Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: 2016 Opponents

Stadium-Armory

Opponents set for 2016 NFL season
Published: Jan. 4, 2016 at 05:05 p.m. Updated: Jan. 4, 2016 at 05:27 p.m

Washington Redskins

Home: Dallas CowboysNew York GiantsPhiladelphia EaglesGreen Bay Packers,Minnesota VikingsCarolina PanthersCleveland BrownsPittsburgh Steelers

Away: Dallas CowboysNew York GiantsPhiladelphia EaglesChicago BearsDetroit LionsArizona CardinalsBaltimore RavensCincinnati Bengals

Click here for the full list.

(Edit / Add: They have the Cowboys playing Tampa twice, once at home and once away. Mistake obviously).

Too bad our home game against the Steelers can't be in London.

our home game against the steelers next season wont be like the one back in 08. and Roethlisberger is way more injury-prone than 08 as well. our record at FedEx this season was 6-2, and if Kirk is as great as we all think he is, we should continue to win even more games next season. We shouldn't worry about the steelers.

our home game against the steelers next season wont be like the one back in 08. and Roethlisberger is way more injury-prone than 08 as well. 

Actually, Roethlisberger got hurt in that 08 game. Byron Leftwhich came off the bench and smoked us.

I think we will have a great chance of beating them. I was more referring to the 45% Steelers fans that will be in attendance.

Actually, Roethlisberger got hurt in that 08 game. Byron Leftwhich came off the bench and smoked us.

I think we will have a great chance of beating them. I was more referring to the 45% Steelers fans that will be in attendance.

ohh right he did...man, zorn was awful...that was around the time that defenses had caught on to his offense/playcalling...lost that game and were 6-2 i think after that loss. we didnt have as big a turnout for that game as i think we will have for next season when we play them at FedEx. hopefully our fans really start to outnumber opposing fans as we start to win more and more games.

Welcome to a first place schedule. Ouch.

The difference between a first place schedule and a last place schedule (in the same division) is two opponents. (Or, another way of looking at it: all of our opponents but two were chosen five years ago).

Well the Ravens and Bengals game will probably be played on more of a neutral site, and there's a lot of Redskins fans in the Arizona area even last year when we were bad playing against the Cardinals. So you can say we only have really 5 road games ;) but hopefully not but probably there will be a good amount of Steelers fan at Fedex like any other stadium in league. So I guess it's 6 road games and 10 home games...I'll take it!  :lol:

Well, we started the year knowing we were switching to a more physical style, both in weights and training, as well as on the field. We knew there'd be a lot of banged up guys here and it worked out well. We learned about depth and we never stopped fighting as a team.

Next year our core will be tougher, the offense better, defense better and we'll have a lot more talent.

Why wouldn't we want a tougher schedule?

Killer schedule, but always have to see what next year brings.

Basically, division games will be huge next year.

If you want a legit shot at the playoffs...

Go 4-2 in the division

Go 3-1 vs the "weak" teams of this year (Browns, Bears, Lions, Ravens)

Go 2-4 vs the "strong" teams of this year (Pack, Vikings, Panthers, Steelers, Cardinals, Bengals)

That puts you at 9, having a fighting chance. By no means an easy road, but there's at least a clear path there. It all begins and ends with going over .500 in division.

Definitely a tough schedule. I'd put the games into some categories:

Division: Cowboys, Eagles, Giants (Think we probably need to go 4-2 again in these games)

Tough games: Panthers, Cardinals, Packers, Vikings, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens (4-3 in these games would be really nice)

Winnable games: Browns, Bears, Lions (Should be 3-0 in these)

That would put us at 10-6, which is pretty solid based on the schedule.

Yes, I put the Ravens in the tough portion of the schedule. Sure, they were bad this year, but they were also without Flacco, Forsett, Smith, and Suggs for a good portion of the season. Oh and their 1st round pick Perriman never saw the field because of an injury as well. They'll be a tough matchup next year on the road. Beatable? Yes. But it's not a gimme game.

Archived