model S owners to purchase a $700 wheel retrofit to replace their steering yoke with a round wheel.

Click on the link for the full article

On 1/6/2023 at 8:23 PM, China said:

Tesla has come full circle with its new steering wheel, much to Elon Musk’s chagrin.

KITT didn't have a steering wheel. 

Edited by Larry

35 minutes ago, Larry said:

KITT didn't have a steering wheel. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Was waiting for this

I wonder if he’s kicking himself for scorning those that want electric cars in favor for those that think electric cars are inherently bad.

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The price also went up by about the same amount over the past year…

With the EV credit. Good time to buy. 

as I said before I like Tesla cars but they had got way too overpriced. Debating a model 3 P or a y

• Thumb up 1