• 0-17
    • 18-21
    • 22-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70+

I bumped into an ES reference on the ESPN board...thank <your deity here>. That place was nuts. Some of those guys lasted a couple months here...then poof.

I posted on the espn boards too. I remember goldenster95, Evanredmon, sharkinva...those are a few names i remember. I joined in January 04, and i joined because in order to view older bang cartoons you had to. I started posting in 05.

I posted on the espn boards too. I remember goldenster95, Evanredmon, sharkinva...those are a few names i remember. I joined in January 04, and i joined because in order to view older bang cartoons you had to. I started posting in 05.

Exact same time I joined, and exactly the reason.

I don't think Bang is ever given proper credit when people talk about the success and growth of ES over the years

I don't remember exactly when I showed up but I've been around since pre-911 days...I think. Getting up there in years and my memory isn't what it used to be.

I'm a year short of the new 30, i.e. 49. Still can't figure out how it happened. I went to sleep one night in my late 20's and woke up in my mid 40's. Or at least it feels that way.

I came aboard in 2003,, i was posting on some other Redskins board that is now gone,, don't remember the name of it, and one of the guys who posted there told me about ES.. i came by and haven't left.

All the original guys (save a few) are over at Burgundy and Gold Obsession, and even though i really like those guys, i always seem to gravitate back here. (Sometimes Art or Om or Tarhog or Die Hard will post over here, and it's always enjoyable for me to see their names pop up. Fun to watch Art take someone to school.)

In 03 i made my first cartoons, and like the 5th or 6th one i made was called "Michael Vick Takes a Crap", and it featured the then MNF broadcast group of Dan Patrick, Joe theismann and Al McGuire enthusiastically calling the action from the bathtub while Mike vick took a dump.

the cartoon blew up and knocked my site down,, the old thing couldn't handle the bandwidth,, i think it was actually one of those old geocities sites.

So Blade offered to host the Cartoons on ES, and i'm eternally grateful.

For a good while there in 05,06,07 the cartoons were averaging about a million views per year.

Got me a lot of work.

Wish i had time to keep doing them!

Around the same time Joe Gibbs came back and ES filled up with fans, so my contribution to growth was not nearly so much as that.

It's fun to be part of the site lore, though.

~Bang

Exact same time I joined, and exactly the reason.

Both from appalachia, both joined same time for the same reason ....it was the beginning of a long, bitter rivalry. We have had many battles. He won some, i almost won others.

I don't think Bang is ever given proper credit when people talk about the success and growth of ES over the years

I've said that before.

I joined way way way back.....  and for 4 or 5 or 6 years had exactly one post about the Kings Lakers game 6 (where the refs handed the game to the Lakers) 

I guess that means i joined in 2002/2003??    

but i lurked for a while occasionally during that time period.   

Then i started posting, and in about 1 week had managed to secure a permaban.... which my counselor brother had reduced behind the scenes to a 24 hour time out.    

If my calculations are correct... that intervention on my part by my brother has since cost me about 47,000 hours of my life that i will never get back........   thanks bro.  

I joined way way way back.....  and for 4 or 5 or 6 years had exactly one post about the Kings Lakers game 6 (where the refs handed the game to the Lakers) 

I guess that means i joined in 2002/2003??    

but i lurked for a while occasionally during that time period.   

Then i started posting, and in about 1 week had managed to secure a permaban.... which my counselor brother had reduced behind the scenes to a 24 hour time out.    

If my calculations are correct... that intervention on my part by my brother has since cost me about 47,000 hours of my life that i will never get back........   thanks bro.  

dzi3ZYN.gif

What was your perma for?

Not making fun of West Virginia enough

48 and born in the summer of love.  Maybe I'll die in the winter of our discontent?

Came to the site with the hordes in 2005.  First place I actually communicated with someone who I didn't already know online, outside of work emails.  I naively figured if people were Redskin fans then they must not be freaks.  

oh you sweet summer child

Archived