Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

Ugh, I have no interest in that show. I’ll watch because it’ll probably have 65 cameos I’ll need to see to understand Mandalorian season 3 but still. His story is done. Let it go. Anything he does in this timeframe will just make ANH Obi wan even worse by comparison. 

Also we just had an entire show set in Tatooine. We have an entire galaxy. Guess what, Buddy, more ****ing Tatooine desert. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Ugh, I have no interest in that show. I’ll watch because it’ll probably have 65 cameos I’ll need to see to understand Mandalorian season 3 but still. His story is done. Let it go. Anything he does in this timeframe will just make ANH Obi wan even worse by comparison. 

Also we just had an entire show set in Tatooine. We have an entire galaxy. Guess what, Buddy, more ****ing Tatooine desert. 

Yeah I mean I'll watch it but why can't he explore other parts of the galaxy? The Star Wars universe is filled with such rich worlds. Use them.

I did enjoy the Book of Boba Fett finale. Wasn't as good as Mando, but it was solid. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I did enjoy the Book of Boba Fett finale. Wasn't as good as Mando, but it was solid. 

i thought it was an alright ending. I will say, I don’t want Robert Rodriquez directing any more Star Wars episodes. The action in this episode was a mess. You can only use the  “____ is overwhelmed/near death and here comes a last second save” so many times. I felt like that was happening every 5 minutes. I just did not think the action was choreographed well. And this is the same guy that did episode 6 of Mando last year where a stormtrooper stood and watched a boulder  roll down a hill until it crushed him  I have no idea the power of any blaster/gun in this universe anymore. I’m not sure why any named character even worries about them at this point.  Sometimes it hits someone like a regular bullet, sometimes they can shrug it off like a bee sting and other times it hits someone like a rpg and sends them flying back 8 feet as they die instantly. I’ve watched it twice and I’m still not sure if there were 2 or 3 gun turret droids in the city. A lot of it was incoherent or irrational imo. I still don’t know what Boba wants. He goes through all that this season and then at the end says “this isn’t for us” like come on dude, really? 

also as someone that didn’t watch the animated shows it feels really odd to introduce someone so clearly important and badass in Cad Bane just to kill him off the next episode. Unless he is still alive. 

but our lord and savior Grogu was amazing and adorable as always and that saved it for me. 

I wanted that dude to get shot so bad after that. Actually exposed himself and made his situation exponentially worse just to spin into the direction he was already facing. 

again, Rodriguez is a **** action director. Please don’t let him do Mando S3.

He’s Michael Scott planning to go to the DunderMifflin convention. 

(Does ridiculous spin)

(receives feedback that spin is the worst thing anyone has ever seen)

“Ok, alright! obviously I’m not going to do the spin. It’s more of a twirl anyway…

(thinks…)

”might do the twirl….”

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yohan said:

Peli Motto is the best. Calling out the terrible name that is Grogu, and claiming she is not calling him that. Poking fun at the division of the fans over Baby Yoda's name.

Why is her character in the show, she adds little to nothing 

Edited by ClaytoAli

13 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Why is her character in the show, she adds little to nothing 

Why do they have any side characters in the show? Just skip the side characters altogether. Leave the towns empty. Just Mando, Greengoo, and a generic villain or two for 40 minutes or so.

I don't particularly like her, but she's a side character who usually serves the purpose of being the only person on the planet capable of fixing what is supposedly un-repairable flying craft. She adds more to the show than the miss-cast Cyberpunk greasers, so she's okay in my book.

On 2/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Just turned that guy into ground beef for no reason 

You need a reason to turn a guy into ground beef?

Overall BBF was meh, it had it's moments, but had some headscratchers--especially the biker gang thing he had working for him, major Prequel Trilogy vibes with them. Mando can show up in any show--and it doesn't even have to be Star Wars--and I would be okay with it. I'm very excited to see what they have coming down the pipe in Ahsoka, Andor, Mandalorian S3, and the Acolyte. The last one is really exciting--they need to do more dark-side centered content. I am still banging the drum for a Purge series.

• Like 1