Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

No, it means that it's no surprise people would ask questions. Doesn't mean anything with come of it but when a car gets shot at and someone jumps out hands up saying "you don't have to shoot" afterwards, people might ask questions. That's how our society is supposed to work. If there was no misconduct, the questions are answered and life goes on. Right? Doesn't mean it's a conspiracy theory. A guy lost his life, whether or not you think his cause was foolish (I'm of the opinion that it was a very ill advised plan) he still lost his life which leads to people asking questions.

Edited by Zazzaro703

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/new_six-count_indictment_unsea.html

New six-count indictment unsealed in Malheur refuge occupation case

A new six-count indictment unsealed Wednesday adds one more defendant and more charges in the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge outside of Burns.

The indictment now charges 26 people, including an unnamed defendant, with federal conspiracy.

It also charges 20 of the defendants with possessing firearms and dangerous weapons at the federal refuge, nine with use and carry of a firearm in relation to a crime of violence, three with theft of government property and two with depredation of government property.

*Click Link For More*  

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/occupation_leaders_talked_abou.html

Occupation leaders talked about using explosives, drones in 'worst-case scenario,' court testimony reveals

A federal judge Wednesday ordered the pretrial release of Jason C. Blomgren, one of the 26 people now indicted on federal conspiracy and other charges in the armed seizure of a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Craig Gabriel had argued against Blomgren's release.

Gabriel cited Blomgren's involvement in security patrols and guard duty at the refuge site, a Facebook photo of Blomgren posing at the refuge with a long gun and a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson pistol and three magazines of ammunition found on him when he was arrested.

Blomgren, in an interview with police after his arrest, said he drove to the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Harney County from North Carolina several days after the leaders seized it, according to Gabriel.

*Click Link for More*

Love that they're all gonna be felons and lose their gun rights. Anyone think they're going to go along with that with no problems?

Sorry to hijack but would anyone have any interest in other sovereign citizen dumbassery? I'm always fascinated by the sheer....something they got going on. Don't know if anyone else is though. I'm talking stuff like this...

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

Bundy sold 1,300 cattle even as he fought federal roundup

Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy sold close to 1,300 cattle over the past five years and found business in a handful of states even as the federal government sought to purge his herd from public lands, according to state records reviewed by Greenwire.

Bundy sold or transferred cattle to nearly two dozen recipients in Nevada, California, Arizona, Utah and Kansas, according to branding records kept by Nevada's Department of Agriculture.

The inspection records show Bundy at times did brisk business fattening his cows for free -- and without a permit -- on the public lands around Gold Butte. While BLM and federal judges declared Bundy's cows to be trespassing on the federal estate, that didn't deter dozens from doing business with him.

The records shed light on Bundy's ranching operation, which federal prosecutors last month described as "unconventional if not bizarre."

Bundy, 69, was arrested in Portland, Ore., on Feb. 10 while on his way to support the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge led by two of his sons. He faces 16 felony counts that could keep him behind bars for the rest of his life, in addition to allegations that could force him to forfeit $3 million in property.

Information about the success of his ranching business is in the public's interest given that he requested, and was granted, a taxpayer-funded lawyer to represent him before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, according to The Oregonian. He filed a financial affidavit to demonstrate his eligibility for a public defender, but it is sealed from the public.

Bundy on Friday made his first appearance before a federal judge in Nevada, the state in which he was charged. U.S. Magistrate Judge Carl Hoffman expressed doubt that Bundy would qualify for a lawyer at public expense, according to the Associated Press. Hoffman gave him until tomorrow to hire a lawyer or file revised financial disclosure forms, AP reported.

While the inspection records do not show revenue from the sales, one transaction alone in January 2014 for 67 cattle could have been worth $100,000, experts said.

Click on the link for the full article

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/grant-county-sheriff-glenn-palmerdoj-investigation/

DOJ Launches Investigation Into Grant County Sheriff

by Amanda Peacher OPB | March 17, 2016 7:15 a.m. | Updated: March 17, 2016 9:17 am

When Oregon State Police stopped Robert “LaVoy” Finicum along a remote stretch of Highway 395, the militant was desperate to reach one man.

“I’m going over to meet with the sheriff in Grant County,” Finicum yelled to troopers during the Jan. 26 fatal traffic stop, moments before his death. “You can come along with us, and talk with us over there.”Finicum had reason to try and reach Sheriff Glenn Palmer. Over his four terms in office, Palmer has been outspoken about what he sees as government overreach. Palmer met with some of the key figures of the occupation over lunch in John Day in January along with a small group of local residents, but said he didn’t know three of the occupiers would be there.

