Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Historic Snow Fall 1/22/-1/24 #1 Baltimore #2 IAD *Top 4 DC

just654

Hearing that the DC government expects folks to be on time tomorrow is insane.

Huh.  Yeah I see a one term former mayor on the horizon should just one or two more such moves be made. There was this other guy once who had an unpopular school superintendent who... oh whatever.  It wasn't quite like Lebron and them running Blatt because  this is actually a democracy but you know, and this isn't a nod to anything lowdown, the way it is one hand washes the other.  When one hand is soaped up and ready and the other hand is busy with the index finger digging for gold up a nostril, you got a problem.

velocet

OPM tapped out.....feds closed on Tuesday

Yep. 

All public school systems in the area are closed.  That's from Frederick County to St Mary's and everything in between.

As of now, TWC says 37 are dead from this storm, and WP says 18 are from this area. 

In Loudoun County, Virginia, a house burned to the ground Sunday along an unplowed road, according to the Washington Post. Fire crews had to stretch the fire hose more than 800 feet to get to the house, fire and rescue service spokesperson Laura Rinehart told the Post. All occupants inside the home survived the blaze.

Updating the National Airport 17.8 Inch Snow-Depth Conspiracy, WP reports a trained spotter one mile north-northwest of Reagan National measured 19.4 inches, while a location in Alexandria, one mile west-northwest of National Harbor, logged 17.0 inches.  So this seems to somewhat possibly legitimize the depth measurement at National.

Although TWC is telling me it's currently 34 degrees in my town, I know it's actually 26.1 degrees F here in downtown Brookeville.  TWC also reports it's 44 degrees at National right now.  That's very hard to believe.  It's actually dead wrong because the hourly shows 35 degrees.  :wtf:  Somebody needs to be reprimanded over there. 

Weather today in the area, Cloudy, "rain off and on" in the afternoon.  Chance 50%.  High 44.  Tonight, rain ending early,  Low 33. 

Next three days W, Th, F, Clouds/Sun, highs 38, 39, and 40 downtown (snow does not melt well at those temps). 

Good Morning! 

So made it back last night after being stranded for a day in Houston.  Our flight itinerary via United kept getting cancelled and finally at the last second they re-routed us to Delta.  It was our 5th itinerary since we started.  United decided to cancel all flights into IAD and DCA yesterday but Delta, American, and Southwest kept them going.  Come home last night only to see that they just started plowing my neighborhood and didn't even touch my street as of just now.  Guess I get to enjoy one snow day out of this!

Apparently it's still a mess in a lot of places.  I'm shocked that our neighborhood is quite passable.  We got plowed Friday night and Saturday and the two streets that intersect in front of our house look great, all things considered.  I haven't bothered venturing out though.

Ahh. I spent 4 glorious years at Ft Drum, near Watertown. About 45 minutes north of Syracuse/Oswego. Talk about snow! Lake effect snow was an eye opener for me.

Yeah, we don't get that here. But being in a valley, we tend to get good amounts of snow....just not yet this year. Looks like our best chance is on my bday....feb. 9

Yeah, we don't get that here. But being in a valley, we tend to get good amounts of snow....just not yet this year. Looks like our best chance is on my bday....feb. 9

My first winter there, in the first 10 days of January 1999 we got 7' of snow. It was INSANITY. I had never heard of an interstate being closed before. They closed 81 from Syracuse to the Canadian border for like 3 days. We were doing belly flops out of the barracks 2nd floor windows in our boxers (alcohol makes you do stupid things lol). It was AWESOME. And we never missed a day of work. Amazing how much better they are at moving snow.

Your bday is a day before me *high five*

"BOOYAKASHA"

My first winter there, in the first 10 days of January 1999 we got 7' of snow. It was INSANITY. I had never heard of an interstate being closed before. They closed 81 from Syracuse to the Canadian border for like 3 days. We were doing belly flops out of the barracks 2nd floor windows in our boxers (alcohol makes you do stupid things lol). It was AWESOME. And we never missed a day of work. Amazing how much better they are at moving snow.

Kinda why I am laughing at this thread. Even in Albany, the amount of snow you are saying would be a slight headache at best.

If it happened in Syracuse or Buffalo...4 feet is a dusting. Last year, they had 9 feet in certain areas by this time.

Archived