Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where were all the "You Like That?!" towels?

MattFancy

My wife went to the bathroom and came back and told me she gave hers away to someone who said they didn't get one. :o

Of course after the Redskins failed to get that fourth down late in the game in our territory I saw one come floating over our section from the standing room only area, presumably from a fan who no longer liked that.

They may or may not regret having done that now.

Mine's in my office at home.

Lesson learned here, fellas.

Get into the stadium earlier than you did.  Make noise.  Effect the football game.  Get a damn towel.

Thought we took a huge step forward this go around.  Huge.  But like our Redskins, we can do better.

I think they must have only printed about 10K of the towels, or so, because there werent many waving in the crowd. I got to my gate by 3:45, forgot all about the towels until I got to my seat, went back up and asked the ticket takers and she was like "they're gone".... I lucked out and asked our section's usher and he had one in his jacket and gave me, saw him later in the game and he had another. So I think folks were grabbin' em.

Lesson learned here, fellas.

Get into the stadium earlier than you did.  Make noise.  Effect the football game.  Get a damn towel.

Thought we took a huge step forward this go around.  Huge.  But like our Redskins, we can do better.

I think in regards to the noise department it was actually pretty good. In the first quarter especially, it was downright deafening in there. You could hear a significant difference as things went on and our boys unraveled though.

I think in regards to the noise department it was actually pretty good. In the first quarter especially, it was downright deafening in there. You could hear a significant difference as things went on and our boys unraveled though.

You could hear it on tv too.  Throughout the game it was impressive!

I'm just thinking it's funny that the team said get there early and dudes showed up 30 minutes before kickoff and are upset that they didn't get a towel.

Early to me is 60 minutes. But I'm a nerd and like to watch warm-ups.

EDIT:  And I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I didn't go to this one and I think everyone that did deserves a high five, but I think we can get better.

Maybe next years playoff game Dan will finally hand out seat cushions.  That'll get everyone in there.  I guarantee it.

We were in the stadium at 2:30 and had no problem getting a towel. Why It wasa playoff game and we wanted to soak everything in. You can always tailgate. You don't always get the opportunity to experience a playoff game.

Sure. But on the flipside, this was also the biggest tailgate of the year :-)

I made it a point to try and get in much earlier than normal though as I didn't want to miss the anthem and flyover. No matter how many times I've seen them, that never gets old.

The guy sitting next to me kept yelling "I like that", at least until the Redskins seemed to give up early in the 4th quarter.  Then, he left early.  I think that will be indicative of the longevity of the "you like that" craze.  Hope so, anyway, as the focus on Cousins for the playoff game was weird.

P.S.  He probably had a dozen towels in his shorts.  

Not a fan of towel giveaways in Landover. Only one football org has 'the towel' and it aint us.

I'll make a small exception for the Minnesota Twins' 'Homer Hankies' from the 1991 World Series, but that was baseball, and a quarter century ago. Seems like we do the towel thing every other year in these parts. 

what do you do inside for 2 hours?

Madden. I went in at 2 PM and got my towel then tried to get first aid for a cut (because after I saw you posing with Jacoby the bus drove by and I tried to get a shirt they were throwing out and fell into the bushes) 

Those are like 3 minute quarters though so after I played Madden yeah...I was bored as **** and I still had an hour to go til kickoff. So I just went back down and watched the 4th quarter of the Seahawks game. 

I don't know if I would go early again, there really wasn't much to do. Then again I wanted to make sure I got the towel. 

I got there right at 2pm and was able to get mine. Also when I was walking down to take pictures before the game all the dream seats had towels stuffed in the cup holders.  So those folks probably got ones at the gate and at their seat.   I agree they should have just printed a lot more.  

So my other question....What is a fan captain and how can I be one.  Granted I live in LA and I fly in for a few games a year and 

I usually hit a road game too.  I no longer a season seat holder, but if I could find out what that "fan captain" is I'd love to be something associated with the Redskins...just because that's my team HAIL

Madden. I went in at 2 PM and got my towel then tried to get first aid for a cut (because after I saw you posing with Jacoby the bus drove by and I tried to get a shirt they were throwing out and fell into the bushes) 

Those are like 3 minute quarters though so after I played Madden yeah...I was bored as **** and I still had an hour to go til kickoff. So I just went back down and watched the 4th quarter of the Seahawks game. 

I don't know if I would go early again, there really wasn't much to do. Then again I wanted to make sure I got the towel.

We were upset when we didn't get to the Falcons game earlier...we left around the same time as '13, but there were buttloads more Skins fans...coming out of the woodwork doesn't even describe ATL that day...I held train doors to let more burgundy n gold in.

I did get to meet Hap, tho...the highlight of the game, for sure!!! HAIL!

Archived