*Click Link For More* 

GOP Politicians Planned And Participated In Key Aspects Of Refuge Occupation

by John Sepulvado OPB | March 16, 2016 11:45 a.m. | Updated: March 17, 2016 8:56 a.m. | Portland

On a cold January morning, a posse led by a former Army company commander named Matt Shea rolled into the Harney County Courthouse and wanted to speak to the sheriff.

But this wasn’t a group of militants, or outlaws. They were state lawmakers from four western states, including Oregon. Most of them were members of a group called the Coalition of Western States, or COWS.

They were hoping to talk directly with Sheriff David Ward and convince him to support the armed militants at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Instead, COWS members would meet that day with a Harney County deputy and a sheriff from another county, an FBI agent and other local officials.

The out-of-town visitors presented themselves as wanting to help understand and, if possible, end the armed occupation at the refuge.

“I’m just looking at peaceful resolve,” said Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore, a COWS member who was patched into the meeting by phone.

“That’s our intent,” agreed Shea, a state representative from Washington. “If there’s any opportunity to save life and prevent any further escalation of anything, I think we all agree we should take those opportunities.”

Oregon Republican State Rep. Dallas Heard also attended the meeting, however he says he is not a member of COWS.

*Click Link For More* 

Love that they're all gonna be felons and lose their gun rights. Anyone think they're going to go along with that with no problems?

Sorry to hijack but would anyone have any interest in other sovereign citizen dumbassery? I'm always fascinated by the sheer....something they got going on. Don't know if anyone else is though. I'm talking stuff like this...

That is one seriously patient TSA officer right there.   He deserves a raise.

Edited by Predicto

Pretty sure it was the Oregon State Police, not the FBI.

It was one FBI agent too and he failed to report it in a timely manner, hoping to keep it local I guess.  When the Cox lady's video came out and showed him firing he got in big trouble.  It was still justified.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/oregon_standoff_fbi_agents_und.html

That is one seriously patient TSA officer right there.   He deserves a raise.

Police officer was also very clear and polite as well.  That video is a great example of how authority should deal with uncooperative people.  They took time and no one displayed any unwarranted anger, insult, or intimidation. 

Have you guys seen the cell phone video from inside the LaVoy's vehicle when law enforcement attempted to take him and the other occupants into custody?  Intense video to be sure, this is when LeVoy was killed.  In case you are wondering what you are getting into, the does not show him being shot but it does capture the moment he exits the vehicle and the audio of his final moments.  Obviously this kind of sound is not safe for work and probably a good idea not to watch this around small children.   

Yeah. Pretty dramatic and telling video. The link I posted to the initial release of the video some posts ago I believe, has the air footage superimposed so you can see what was going on in the car while watching things from above.  

---------------

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/judge_rejects_cliven_bundy_los.html#incart_river_home

Cliven Bundy loses bid for release in Nevada

LAS VEGAS — Nevada rancher and anti-government activist Cliven Bundy lost a renewed bid Thursday for release from jail ahead of trial on federal conspiracy and assault charges stemming from an armed standoff against federal agents two years ago.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Carl Hoffman pointed to the violence alleged in an indictment accusing Bundy of inciting the impasse to stop a roundup of cattle from public land near his ranch in April 2014, and to a history of Bundy ignoring federal court orders.

"You say you'll continue to do 'whatever it takes,'" Hoffman said in a Las Vegas courtroom where some Bundy backers wore brown T-shirts emblazoned with the three-word slogan.

"I do not believe, Mr. Bundy, that you will comply with my court orders any more than you have complied with previous court orders," the judge said.

Bundy's defense lawyer, Joel Hansen, said his client simply won't acknowledge that federal law applies. That consistent denial led Bundy last week to decline to enter a plea to charges including conspiracy, assault on a federal officer, threatening a federal officer, obstruction and firearms offenses. Hoffman entered a not-guilty plea at that time on Bundy's behalf.

*Click Link For More* 

Hopefully this serves as a wakeup call to anyone who was on the fence about joining these nutjob groups.

This country has passed them by. They thought they had so many people on their side, and could legitimately challenge the United States Government.

They finally got their spotlight, and showed the country just how much of an irrelevant, sad example of humanity they all are. The only "Revolution" thats coming is the one geared toward them, and others who share their tired views.

Holy crap, I saw that second one for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I think that is one of my favorite things I've ever seen. He takes his SC bull**** and throws it right back at him. The icing on the cake is the end when he said "Well, when you see the person, tell him he's not leaving jail either" and the other inmates laughing at him.

