Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Star Wars Thread

Riggo#44

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Big payoff in this episode.... it's prolly gonna be awhile until we see the one we all want to see.

I like the "hidden information" the viewers know, the Mamdalorians should have talked more to each other.  

It's nice seeing the little cameo roles for some of the actors... "It's the guy who was going to kill Mark Wahlbergs daughter in Transformers 4!!!!"

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

We already saw Boba Fett.

Ahsoka or Sabine? 😁

Spoiler

Next episode is mostly Mando free and will focus on the Moff Gideon and the Darksaber, if I'm reading it correctly. 

Snips isn't until S2 Ep 5, I think.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Couldn't tell what was in the lab, but we know the First Order has been trying to clone Palpatine.... my family thought they were trying to clone Vader... especially the Moff Gideon gettup. 

Has he been seen without the Vader suit on?  Perhaps he had some injuries...

48 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It wasn't Vader's armor per se. They're trying to infuse Stormtroopers with force blood? Seems like that's what they wanted the Child for. Moff Gideon is an old school Star Wars villain. **** gonna get crazy.

A few theories. :)

Dark Troopers from Dark Horse Comics Dark Empire

Dark Troopers from the Jedi Outcast game

Clone bodies for Palpatine/The beginning of Snoke

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Couldn't tell what was in the lab, but we know the First Order has been trying to clone Palpatine.... my family thought they were trying to clone Vader... especially the Moff Gideon gettup. 

Has he been seen without the Vader suit on?  Perhaps he had some injuries...

Damn I must've been daydreaming for a sec. So...

Spoiler

Is it possible that them going after Baby Yoda for experimental purposes,  ultimately how Snoak ends up with Force powers?

Or am I reading that wrong?

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn I must've been daydreaming for a sec. So...

Hide contents

Is it possible that them going after Baby Yoda for experimental purposes,  ultimately how Snoak ends up with Force powers?

Or am I reading that wrong?

That seems to be a possibility but the soldiers look to be the dark troopers from the EU/legends so they might be bringing them back into canon. They’re trying to upgrade storm troopers with force sensitivity 

——-

unrelated to that but one thing I like that the Mandalorian is doing is showing how difficult it is for the ragtag rebel alliance to establish galaxy wide control after ROTJ. I mean the entire empire still existed they just lost their top two leaders and a powerful weapon. It’s not a shock to the see that the empire was able to survive and quickly regroup amassing power over the course of a couple decades. They’re not even paying much attention to the outer rim worlds. It makes a lot more understandable that the first order rose to such power in the ST 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TK said:

Dark Troopers from Dark Horse Comics Dark Empire

Dark Troopers from the Jedi Outcast game

Probably the former, but the latter would be awesome. And the Dark Troopers were from the Dark Forces game, the predecessor to Jedi Knight (which was Dark Forces II) and the subsequent Jedi Outcast. The boss in the original was pretty ****ing hard, as I recall. I died 1000 times from those heat-seaking missiles he'd fire...

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That seems to be a possibility but the soldiers look to be the dark troopers from the EU/legends so they might be bringing them back into canon. They’re trying to upgrade storm troopers with force sensitivity 

Favreau and Filoni love bringing EU legends into Canon. Im willing to bet thats what that black armor was.

• Like 1

This episode feels like I’m watching someone play a video game on twitch.

1. Go on a Quest

2. Complete a series of assignments
3. Get awarded clues and direction to person to help.

4. Person needs help with assignment.

5. Get awarded a clue and direction to another person to help.

6. Person needs help with assignment.

7. Get awarded a clue and direction to another person to help.

That’s pretty much the entire series. Just the way it’s going to be until they bring some of the larger narratives together. It’s going to be an overarching goal for the season with side quest episodes the first 5-6 episodes where they weave in and out of bigger stories throughout the galaxy before it finally hones in on the main goal/storyline for the last 2 episodes. 

This is the first Star Wars TV show that focussed on one character without significant overarching political or war-time plotlines going on. 

Clone Wars you have the battlefield, Jedi Council, Anakin and Padme, various arcs with Jedi. 

Rebels, maybe you have a slightly smaller scope, but same thing. There is a group of Rebels and they do character development around arcs for all of them. It is focussed on the kid (darn, forgot his name!!l). 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Lego Star Wars holiday special on disney+ is great. Just hilarious riffs through major moments in the series. It’s a lot of fun 

2nd this. My 6 year old loves it as much as me. We've watched it multiple times already. 

• Like 1

It’s getting to the point where it seems like they are using this show to reboot a new ST. 

it’s just hard to believe all the characters the are introducing will either die or disappear before the ST in any way that makes sense. Plus they are introducing more and more of the EU legends stuff as canon which was a big part for the post ROTJ world and what many fans wanted the ST to be anyway. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Plus they are introducing more and more of the EU legends stuff as canon which was a big part for the post ROTJ world and what many fans wanted the ST to be anyway. 

Ya know, after the success of Clone Wars & Rebels, I'd be down for an animated adaptation of the whole entire Yuuzhan Vong war. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Looks like Vader didn't kill all the younglings, eh? 😃

Yeah there's still a lot to explore there.  Why was he hidden and who took him off Corcusant?  

I'm excited though because sounds like he's going to come out of his shell and unleash his power at some point.  He's supressed his ability to survive on his own.  Little dude's going to get  his groove back and hopefully get his hands on a lightsaber.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1