Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Autopilot doesn’t drive in reverse 🤨

Yes I understand. I didn't say it does. You seem to have a habit of taking what I've said in other posts and using it to respond to a separate but related post. 

I'm not just talking about the crazy person going in reverse, but as my post that you quoted implies, tesla owners in general.

It's not a rule for me. My cousin owns a Tesla and he's a great driver who has taken advanced driving classes including defensive and instructional race driving. I think there are plenty of responsible Tesla drivers. But I do think the technology is giving some a false sense of security. I don't know that is the case for the lunatic I saw but I wouldn't be surprised. 

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Yes I understand. I didn't say it does. You seem to have a habit of taking what I've said in other posts and using it to respond to a separate but related post. 

Ok. I’m unsure how having a sense of invincibility (which using autopilot certainly doesn’t give you, but moving on) encourages a Tesla driver to drive backwards.

It seems like you didn’t mean for your posts to follow one another logically, so I gues I shouldn’t have tried to comment on something you said in a previous post. But I thought your second post was related to your first post, as that’s what I would logically expect.

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is no way for Tesla autopilot to accelerate from 0-60 in a parking garage: People made the same claim about the two guys who were burned up in their Tesla after it accelerated at a high rate of speed and ran off the road getting wedged between two trees,  turns out the guys were drunk and were operating the controls…. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

Sorta like Tesla's stock, it's a user error causing the crash. I don't know if shareholders can sue the board for not replacing Musk, but I'm ready for that to happen. 

Most of the stockholders in Tesla still support Musk. Most of the reason Tesla is down have to do with lockdowns in China. Though now that Tesla stock is so low in price I suppose an activist investor attempt to buy enough shares to get access to the board and attempt to force Musk out. Seems unlikely to me though.

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Brand loyalty is so high because the cars are that good.

But now that other brands are starting to copy what was ground breaking design and expand their EV offerings Tesla has some work to do.

Eh. I think they still are the best EV cars on the market due to charging network. BUT they are nowhere near as great as they were 2 years ago. 

First reason, they use to be a legit bargain. Like 2020 a model y LR was below 55k with radar. A brand new model y LR is like 66k or something and they removed radar. Radar-less cars do have way more occurrences of phantom breaking. And the price increase goes for all their trims. 

If you order a new 3 or Y, regardless of trim, they no longer come with ultrasonic rear sensors either. Which is just bull****. Car is 10k more and they removed functionality. For the price point, you should be able to get ultrasonic sensors. This is old reliable technology that was replaced just to save money. There is currently no fix for this, vision is suppose replace but it hasn’t yet. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Eh. I think they still are the best EV cars on the market due to charging network. BUT they are nowhere near as great as they were 2 years ago. 

Two years ago they were the only serious option… other manufacturers had offerings but you couldn’t find one to buy, had to live in a specific state, ect.

Radar-less cars do have way more occurrences of phantom breaking. And the price increase goes for all their trims. 

This isn’t true, all cars are running on Tesla vision now for some time and the radar has been disabled for vehicles that had it equipped. Phantom breaking is an issue for all Tesla vehicles (but it is for all driver assist features from all manufacturers, Tesla just gets the most attention because they have the largest user base)

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/unintended-acceleration-and-or-deceleration-using-bluecruise.20938/

I think the noise over phantom breaking is over done. I’ve experienced phantom breaking and the car usually slows down by about 10mph before I am able to correct the issue with the accelerator. I guess if you aren’t using the feature as designed (eg not paying full attention to the road) you might run into problems.

. For the price point, you should be able to get ultrasonic sensors. This is old reliable technology that was replaced just to save money. There is currently no fix for this, vision is suppose replace but it hasn’t yet. 

I don’t think they will need the ultrasonics honestly. I have the city streets fsd beta and the recent updates have been very excellent and now I am achieving zero intervention drives on a regular basis.  Though I don’t think they should have removed ultrasonics until tesla vision was ready for wide release. AFAIK the ultrasonics were only used for parking assist and summon.

We have 18 months left on my wife's leased car, we wanted wait out the rollout of new EVs from other manufacturers. 

Prior to leasing we were looking fairly hard at the Tesla Y or X but decided to wait for additional competition in the SUV segment. Fast forward a year and my wife has flat out said she would not drive a Tesla; she wants to have zero association with Musk or any of his brands. It's an interesting turn as we got pretty close to pulling the trigger on one. 

From the current on market EVs she's very interested in the Rivian R1S, or something similar. Either way, I'm excited to see the additional competition from other manufacturers especially the legacy manufacturers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoCommiesGo said:

We have 18 months left on my wife's leased car, we wanted wait out the rollout of new EVs from other manufacturers. 

Prior to leasing we were looking fairly hard at the Tesla Y or X but decided to wait for additional competition in the SUV segment. Fast forward a year and my wife has flat out said she would not drive a Tesla; she wants to have zero association with Musk or any of his brands. It's an interesting turn as we got pretty close to pulling the trigger on one. 

From the current on market EVs she's very interested in the Rivian R1S, or something similar. Either way, I'm excited to see the additional competition from other manufacturers especially the legacy manufacturers. 

I would like to get either a model x or Rivian when I end up replacing my model y…. Leaning towards a model x. But I think the most I can justify spending on a car is around 50K, when I bought my model y it came in at 48k with fsd. The same car now is somewhere around 75k. The Volkswagen ev looks very compelling at around 40k, and has adaptive cruise control and steering assist.

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I would like to get either a model x or Rivian when I end up replacing my model y…. Leaning towards a model x. But I think the most I can justify spending on a car is around 50K, when I bought my model y it came in at 48k with fsd. The same car now is somewhere around 75k. The Volkswagen ev looks very compelling at around 40k, and has adaptive cruise control and steering assist.

We looked at the ID4, she liked it but wanted something that could seat seven. We have two kids that play sports, and she ends up carpooling other kids around once a week. That really limited the available models to really the X. She's really interested in the Rivian, she likes that it looks like a typical SUV, price wise it kind of works out to what we pay for the lease plus fuel. That being said that price point is at the very tippy top of our budget, and it would have to be a 10+ year car to make the math work the right way. 

• Thumb up 1