kleese

• 4 weeks later...

Past NFL Preseason Schedule release dates:

2015: Thu April 9

2014: Wed April 9

2013: Thu April 4

2012: Tue April 10

2011: Tue April 12

Last year, the preseason schedule came out the day after the Fan Forum at FedEx Field.  I remember distinctly Bruce talking about trying to get the Jacksonville a day game to encourage more kids to come and help grow the next generation of fans.

Oh, BTW ... the Fan Forum is tomorrow night.  :)

Last year, the preseason schedule came out the day after the Fan Forum at FedEx Field. I remember distinctly Bruce talking about trying to get the Jacksonville a day game to encourage more kids to come and help grow the next generation of fans.

Oh, BTW ... the Fan Forum is tomorrow night. :)

Yep, so later this week (Thursday) sounds like a good bet. I'm excited to hear the opponents we play. I doubt we'd face Baltimore, since we face them in the regular season, but a couple years ago we did play Tampa bay in pre season and regular season, so....who knows?

The actual dates however, won't be known fully (aside from if we are given a national audience slot, I.E. MNF or a Saturday afternoon game) until the night that the regular season schedule comes out in a couple weeks. I'm excited though! Favorite part of the offseason, that is until the draft and then mini camps and training camp.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its a foregone conclusion that the NFL makes the Browns our first home game opponent. No way they play us against them late in the year with Griffin there now. Also I expect them to cash in on the Cowboys having Alfred Morris now in the month of September, no reason to not do that either. If they don't they will waste a golden opportunity and the NFL likes to feed us to the new big thing early in the season so we don't have film on them to prepare (ala Eagles Chip Kelly week 1)

I think its a foregone conclusion that the NFL makes the Browns our first home game opponent. No way they play us against them late in the year with Griffin there now. Also I expect them to cash in on the Cowboys having Alfred Morris now in the month of September, no reason to not do that either. If they don't they will waste a golden opportunity and the NFL likes to feed us to the new big thing early in the season so we don't have film on them to prepare (ala Eagles Chip Kelly week 1)

I don't think anyone cares that Morris is in Dallas now. I don't even really consider it a storyline for myself as a fan and it certainly isn't going to register nationally. We may very well play Dallas early in the year, but it won't be so the league or networks can hype some sort of Alfred Morris revenge angle-- I would venture to say very few fans outside of Dallas and DC even know he's there now.

I think the RG3 return might get a little play--- but I do not think it is going to be some super-hyped event either. It's not going to be SNF game or a lead DH game or anything like that. It's still the Browns and Redskins. I wouldn't be stunned if it was on MNF, but that's the third or fourth tier now in terms of marquee timeslots.

Did anyone catch Sheehan's mock schedule? I was busy at work today so I didn't have a chance to tune in. 

http://www.espn980.com/2016/04/14/redskins-mock-schedule-2016/

Sept. 11            at NY Giants         4:25pmET     FOX

Sept. 18            Pittsburgh            4:25pmET     CBS

Sept. 26(MON)  Cleveland            8:30pmET     ESPN

Oct. 2                at Chicago           1:00pmET     FOX

Oct. 9                at Philadelphia     1:00pmET     FOX

Oct. 16              Dallas                   8:25pmET     NBC

Oct. 23              Green Bay            4:25pmET     FOX

Oct. 30              at Cincinnati (London)     1:00pmET     FOX

Nov. 6     *****BYE*****         

Nov. 13              at Arizona             8:25pmET     NBC

Nov. 20              Minnesota             1:00pmET     FOX

Nov. 24(THURS) at Dallas               4:25pmET     FOX

Dec. 4                Carolina                1:00pmET     FOX

Dec.11               NY Giants             1:00pmET     FOX

Dec. 18              at Detroit              1:00pmET     FOX

Dec. 24(SAT)     at Baltimore          1:00pmET     FOX

Jan 1                  Philadelphia         1:00pmET     FOX

I think Browns@Skins week 1 has ESPN and MNF written all over it. They will love to pump all the "drama".

Cleveland at Washington would be fantastic... assuming of course RG3 can win the starting job in training camp.

The double header on Monday Night usually doesn't have the greatest of match ups nationally but still gets huge ratings since people are starved for real football.

HTTR

If you listened to Sheehan's mock schedule you would have heard Cooley after, who seemed a lot more...shall we say confident in his picks. It appears that he may already have some insider info on who we're going to be facing, at least early on, and in his mock schedule he had us opening with the Browns at home on MNF. We'll see I suppose.

I do believe we'll play Thanksgiving in Dallas this year though.

I know I posted what Chick tweeted, but that wouldn't follow the recent trend of Skins switching Home/Away games every year for the 1st game. This year should be an away game if they were following the pattern, since last year 1st game was home. We'll know for sure in 2 hours though.

I know I posted what Chick tweeted, but that wouldn't follow the recent trend of Skins switching Home/Away games every year for the 1st game. This year should be an away game if they were following the pattern, since last year 1st game was home. We'll know for sure in 2 hours though.

Steelers come to DC this season so if we do play them week 1, it would 100% be at FedEx, since we played the steelers in Pittsburgh in 2012. I'd like to see Browns @ redskins week 1 though.

I did see something myself on Twitter though, suggesting Browns @ skins could be a Monday night game, so if vs steelers MNF week 1 is correct, that gives us 2 already on Monday Night. Interesting. Plus there's the mandatory Thursday night game each team will have (where we will have the color thing, yayyy......) so 3 prime time games right there. Wonder if we'll end up with 5?

Steelers come to DC this season so if we do play them week 1, it would 100% be at FedEx, since we played the steelers in Pittsburgh in 2012. I'd like to see Browns @ redskins week 1 though.

I did see something myself on Twitter though, suggesting Browns @ skins could be a Monday night game, so if vs steelers MNF week 1 is correct, that gives us 2 already on Monday Night. Interesting. Plus there's the mandatory Thursday night game each team will have (where we will have the color thing, yayyy......) so 3 prime time games right there. Wonder if we'll end up with 5?

I know I should have been more clear, but I meant if the NFL followed the same pattern, the Skins first game should be an away game, I know the Steelers game will be at FedEx.

Don't think that's what he was saying.

Our first game, would be away, following the pattern of our openers.

I know I should have been more clear, but I meant if the NFL followed the same pattern, the Skins first game should be an away game, I know the Steelers game will be at FedEx.

Ohh gotcha ok. Yeah I don't believe in the NFL necessarily trying to follow patterns, so I don't think it means much that we open up away one year then home the next. I feel like it's just the way it ends up sometimes, but not by any pattern. The NFL is weird though so noting suprises me.

Archived