Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

5 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

image.jpeg.17af27aa56cd337758870fd608ed76c3.jpeg

looks like a Land Rover to me which is was my “dream car” before I found Tesla. I don’t think if it’s ugly.

maybe you are thinking of lucid, they make ugly evs..

It looks kinda like Kirby Mouthful mode.

Rivian-Mouthful.png

• Haha 7

37 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

I canceled my Cyber truck reservation this morning. I’m looking at the Lightning now, since Ford actually delivered one. 

You can’t get a lightning for a long time. Which one did you get? I would want to get the lariat but 90K seems like a lot.

I wouldn’t have canceled the reservation for the Cybertruck. Depending on when you made the reservation if you are one of the earlier deliveries you could either sell the reservation for several thousand $$ or the actual truck for over MSRP…

many people are doing it now with my and m3 reservations.  My car which I paid 55k for in 2020 is worth 45k to car max today.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

You can’t get a lightning for a long time. Which one did you get? I would want to get the lariat but 90K seems like a lot.

I wouldn’t have canceled the reservation for the Cybertruck. Depending on when you made the reservation if you are one of the earlier deliveries you could either sell the reservation for several thousand $$ or the actual truck for over MSRP…

many people are doing it now with my and m3 reservations.  My car which I paid 55k for in 2020 is worth 45k to car max today.

I had the dual motor reservation for the Tesla. I’m looking at the XLT extended range with the tow package. 

I honestly don’t think they are going to deliver a Cyber Truck in the next two years. I may be wrong, but based on what I see and read I don’t think I am. 

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I put 20k plus miles on my model y. Sold it for 60k

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

The profit. Loved the car but whatever. 

Ah, yeah. I guess you can always get a new one with the newer features when the supply chain issues relax.

21 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

If ever. 🤭

They will definitely deliver it at some point. I’ll put a $100 bet that the first cybertruck will be delivered prior to Jan 1, 2024.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Well, just based on the headline he is definitely doing it wrong.

I can’t read the article so I can’t get all the details, but I believe most EVs have access to the fast dc charging. 

You can plan the EV route from two places using A Better Route Planner.

Here is the result for the smallest battery compacity (lowest range) model 3 rwd.

https://abetterrouteplanner.com?plan_uuid=dad435a1-30e0-4183-8d05-afc3b242fe8b

You drive for 15 hours, charge for 2hrs. Also, you should be charging while you are sleeping at level 2 chargers.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:53 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

As EVs become more prevalent; the infrastructure to charge all those evs will expand.

ElectrifyAmerica is the major alternative to superchargers for non-Tesla evs and they are wide spread aswel. The main difference is that ElectrifyAmerica charged about double Tesla does, but that is there only business. The EA chargers are smaller (like four stations instead of 8+) but look nice.

Here it is for the base Honda Ionic 5

https://abetterrouteplanner.com?plan_uuid=a7a4dd97-4e47-4de6-8e3f-0046dd70ca1b

you drive for 16:30hrs (have to drive a little out of the way) and charge for about 2hrs.

For reference, google maps says it takes just under 15 hours to make the trip, not counting the time it takes to get gas or bathroom breaks you’d do anyway song then way.

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

ElectrifyAmerica is the major alternative to superchargers for non-Tesla evs and they are wide spread aswel. The main difference is that ElectrifyAmerica charged about double Tesla does, but that is there only business. The EA chargers are smaller (like four stations instead of 8+) but look nice.

Here it is for the base Honda Ionic 5

https://abetterrouteplanner.com?plan_uuid=a7a4dd97-4e47-4de6-8e3f-0046dd70ca1b

you drive for 16:30hrs (have to drive a little out of the way) and charge for about 2hrs.

For reference, google maps says it takes just under 15 hours to make the trip, not counting the time it takes to get gas or bathroom breaks you’d do anyway song then way.

From all the reviews I’ve read electricafy America sucks and it’s way buggier than Tesla super chargers.  

I put 20k on my old Tesla in less than 6 months. I didn’t have a single issue charging. I charged at home and at work for free. When I did you use the Tesla supercharger I never ran into any issues. I did see people waiting for chargers a few times but thankfully I didn’t. 

the longest trip I did is from north bay, Napa area to SD. Around 600 miles 1 way. I left with a full charge and ended up charging 4 times. The charging did add up and added at least 2 hrs to my trip but I didn’t mind it too much because I was on vacation. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

From all the reviews I’ve read electricafy America sucks and it’s way buggier than Tesla super chargers.  

I put 20k on my old Tesla in less than 6 months. I didn’t have a single issue charging. I charged at home and at work for free. When I did you use the Tesla supercharger I never ran into any issues. I did see people waiting for chargers a few times but thankfully I didn’t. 

the longest trip I did is from north bay, Napa area to SD. Around 600 miles 1 way. I left with a full charge and ended up charging 4 times. The charging did add up and added at least 2 hrs to my trip but I didn’t mind it too much because I was on vacation. 

I’ve never used EA (why would I) so I’m not sure. I know GM had to develop them as punishment at first so maybe they weren’t as motivated as they could be to deliver a good product. 

44 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I know GM had to develop them as punishment at first so maybe they weren’t as motivated as they could be to deliver a good product. 

Electrify America was part of the VW dieselgate settlement. They are a subsidiary of VW not GM. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Knew it was something like that. Thought it was an American car company for some reason.

It's all VW, it was part of the settlement agreement with the DOJ. They had to invest some very large dollar value into the EV charging network in the US along with the monetary fine.