Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Schedule Speculation, Rumors, and Predictions

kleese

Chicago and Baltimore are road games I can see us having a chance to win as well. Fortunately we have alot of the top teams at home.

Oh I missed Chicago on there. Baltimore I would expect to be improved next year.

Again, this schedule was decided six years ago-- only two games were determined by us finishing first. Dallas finished last and plays 14 of the same games (swapping us out for them of course). Every team in the East plays the eight teams in the two North divisions.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. In that case, expect the NFC East to not be all that much improved next season.

So some thoughts have come to me reading this thread.

-Schedule release is also one of my favorite events of the off season.  That and the draft.  Everything else I don't pay much attention to.  For me, the off season is about fishing and doing the projects that I know I will blow off during the season.

-I HATE Thursday games.  I wish the league would just get rid of that slot all together.

- I think it is WAY to early for us to try to predict the schedule considering coaching vacancies, etc.  The NFL loves to string together story lines like it's a freaking soap opera when making the schedule and put them in the prime time slots.

-That fact that it's way to early doesn't make this any less fun and I'm going to follow this thread. 

• 2 weeks later...

Very minor development with the results of the Championship Games..... we are no longer even in consideration for the opening Thursday Night Game now. Had Arizona won the SB, they would have hosted the opening Thursday game and we would have been an option (albeit an unlikely one IMO). But it's moot now. Anyone worried about playing in the kickoff game can rest easy. This only enhances the odds of our game vs. Panthers to be primetime or at least a 4:25 kickoff next year. They are going to get near max exposure next year regardless of SB outcome.

Please open up the season at home, preferably against the Cowboys (For my father's sake). Will be visiting my sister who's in the Navy in Norfolk, and would be going to my first game at FedEx if that's the case.

A Sunday night home opener against Dallas would be awesome. Haven't had that since 2010, shanahans first season with us. We won 13-7.

On a side note, I did NFL game pass free trial last week. Watched the first 7 games of that season. Man that was a great few games.

A Sunday night home opener against Dallas would be awesome. Haven't had that since 2010, shanahans first season with us. We won 13-7.

On a side note, I did NFL game pass free trial last week. Watched the first 7 games of that season. Man that was a great few games.

Was thinking the same thing! How perfect would the defending NFC East Champions vs The Favorites in the NFC East I guess with a healthy T0ny R0mo :rolleyes: to kick off our season. The 4:25 game or Sunday night football game would be absolutely perfect. As long as we don't start the season on Monday Night Football again after a division title.

I remember that game, man it was a boring game from what I remember and of course McNabb didn't look the same and almost cried at the end when the Cowboys almost scored that game winning touchdown until I believe Doug Free? got called for holding. Remember how pissed everyone was down here when I believe Choice got ripped by Hall for a touchdown right before halftime except falling to the ground. Was the last season I didn't watch entirely because I had no idea one of the bars down here showed all the Redskins games. Outside of McNabb beating the Eagles, and getting benched for Grossman, I'm glad I don't remember much about that season.

also, the good thing about facing the AFC North next season is that Gruden was in that division for the 2011, 2012 and 2013 season. so he should know the Ravens, Browns, Bengals and Steelers defenses pretty well. maybe not the Browns, cause they have a new head coach now (hue jackson) and should have a new defensive coordinator...but that should be interesting seeing how our offense does against their defenses

all 3 London games started at 9:30 AM this season. but I do remember there being a rumor that one of the London games next season is going to start at the normal 1 PM time slot. pretty sure its the skins vs bengals game, but could be wrong

Skins V Bengals game kicks off at 2pm GMT

Skins V Bengals game kicks off at 2pm GMT

That is 9AM on the U.S. East Coast.

That means Redskin fans on the west coast have to get up at 6AM to see the game (5AM really if you want to get ready for the game :) ).

Fans in Hawaii will get up at 3AM. :)

You sure he will make it until the end of that season?  I mean there has not been a single year since he has been in the league that he has not gotten hurt.

He really didn't miss any time in 2013 due to injury. He got pulled late in the Denver game when it got out of hand, and was essentially benched with three games left in the season.

Dallas trumps a lot of the general "rules" when it comes to national broadcasts, but I'll be a little surprised if they open SNF again this year--- they did go 4-12. Either the Broncos or Panthers will host the Thursday game and the other might be a strong candidate for SNF.

I highly doubt that the teams affected by the 9/11 tragedy will be facing off against each other on that date.  I think both of them will be at home against but against different foes.  I think Odell Beckham Jr.'s 2nd spectacular catch this year is enough to garner a prime time showdown at home or away next season.  GB coming here for a "revenge" matchup will probably be enough fuel for another prime time game, and then Dal@ss will the other prime time game either home or away with RG3 possibly on their side.  

I highly doubt that the teams affected by the 9/11 tragedy will be facing off against each other on that date. I think both of them will be at home against but against different foes. I think Odell Beckham Jr.'s 2nd spectacular catch this year is enough to garner a prime time showdown at home or away next season. GB coming here for a "revenge" matchup will probably be enough fuel for another prime time game, and then Dal@ss will the other prime time game either home or away with RG3 possibly on their side.

The Giants played here at FedEx Field back in the 2011 season on 9/11. It was a 4:15 PM game. I suspect that's why people are PREDICTING it will happen again. Not saying it will for sure happen, just that people are predicting it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it true that the Redskins always play on Monday night before the election? Because the outcome somehow decides the next president?

no that logic didnt work for this past election and its actually the last redskins home game before the election that decided the presidency 

no that logic didnt work for this past election and its actually the last redskins home game before the election that decided the presidency

Yep, worked for a while. Until 2012. In 08, we had a Monday night game against the steelers. Lost. And then in 2012 had a Sunday afternoon home game against the panthers, and lost.

Yep, worked for a while. Until 2012. In 08, we had a Monday night game against the steelers. Lost. And then in 2012 had a Sunday afternoon home game against the panthers, and lost.

The streak SHOULD still be intact.  The Panthers game that snapped it was the one where the refs blew the whistle and let the Panthers have a free touchdown.  we lost by 1 possession (8 points)

Archived