Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

I like how it says with new side mirror design.  It better have fantastic side mirrors, because it doesn't look like you can see out of the back of it.  Sort of like a Lambo, fine as long as you never have to back up (and no, cameras alone will not suffice).

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Already got my deposit in. Can’t wait. 

34 minutes ago, China said:

I like how it says with new side mirror design.  It better have fantastic side mirrors, because it doesn't look like you can see out of the back of it.  Sort of like a Lambo, fine as long as you never have to back up (and no, cameras alone will not suffice).

It has cameras for that that work as a rear view mirror. Teslas also have side view cameras that pop up when your turn signal is on but nhtsa still requires physical mirrors. I do not use the mirrors on my Tesla because the cameras work better.

A few years ago Tesla and other manufacturers were trying to change that, but no dice.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

36 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Last year. 🤭

MX30 range is lacking bigly tho.

Can you buy in in the United States?

*yes you can

33000-7500 rebate = 25500 for an ev which is by far the cheapest option. But it depends on if there were dealership “market adjustments”

100 miles of range is plenty for more city drivers, depending on how close to 100 you actually get..

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yes. Could even have one delivered to ones house in 12 days by them carvana jabronis.

Carvana MX-30

For some reason I thought carvana was going under? Probably thinking of one of their competitors. 

Yea, just a lot of evs you can’t buy in the US yet, they for European markets so wasn’t sure.

Also, diss on Cybertruck if you want, but it has 12 more inches of bed space compared to its largest competitor f150 (6.5’ vs 5.5’

here is the Cybertruck carrying tires…

image.thumb.jpeg.3dff6ad87e3fe890d15d8dd275d0eb77.jpeg

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yes. Could even have one delivered to ones house in 12 days by them carvana jabronis.

Carvana MX-30

For some reason I thought carvana was going under? Probably thinking of one of their competitors. 

The MX30 is perfectly cromulent for SoCal urban denizens and, yes…Carvana is a dead man walking.  Unless Elon decides to buy it and infuse it with liquidity.

27 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3dff6ad87e3fe890d15d8dd275d0eb77.jpeg

It looks like a fat toddler with a massive dump in its diaper.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

The MX30 is perfectly cromulent for SoCal urban denizens and, yes…

It only needs like 20 more miles of range for the likes of me. My folks house is really the furthest I drive regularly. It's almost exactly 100 miles away. 🤣

For me the only thing really holding me back from getting an ev is where to charge the thing. You folks with home garages don't know just how good y'all have it. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

100 Mike range. No thanks. 

Meh. If there were plenty of roadside charging stations it really wouldn't be an issue even here in central NC. Still could be in the mountains in 3 hours or the beach in 3 n half hours since charging should only take about 30 minutes. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Captain Wiggles

38 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

It only needs like 20 more miles of range for the likes of me. My folks house is really the furthest I drive regularly. It's almost exactly 100 miles away. 🤣

For me the only thing really holding me back from getting an ev is where to charge the thing. You folks with home garages don't know just how good y'all have it. 

Meh. If there were plenty of roadside charging stations it really wouldn't be an issue even here in central NC. Still could be in the mountains in 3 hours or the beach in 3 n half hours since charging should only take about 30 minutes. 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn’t take a 100 mile range car on a road trip. You only get fast charging at the bottom 60 percent of your batteries capacity. On a car with 350 miles of range that’s 200 miles in about 20 minutes,  but with the mazda it would only be 60 miles to get the full range you’d have to fully charge. 

it takes about 20 minutes to go from zero to 60 percent, 20 minutes to go from 60 to 80 percent and then 60 minutes to go from 80 to 100 percent. Charge curves can vary among manufactures, but at the end of the day a lithium battery is a lithium battery.

The trick is to not charge to 100 percent. Hard to do in a 100 mile car, unless you can do if overnight. 

The other thing to consider about a car with a smaller battery pack is that constantly charging to 100 percent and discharging to near zero percent will significantly shorten the life of the battery. You ideally want to keep the capacity at around 50 percent for maximum life of the battery, which is posible with a large pack as a daily driver (charge to 60, drain to 40 is what I do) but with so little capacity to work with you really can’t. Though I guess pack replacement should be cheaper….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I drive to my moms every 2 weeks or so. 300 miles 1 way. When I had the tessy it was a 30 min charge half way. No problem. 

with 100 miles that **** going to take like an extra 2 hours 1 way. 

CC84 knows what I’m talking about. Also to be fair. I wouldn’t drive 500 miles with a Tesla either. It’s going to take forever. 

• Thumb up 1