"Are you asking me as the settler, agent, individual or the person?"  LOL.

Then the guy goes "Sir I believe you are trying to confuse me"   hahaha

No, dude. You're just very easily confused in general.

Edited by mistertim

I subscribed to that channel. Seems like a good place for laughs and to put into the usual youtube rotation.

I think I understood that "settler agent" guy's argument better than himself by the end of that.

I don't know the procedure in FLA, but in VA, if that case happened, I would really really love the judge to just issue a bench warrant on the failure to appear, and then have the judge instruct the bailiff to take the guy into custody when they see him, followed by the bailiff hopefully looking around for a few seconds as if searching, then cuffing the guy.

Judicial theater such as that would be hilarious.

• Like 2

That cop was cool as hell.

Is there one instance of all this freeman mumbo jumbo ever working for them? So why do they cling to it so strongly and how do they attract new followers? That's what I don't get.

Yeah, I admired his restraint. Even when the guy started cursing at him and calling him names he remained polite and professional.

Nope. Never seen or heard of a single time. However, they are very good at moving goalposts. They will CLAIM that it worked in x or y situation, but what really happened is that the case was thrown out due to something completely unrelated or they ended up pleading guilty to a lesser charge so technically they didn't get busted on the charge!

Its idiotic and I have no clue how they breathe and walk at the same time, let alone believe that their legal "theories" hold any sway in any minds other than their own and their ilk.

Edited by mistertim

• 4 weeks later...

The gifts that keep on giving.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-bundys-3-others-balk-pleas-nevada-standoff-063103697.html?nhp=1

2 Bundys, 3 others balk at pleas in Nevada standoff case

Two sons of Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and three other men refused to enter pleas in federal court in Las Vegas to charges in an armed confrontation with government agents two years ago.

Magistrate Judge George Foley Jr. entered not guilty pleas on behalf of each man during a sometimes contentious arraignment that featured cat-calls and cheers from about 30 Bundy backers and defendants' family members, under watchful eyes of about a dozen U.S. marshals.

Before balking at entering his plea, Ammon Bundy alleged he had been mistreated in custody to Nevada from Oregon, where he and the others have been held since their arrests in the occupation of a U.S. wildlife refuge this year.

He said he'd been handcuffed for 23 hours during the move, including 11 hours to a bench, and that jailers once passed him by when other inmates were fed. He said he got a meal after he complained.

"I do not see how we are being treated as innocent in any way," he said.

His brother and co-defendant, Ryan Bundy, professed to understand his rights but not the charges against him. He also said he wants to serve as his own lawyer.

The judge noted that a court clerk and prosecutor Steven Myhre had just spent 94 minutes reading the 63-page, 16-count indictment aloud. The word-for-word recital came after the defendants exercised their right to hear the charges against them.

Brian Cavalier finished his arraignment — "I will not be entering a plea today," he said — by offering federal prosecutors a pocket copy of the U.S. Constitution.

Ammon Bundy's attorney in the Oregon case, Michael Arnold, was removed from the Las Vegas courtroom gallery by marshals after beginning to text on his cellphone while the indictment was being read.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/oregon-occupier-talking-youtube-jail-38474112

Last Oregon Occupier Still Talking on YouTube _ From Jail

David Fry, a college dropout from Ohio, had a taste of fame as the last occupier of a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon.

Fry became one of the public faces and voices of the standoff at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, using a digital camera to broadcast his commentary as an armed band of anti-government protesters held onto the remote federal property for 41 days this winter.

Fry threatened to kill himself, declared war on the U.S. government, asked for marijuana and pizza, and talked about UFOs before he finally walked into federal custody. On a YouTube channel called DefendYourBase, Fry posted videos of himself and the other three final holdouts, taunting federal authorities and refusing to give up as they huddled in their makeshift camp area, drinking beer and trying to keep warm under tarps by a campfire.

Even jail hasn't stopped Fry from talking.

While he awaits trial on federal charges, Fry has been calling from inside the Multnomah County Jail to have his thoughts recorded and posted by supporters to YouTube. He has complained about the cost of his audio updates — $15 for 15 minutes for each call from jail. But that hasn't stopped him from making a grab-bag of pronouncements — denouncing the FBI, quoting the Bible, explaining how Easter is really a pagan ritual and warning about supposed government conspiracies.

Cont...

And of course...

David Fry, who describes himself in his recordings from jail as a "faithful watchman" guided by a divine power, says he felt called to join the occupation by a "female voice."

And a nut sovcit for the road...