Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

23 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yeah you're right unions only help a few. 🤪

image.thumb.png.a7b0e7bd1f0cfc05bba125172a8afa32.png

Yea, I agreed it was good for the people in unions. The problem is that there are fewer jobs after unions than before them. So it’s good for a few, bad for everyone who was laid off as a result of union demands. (or corporate greed) either way the result is the same.

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

Clearly nothing else has happened in the last 50 years to change the manufacturing industry.

Please don't tell me you think the graphic you posted qualifies as data.

Yes it certainly qualifies as data. It shows all manufacturering jobs so it would take into account globalization and China. Non union jobs lost around 2 million while union jobs lost were around 3.5 mil

I prefer the dependability rankings:  

2023011a.JPG?itok=p3_wexBC

The 2023 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study is based on responses from 30,062 original owners of 2020 model-year vehicles after three years of ownership. The study was fielded from August through November 2022.

And there's this so you can see who's trending:

Biggest problem solvers: The top three brands with the greatest improvement in the number of problems are Ram (77 PP100 improvement), Volvo (41 PP100 improvement) and Nissan (35 PP100 improvement).

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Which is weird because the software update “recall” is going to implement a feature I’ve had for over a year. Basically, if you get caught by the steering wheel nag or the camera based monitoring system 5 times over a period (six months I believe) then the autopilot system will not function.

I think the only difference is that instead of just being in place for FSD beta (self steering on city streets) it is for all of autopilot. 

To me, it doesn’t really address NHSTA concerns that autopilot (meant only for divided highways) is being used on city streets. Of course, all Tesla would have to do to correct that is go wide with the fsd beta or change their manual to allow autopilot in more places, since there isn’t any certification of a auto manufacturer level 2 systems required.

Georestricting autopilot to highways only would actually raise the value of FSD in my opinion because FSD beta is meant for use on city streets while autopilot isn’t. Autopilot comes with all teslas for free, FSD beta is a 10k add on.

If I were Tesla I would welcome this enforcement as an excuse to convert more FSD sales. 

Basically, the whole thing is making sure what is stated in Tesla’s manual is some how enforced. So they can try to enforce it or change the manual. Of course the more CYA stuff you remove from the manual, the less your ass is covered.

Tesla driver who killed 2 people while using autopilot must pay $23,000 in restitution without having to serve any jail time

A Tesla driver will pay more than $23,000 in restitution for the deaths of two people during a 2019 car crash in a Los Angeles suburb, a decision announced the same day that the automaker recalled nearly all vehicles sold in the U.S. 

Wednesday's court hearing wrapped up a case believed to be the first time in the U.S. prosecutors brought felony charges against a motorist who was using a partially automated driving system. It was among a series of deadly crashes investigated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that led to this week's recall.

The Tesla driver in the Los Angeles case, Kevin Aziz Riad, pleaded no contest to two counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence. Despite facing more than seven years behind bars, a judge sentenced him to probation in June. 

Aziz Riad’s attorney, Peter Johnson, did not respond to a request for comment Friday. 

Authorities say Aziz Riad, a limousine service driver, was at the wheel of a Tesla Model S that was moving at 74 mph (119 kph) when it left a freeway and ran a red light on a local street in Gardena, California, on Dec. 29, 2019.

Authorities say Aziz Riad, a limousine service driver, was at the wheel of a Tesla Model S that was moving at 74 mph (119 kph) when it left a freeway and ran a red light on a local street in Gardena, California, on Dec. 29,2019.

This is exactly the expected behavior of autopilot in 2019. It was just traffic aware cruise control with lane keep and passing. If he was in a lane that turned into an exit the car would have stayed it its lane. It did not respond to stoplights or speed limit signs.

I kinda find it hard to believe he wasn’t aware of the limitations.

I’ll admit when I first got into the car I thought fsd was something that was actually already happening, but 5 minutes with it on was all it took for me to realize it had a lot of limitations. 

On 9/7/2023 at 3:13 PM, Cooked Crack said:

It's a cult

Having just received my Mx, the screen whipe is just as easy as the gear selector. In addition, the car will automatically shift into reverse and foward depending on its surroundings. Note the car doesn’t move unless you press the accelerator.

the more annoying thing is the blinkers. They are buttons and both of them are on the left side of the steering wheel. Seems like one should b me on each side…

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84