• 0-17
    • 18-21
    • 22-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70+

First place I actually communicated with someone who I didn't already know online, outside of work emails.  I naively figured if people were Redskin fans then they must not be freaks.

Me, too. My husband has a different opinion of all of us. We're freaks. (His enduring QB is still in commercials...I've gone through too many to count, LOL)

42 joined in 2007. I was working in a junkyard and my computer sucked, so I was outside with my head in a cardboard box, usually in the snow or rain and that sucked too.

Now, I'm living in the caribbean, personal chef on a sailboat. Owner of a dog training business and buying a house, that'll turn into a rescue.

I'm also sober now, which is pretty amazing.

Well, I waited to give someone else the time to man-up, but it's been a while so I'll lurch out of the chair and sign on in the 60-plus demographic.

Looks like were telling stories of joining ES, too. I've told this before--I've been a fan (as in followed the Redskins exclusively as a fan since I was seven) but spending most of my life in AK/WA/OR. So I had little contact with Redskin fan support systems.  :lol:

Prior to my join date, the only place I had ever posted (on anything anywhere) was on the WaPo Redskins forum of the time. That's where I first ran into our own zoony and visionary (and I think there are a few others here, form there).

Our beloved Bubba9497's Redskins Breaking News is what first brought me to ES. Finding Bubba's corner was like hitting a rich vein in the Klondike. I could read more about the Redskins in one place then I could in two weeks of hunting through the media in my region. After lurking a few months I joined, and that was during the Gibbs II growth spurt. I had only been here about a year when Om and Blade first asked me to be a moderator. I told them I loved the Redskins and the site but I didn't think I'd be engaged here that long and probably shouldn't get that involved. Another fine mess I've gotten myself into.  :lol:

Waxing nostalgic, it's a crime that the site lost so many archived years of posting. There have been so many classic and epic threads and events that I know we don't remember easily though some do get mentioned from time to time, and some are still recoverable.

There sure have been some crazy and colorful characters and wild rides during this last dozen years. 

Me too. My inner monologue when I signed up:

"Eh, I need a name. Hmm. Steve McQueen is cool. I like Steve McQueen. That's taken? Alright add a 1. I'll think of something better later."

I was smoking a kool with blue tattooed on that hand. The 13 is because it's blue moon. Never saw that sticking.

I was working at a junkyard and they gave me a fancy new computer. The program didn't work for inventory, but the internet did. I was listening to serious radio and searched to find more Redskins stuff I guess.

Only later did it occur to me that the screen name really makes no sense for here

Mine is an email address I created when I was about 10 years old. :lol:

damn, when I was ten we had pong, which we used a wall and a ball to play.

I was smoking a kool with blue tattooed on that hand. The 13 is because it's blue moon. Never saw that sticking.

I was working at a junkyard and they gave me a fancy new computer. The program didn't work for inventory, but the internet did. I was listening to serious radio and searched to find more Redskins stuff I guess.

Only later did it occur to me that the screen name really makes no sense for here

Actually it does, you're in the Koolblue paradise, LOL

Archived