Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

12 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Yup, by September 22.  But, you’ll never guess what happened next…

https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/tesla-supercharger-network-reportedly-unlocking-other-ev-cars

That date was for a pilot program in Norway to allow Tesla to receive government incentives to build chargers there. They have since expand the program to most of Europe…

https://electrek.co/2022/11/18/tesla-supercharger-expand-access-non-tesla-evs-italy-covers-most-europe/

there was no set date for them to do the same in the US, only a commitment to do it. Which is good because EA chargers suck. 

49 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

the turning radius on it looks like straight ass too....talk about being underwhelmed after all of the hype :ols: 

Did they just do a reveal I am missing? There is a video of it turning. Turning radius looks on par/better than with any larger truck.

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/watch-video-tesla-cybertruck-four-wheel-steering-1234804370/amp/

Of course, I imagine four wheel steering will only be available for the top level trim.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

52 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Picking up Sunday. 

Make sure to inspect closely and get any notes issues addressed in writing. Most of the time service centers are great, but there have been horror stories. Also check the jack points under the car. Probably not an issue any more but when model 3 was first release shippers were using them as tie down points causing damage that could only be fixed by replacing the battery.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/anyone-seen-damage-like-this-to-the-jack-points.113840/

• Like 1

Tesla Inc. workers in New York state are launching a unionization campaign, teeing up a potential first for the electric-vehicle maker and the latest labor challenge for Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk.

The employees, who label data for Tesla’s Autopilot technology at the company’s plant in Buffalo, New York, sent an email to Musk early Tuesday with their intent to unionize. Employees say they’re seeking better pay and job security alongside a reduction in production pressures that they say have been harmful to their health.

Workers at the plant told Bloomberg News that Tesla monitors keystrokes to track how long employees spend per task and how much of the day they spend actively working. This leads some to avoid taking bathroom breaks, six employees said.

Prior unionization efforts at Tesla have struggled to gain traction. In 2017, staff at the company’s Fremont, California, factory unveiled a campaign with the United Auto Workers, and in 2018, the United Steelworkers and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers announced an effort to organize in Buffalo; neither ended up petitioning for a unionization vote. 

A bipartisan group of US labor board members ruled in 2021 that Tesla repeatedly violated federal law in Fremont, including by “coercively interrogating” union supporters and firing one because of his activism. Tesla has denied wrongdoing and is appealing that ruling.

“The example of Tesla is they can continue to break the law and put a chill over the workplace,” Cindy Estrada, who until recently was the UAW’s vice president overseeing organizing, said in November.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:42 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Other than Tesla fans; who’s buying that ugly truck?  

Real fans of trucks are going nowhere that.

Fortunately for Tesla most pickup truck owners these days are not “real fans of trucks”

Edited by stoshuaj

14 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

For the folks that have a Telsa, how do you feel this will affect your charger usage? From my very limited understanding Tesla has premium locations for charging, will opening it up be good for other EVs but turn into a negative for actual Tesla owners?

It depends. The main reason they are doing this is to get part of the 7.5 billion dollars that is going to increase charging stations.  Right now, teslas make up most of the EVs on the road, allowing other cars to charge there probably won’t have a huge dent, outside of California.  Presumably the cost would be higher for non Tesla evs to charge at Tesla chargers. If they are worried about it at specific locations that can make non-tesla cars pay 3x electrify Americas price to incentivize non teslas to charge elsewhere. 

Capacity and demand will both be increased. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

Yeah agree with 84. It’s hard to say. I’ve only ever had to wait for a supercharger a few times in LA. 

in the bay I never had to wait. Never had to wait going from the Bay to LA, but I primarily take the 5. We have such a huge abundance of EV cars in the bay that I feel like it it could cause a problem but I’m more worried about making the trip to bay and la.

If I had to wait to charge at one of the usual charging spots. I would be hesitant. The uncertainty would be annoying. Right now it’s nice knowing I don’t have to wait to charge anywhere. 

im hoping they only open the super chargers to actual EVs and not plug in hybrids. I would be upset at that. 

• Like 1