Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tesla Model 3 Release

SkinsHokieFan

• 4 weeks later...

This is going to be the longest 3-6 week wait in the history of time. One man can only watch so many Tesla Model 3 videos telling them that the M3P is the fastest car in it's price range and it isn't even close. I want to drive again now. I drive cars for a living (in addition to all the other fun things I do to fix cars). I've NEVER driven a car like this before.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 3:33 PM, Springfield said:

So I just ordered a 2021 Model 3 Performance. It's gonna be red and will arrive December 12-31.

Test drove a M3 LR+ today. It's unlike any car I've ever driven. So stoked.

@CousinsCowgirl84 what up!

nice. You are gonna enjoy the **** out of that car. Also, I don’t think they let you experience the full Tesla acceleration in a test drive so be prepared. 

I traded my model 3 for a model y earlier this year but model 3 is definitely the faster feeling car.

let me know if you have any questions.

did you go for fsd? I know it’s getting a little expensive now but it does give you access to future hardware upgrades...

Check about Tesla motors club if you want a Tesla related form. 

18 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

nice. You are gonna enjoy the **** out of that car. Also, I don’t think they let you experience the full Tesla acceleration in a test drive so be prepared. 

I traded my model 3 for a model y earlier this year but model 3 is definitely the faster feeling car.

let me know if you have any questions.

did you go for fsd? I know it’s getting a little expensive now but it does give you access to future hardware upgrades...

Check about Tesla motors club if you want a Tesla related form. 

I didn't go FSD. I got a Model 3 Performance in Multi coat red with black interior. We didn't go white cause we want our kids to ride in the thing too and I feel like white will just get destroyed.

The car they let us drive was the M3 LR+. They didn't have sport mode, or whatever the faster acceleration and better handling locked on us. The advisor showed us all the settings. It sure felt plenty fast when we drove it. I got up to like 80 mph when coming onto the Dulles Toll Road in Tysons very quick. I only assume that the Model 3 Performance is going to be even more insane.

I already joined the TMC forum. Checked my account multiple times today to see if there was any update but of course there wasn't. I did order the home wall charger today, I want that to be ready for when the car gets here.

• Like 1

When do we start seeing these:

5e320eac5bc79c34ca746866?width=1000&form

Tesla says you'll start seeing its futuristic Semi on the road this year

Tesla announced that it's going to start making "limited volumes" of its Semi electric truck in 2020 in its Q4 2019 financial report.

It's not yet clear where Tesla's Semi will be manufactured. "North America" is still the only indication in the report.

As of April 2018, several companies have put in their orders for the Tesla Semi, including Walmart, Pepsi, Anheuser-Busch, FedEx, Sysco, UPS, DHL, Meijer, and Ryder among several others. It's not yet clear if more companies have made orders for the Tesla Semi.  

In 2018, UPS commented on a test drive of the Tesla Semi, saying it offered a "smooth ride."

The Tesla Semi can be reserved for $20,000, but "Founders' Series" models demand a $200,000 reservation. It'll start at $150,000. 

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

My model y is also in red. Have you thought above what you will be naming her?

whys it gotta be a her? That’s sexist.

Just kidding. I’ve never been one to name my cars. They’re utilitarian devices to me, not members of the family. Don’t hold against people that do though.

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

the only correct name in this situation is Red Rocket

That’s what we called our dog’s penis

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

whys it gotta be a her? That’s sexist.

Just kidding. I’ve never been one to name my cars. They’re utilitarian devices to me, not members of the family. Don’t hold against people that do though.

well, mine is a him. Fred. But you do have to name your Tesla. It’s part of the setup process...

That’s what we called our dog’s penis

interesting.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t see the appeal of the Y over the 3. It doesn’t even look like a crossover. What am I missing? 

They’re roomier. My wife’s coworker had a 3 and traded it in for a Y. I specifically want a car that’s fast as balls.

30 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

well, mine is a him. Fred. But you do have to name your Tesla. It’s part of the setup process...

Really I gotta name this thing? Well then, thanks for the preparation so I won’t have to come up with one on the spot.

50 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t see the appeal of the Y over the 3. It doesn’t even look like a crossover. What am I missing? 

Its a lot bigger. 

The seats are about a foot higher off the ground so it’s easier to get in and out off.

There is a lot more storage in the back. 

the model 3 just got updated, but prior to about a month ago the model y also had a lift gate and heat pump (heat pump means less range loss when using heat). 

they added that to the model three a month ago.

@Springfield you definitely want to make sure your vin more recent. Some times Tesla calls people up saying they have a match sooner than expected, but it’s a older newer car and the model three just got a lot of upgrades. 99 percent sure you are fine but make sure your car has the power lift gate, laminated windows, and usb drive in the glovebox. 

they are part of the model 3 refresh.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Its a lot bigger. 

The seats are about a foot higher off the ground so it’s easier to get in and out off.

There is a lot more storage in the back. 

the model 3 just got updated, but prior to about a month ago the model y also had a lift gate and heat pump (heat pump means less range loss when using heat). 

they added that to the model three a month ago.

@Springfield you definitely want to make sure your vin more recent. Some times Tesla calls people up saying they have a match sooner than expected, but it’s a older newer car and the model three just got a lot of upgrades. 99 percent sure you are fine but make sure your car has the power lift gate, laminated windows, and usb drive in the glovebox. 

they are part of the model 3 refresh.

Yeah the advisor at the dealer said I’d be getting a 2021 model, so that’s what I’m expecting. He went through all of the differences so I’ll know the difference.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tesla’s new Boombox feature will let car owners fart at unsuspecting neighbors

Tesla’s new holiday update will finally give people the ability to use a new Boombox mode, which can broadcast custom audio on the outside of the car (hence the name). As is common with new Tesla features, Boombox combines real utility with lowbrow humor: owners can use fart and goat sounds in lieu of normal, boring honking sounds car horns usually make.

Click on the link for the full article

Oh, here's my new Model 3 on the day I got it. Named it Rudolph (the reindeer, not the corrupt politician)

It's fast. Like ridiculously fast. I don't know that I've ever been in a car so fast, let alone drive one. Launching feels like you are shot out of a cannon, or like a roller coaster that starts from a dead stop (Flight of Fear or Volcano, for the old school Kings Dominion heads).

Auto pilot and Auto steer are two things that actually caught me by surprise. I never use cruise control. These two features make driving on highways a breeze. Just set it, and the car does the rest. Goes as fast as you want, follows the cars in front of you as far away as you want. Slows down and speeds up with traffic. Changes lanes when you put on your turn signal. Keeps the lanes very, very well. I was amazed. 

1xi7TOq.jpeg

18 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

So Model X? Overpriced SUV with better options in the price range or worth the $$$?

Asking for a friend 😶

I have no info about the Model X. Couldn't even tell you what their base price is. Bears noting that at least on the Model 3, the base model leaves enough to be desired that you'll naturally gravitate towards the more expensive models.

I can say that I'm not a huge fan of the wing doors though. Seems like they might get in the way, such as in a garage where side space is limited.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1