Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

Tesla is sending untrained employees to work on cars as service becomes problematic

Tesla is sending some of its employees who are not in service and are untrained to work on cars into service centers to fix vehicles. It looks like Tesla’s service issues are bigger than we thought.

Earlier this month, we reported on CEO Elon Musk’s announcement that Tesla is working on service in North America and how Telsa is aiming to make the majority of appointments same-day repairs. As we noted, it is much needed since Tesla’s customer fleet is growing much faster than its service infrastructure.

Last week, the CEO also held a companywide meeting at Tesla where he said that the automaker wants to ‘revolutionize’ service with bigger centers and more specialization.

Musk made it sound like the company was mostly engaging in an effort to revamp its service division, but we now learn that there are more serious issues with service short-term that Tesla is trying to address.

Sources familiar with the matter told Electrek that Musk has strongly communicated internally that he is unhappy with the state of Tesla’s service and he is making it a top priority.

It is so much of a priority that Musk has canceled sales and delivery targets for the quarter and pulled employees from those teams to work on service. The result is that sales employees, entry-level workers or managers, who have no training in servicing cars, are finding themselves in service centers working on vehicles.

To be fair, they are focusing on easier tasks, like changing tires, but it is still an extreme solution that points to a more extreme problem with Tesla’s service.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Everything is fine at Tesla. Elon is on it. It's not like problems are starting to pile up, problems that shouldn't be occurring. 

Those problems have been going on for quite a while at Tesla and aren’t hurting sales or demand for Tesla vehicles, at all.

the only difference between now and two years ago is that Elon pissed off the media and now they are reporting it.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Those problems have been going on for quite a while at Tesla and aren’t hurting sales or demand for Tesla vehicles, at all.

the only difference between now and two years ago is that Elon pissed off the media and now they are reporting it.

Your defense is "those problems have been going on for quite a while" and you still think it's fine. That's actually an argument for change. 

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You mentioned a nice Chinese ev; I thought you were talking about xpeng

Oh Sorry I guess it wasn't clear because it wasn't in quotes. I overheard a guy at the Chicago Auto Show telling his friend that Tesla was a Chinese brand. This was 10 years ago before Tesla was a household name. 

• Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whole Mars is a Tesla shill, so I you consider me a Tesla shill, multiply that by 1000 and you have Whole Mars. He’s believed level five full self driving was just a year away for the past five years now…

I think he was trying to be funny. Seems like a good way to get kicked out of FSD beta to me!

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

I was on 66 going to Mannassassas about an hour ago when I watched a white model s REVERSING in the right lane. Not the shoulder. This was a 55+ mile an hour lane with plenty of traffic. Un ****ing believable. Person I came out here to meet said he see that **** all the time from Tesla drivers. 

13 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I was on 66 going to Mannassassas about an hour ago when I watched a white model s REVERSING in the right lane. Not the shoulder. This was a 55+ mile an hour lane with plenty of traffic. Un ****ing believable. Person I came out here to meet said he see that **** all the time from Tesla drivers. 

I mean, the rear/side view camera on that 17” screen is pretty nice…

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Tesl drivers probably are bad drivers…. Which is why a car that will supposedly eventually drive itself is so appealing.

I don’t think they’re necessarily bad drivers more so than any other brand. But I do believe this so called “autopilot” gives them a sense of invincibility that’s just not there.