Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where were all the "You Like That?!" towels?

MattFancy

Seems the Skins had a big time shortage of towels yesterday. We got into the stadium around 4:15 and there was nothing left. There were a bunch of people in my section (120) that didn't have them. I saw some people walking around with 3 or 4 towels/person. Was there no limits on how many towels someone could grab or did the team just vastly underestimate the amount they needed?

Seems the Skins had a big time shortage of towels yesterday. We got into the stadium around 4:15 and there was nothing left. There were a bunch of people in my section (120) that didn't have them. I saw some people walking around with 3 or 4 towels/person. Was there no limits on how many towels someone could grab or did the team just vastly underestimate the amount they needed?

I saw the same thing.

They were giving out one per fan. I think people were getting one, hiding it from view, and getting another one.

Not cool

Got to stadium about 4:00.

No more towels by entrance.  Happened to walk by Customer service window.  They were giving them away, one per ticket.

I was lucky that I saw that and got one.  Gone by 4:10.

I don't know how this got screwed up that badly.  There are 4 different sponsors on the towel, and they aren't the highest quality.  Can't believe they cost more than 10 cents or so to make in mass quantities.  Just have 100000+ towels so everyone does get one.

Sadly, typical that Skins management screws up another 'fun' thing.

Got to stadium about 4:00.

No more towels by entrance. Happened to walk by Customer service window. They were giving them away, one per ticket.

I was lucky that I saw that and got one. Gone by 4:10.

I don't know how this got screwed up that badly. There are 4 different sponsors

Sadly, typical that Skins management screws up another 'fun' thing.

Skins management didn't screw anything up.

Thoughtless, greedy & selfish fans did.

It varied by gate.  We went in the gate by the out door stage around 3:30 and they had plenty.  They also had attendants handing them out one to a fan.   We later saw people with five or six each and couldn't understand how that was possible; now that I read about other gates just setting the boxes out for people to grab them I get it.  Yet another crowd management fail at Fedex.   

You came in too late hoss. But I went in around 2 PM  <_< and they had plenty available. 

Even after I came back from playing Madden / VR at the Bud Light tent (that took like an hour) they still had em available. Even when people were gathering around to watch the end of Seahawks game (around 4:10) I believe they still had them available. 

Should have checked all the entrances. 

If you're a fan captain, you would've gotten an email today asking if you did not get one.

I'm not sure how many they still have.

But if you think about it, who wouldn't want one of those towels?  They were probably handing them out like candy last week.

When we got into the game just after 4, there were none at our gate. I thought they limited to only the first x number of people. The person sitting with me went to the concession stand after player warmups. When he came back, he had a towel for himself and for me. He told me what happened was that they would try to bring out a new box, and the fans would just storm the people carrying the box and take all the towels. He said these were older ladies carrying the boxes and obviously it wasn't worth it to them to get hurt by the mob. So there would be a box just sitting on the concourse where the stadium staff left them to save themselves. Eventually, a few cops came over to break up the mob. One of the ushers said that they had to keep the towels in back because they were getting ravaged by the fans. And when they tried to bring out more, they couldn't even get them to the gate.

This was a dual failure on the part of Fed Ex field for not handling it better, but also the stupid, idiotic, selfish fans that would would attack the stadium staff as soon as they saw the box. Clearly fans trying to take and hoard towels caused many people not to get them.

I will also say that many people had multiple ones. They do the same with giveaways. People have like 3 or 4 bobbleheads at the Nats game. It's like you can only take one damn it. Then they sell them all on Ebay for jacked up prices. It's stupid. 

I know a guy who did this with the Coolidge bobblehead.

He bought a bunch of tickets cheap online and went in and out, getting one bobblehead per ticket .  By the end I had a backpack full.

The game was rained out, though. :(

That's really disappointing about our fans hoarding those things and mobbing old ladies, but that type of behavior seems to be the norm at FedEx Field lately. On a side note, it was pretty entertaining watching Jordan Reed on TV try to free himself of one of those towels that had found its way onto the field, disintegrated, and wrapped itself around him.

Archived