Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Schedule Speculation, Rumors, and Predictions

kleese

In a way, it is kinda just six. :)

One of our road games is against the Ravens, who are right up the street in Baltimore. Heck, the Redskins could take a bus to that game.

Might be a lot of Redskin fans there that day as well. :)

In fact...I believe they do take the team bus to the game in Baltimore. Would be silly to fly there :P

Lets all get mad because the NFL network guy picked Dallas to go 11-5 and sweep us

Edit: Dang SkinsGuy lol just beat me

Seriously what a bunch of BS that is with a banged QB who probably won't last 16 games.  They have them easily starting out 4-0.  Yeah, I don't think so.  What I hate is that the Skins get 3 Prime Time home games.  SMH!!!  Seriously that is the kiss of death given how they've performed in those games.  I hate the 3 game road starting on Thanksgiving.  Looking at the schedule, right now, it's absolutely brutal, but you never know what may happen when they actually play the games.  

Yes, but it wasn't good 6-2.

I didn't feel the same confidence in that team that I do with this team.

I was pretty damn excited about that 6-2 start. I remember all the "horny for zorny" talk, haha. Every year is "different".

Then look at 2015. The Dolphins just about took over fedex at the Skins home opener. I dont care how bad you think the team is gonna be, you show up to week 1! I worked in L.A this year and only missed one game! Of course it was the Tampa game, so tons of regret there, haha. But as mentioned, our fanbase is average at best. There are tons of Steelers fans in the DC area, and tons of tickets will be on sale.

I don't get this. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is so small. Everything matters.

The Cowboys will be home by dinner time on Sunday, able to get a full night of sleep/recovery. The Skins will get home around 2am. If the coaches give them the same amount of recovery time as the Cowboys are getting they will lose at least a half day of prep time. Throw in the travel day on Wednesday and you end up with basically a day and a half of practice/prep vs 3 days for the Cowboys.

These guys are pros. I just don't see it being anything more than an inconvenience.

Besides, we have an extra 4 days of rest afterwards going into the next game so it all balances out.

It's not worth the energy to complain about it. It's just not that big of a deal IMO.

Idk I like the schedule. We knew who we were playing before the announcement so the positives for me are

The bye week is awesome timing for us

The thanksgiving game is a plus

The steelers week one Monday night is a good test for us and might as well do it without film for them to watch and teams usually take a week or two to get in a groove

My hunch was we played the Browns and Cowboys early and we are but with three weeks of tape on Griffin I like that better then week one

Sunday night to Thursday game is brutal and really unnecessary BUT with that said I don't think Tony plays that week so won't matter and we owe the packers revenge for the playoff loss

I'd rather come out of the gate, defending the East with this schedule.  Really don't have any read on the team until they get past camp and start the preseason...We'll do the same guessing game on the roster and frame up how they're looking.  The schedule isn't going to be the death of the season for a strong team.  It's just as possible that they come out firing and get going fast as it is that they're going to lay down for anyone on any given day of the week.  We won't know what the roster is going to look like against the Steelers Week 1 for quiet awhile. 

I good team, taking the next step is going to beat that schedule.  If they're not that team, then the schedule wasn't going to matter.

Week 1: Monday, Sept. 12, Pittsburgh, 7:10 p.m. L

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 18, Dallas, 1 p.m. W

Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 25, at NY Giants, 1 p.m. L

Week 4: Sunday, Oct. 2, Cleveland, 1 p.m. W

Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 9, at Baltimore, 1 p.m. W

Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 16, Philadelphia, 1 p.m. W

Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 23, at Detroit, 1 p.m. W

Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 30, at Cincinnati (in London), 9:30 a.m. L

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 13, Minnesota, 1 p.m. W

Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 20, Green Bay, 8:30 p.m. L

Week 12: Thursday, Nov. 24, at Dallas, 4:30 p.m. W

Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 4, at Arizona, 4:25 p.m. L

Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 11, at Philadelphia, 1 p.m. W

Week 15: Monday, Dec. 19, Carolina, 8:30 p.m. L

Week 16: Saturday, Dec. 24, at Chicago, 1 p.m. W

Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 1, NY Giants, 1:00 p.m. W

I hate this schedule.

Monday at 7:00 Sucks

Sunday at 9:00 AM sucks. Can't they play a 6:00 PM game in London ever?

Now I know how our California fans feel almost every week.

Thanksgiving Day again so soon sucks. I will be in a house full of NY fans that day.

Archived