Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Assorted Militia/SovCit news,(formerly Bundy thread)

PCS

• 3 weeks later...

Kansas woman who took her kids to Oregon refuge standoff arrested

TOPEKA, Kan. –  A Kansas woman who took her children to perform for occupiers during the armed takeover of an Oregon wildlife refuge earlier this year says authorities have removed seven of her children from her home and arrested her for assaulting an officer.

Odalis Sharp, 46, of Auburn was booked into the Shawnee County jail Friday evening for battery of an officer and interfering with a law enforcement officer, jail officials told The Kansas City Star. No charges had been filed as of Tuesday morning. The Shawnee County prosecutor's office could not be reached for comment.

Sharp was released Saturday on $3,000 bond.

Sharp traveled with seven of her 10 children, who have a family gospel band, from Kansas to Oregon to sing for and support the 41-day occupation by armed militants of at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. One daughter, 18-year-old Victoria Sharp, was riding with Nevada rancher LaVoy Finicum and three of the other militants when Finicum ran a roadblock and was shot and killed by Oregon state police.

Sharp said the arrest occurred after she went to court earlier Friday trying to file paperwork accusing her landlord of breach of contract. Her landlord had earlier sought to have her removed from the home. She said when she returned home, law enforcement and employees with the Kansas Department of Children and Families were waiting.

"They wanted me to go with them," Sharp told the newspaper. "They wouldn't let me go to the house. One grabbed my arm and legs and dragged me out of the car. I kicked the woman officer."

Click on the link for the full article

Part of me wishes that there was more information, in these "children taken from family" cases. Something that would allow me to judge the merits of the action.

But I can also understand the need to preserve the privacy of the children.  And I can see how that's more important than feeding my voyeuristic wants. 

AR-160229741.jpg

More home schooled kids doomed to a life of social awkwardness, failure and isolation because mommy and daddy think they're special.

Also at the end of the article...

In 2011, the Kansas Department for Children and Families removed Sharp's oldest child who was then 15 and placed him in foster care. Sharp appealed, but the appellate court sided with the lower courts in October.

So she's got a history. Also saw somewhere that her only source of income is what she's pulling in from the kids' gospel group. So possibly child labor issues as well. What a ****.

Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

Part of me wishes that there was more information, in these "children taken from family" cases. Something that would allow me to judge the merits of the action.

But I can also understand the need to preserve the privacy of the children.  And I can see how that's more important than feeding my voyeuristic wants. 

Yeah it's hard to agree with children being taken away without being given a reason.  She seems like a nut so odds are good they had cause... at least I hope so. 

More home schooled kids doomed to a life of social awkwardness, failure and isolation because mommy and daddy think they're special.

I played sports with home skilled kids in high school and have known a few throughout my life.  I didn't find them to be all that awkward nor was there a shortage of awkward kids in high school.  My neighbors used to homeschool their kids.  Little chance that will happen in my family but I've never really understood the backlash.  Public high school is a **** show we tolerate because for most people, it's the best they can afford.  

The problem is that crazy people homeschool their kids.  Being locked in a building full of teenagers is bad, locked in a home with crazy parents is worse. 

• Like 1

More info on what happened,(and different),and her history of abuse of her oldest son. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/05/post_11.html

Leader of Oregon refuge singers arrested for assault; 7 children in state custody

UPDATE May 4, 2016: Shawnee County Sheriff's Office releases statement on arrest.

The matriarch of the Sharp Family Singers who performed at militant confrontations in Nevada and Oregon has been charged with assaulting police officers in Kansas and has lost seven children to state custody.

Odalis Sharp, 46, of Auburn, Kansas, faces a felony charge of interfering with law enforcement and two misdemeanor counts of battery of a law enforcement officer, according to Shawnee County officials in Topeka. She was arrested at her home last Friday and released on bail the following day.

In an interview Tuesday, Sharp said state officials have custody of seven of her 10 children. She said she didn't know the whereabouts of her other three, including 18-year-old Victoria Sharp.  The teenager was riding with Robert "LaVoy" Finicum last January when he was shot and killed while trying to evade police north of Burns.

The Shawnee County Sheriff's Office confirmed Odalis Sharp's arrest, saying in a statement that deputies responded to allegations of abuse.

"Individuals in the household reported on-going abuse at the residence," the statement said, without indentifying those involved.  "While at the residence, a vehicle arrived on scene. The passenger in the vehicle, Odalis Sharp, 46, of Auburn, became resistive and eventually her actions resulted in her arrest."

*Click Link For More* 

I played sports with home skilled kids in high school and have known a few throughout my life. I didn't find them to be all that awkward nor was there a shortage of awkward kids in high school. My neighbors used to homeschool their kids. Little chance that will happen in my family but I've never really understood the backlash. Public high school is a **** show we tolerate because for most people, it's the best they can afford.

The problem is that crazy people homeschool their kids. Being locked in a building full of teenagers is bad, locked in a home with crazy parents is worse.

Got my first degree from a community college out in the sticks (Warrenton, Winchester, don't ask why). There was a plethora of home schooled kids. Always had them in my dumbass group assignments (I hate group projects. Lazy teaching, waste of time, utter bull****). I was spending entire semesters, multiple times a week meeting them outside of class. Nicest people you could meet. And every single one was awkward as all hell. Same time, I was working at a Domino's. Two brothers and a sister there (one was a manager, the other two were insiders). Again, nice as you could want. They'd help you with anything (the sister was actually in Japan during the earthquake/tidal wave doing missionary work.) And again, all three were awkward. It's like their adolescence started started a decade too late and they're socially stunted, if that makes sense. Edited by BornaSkinsFan83

More info on what happened,(and different),and her history of abuse of her oldest son.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/05/post_11.html

Good God...

The son told police that "as a form of discipline, Odalis had placed him on a bread and water diet for the past 2 weeks," said a Kansas Court of Appeals opinion issued last October. Odalis Sharp conceded that, saying she got the idea "from an encyclopedia which indicated that in the early 1900s the prison system fed inmates this diet," the court ruling said.

I love that her defense was that she was just copying policies of prisoner treatment in 1900. I mean **** man. How twisted can you get.

The rise of right-wing militants: ‘Patriot’ candidates are now getting elected in Oregon

oseph Rice’s manner is a long way from militia stereotypes. The Patriot Movement leader does not present as a crazed gun nut, nor as a blowhard white supremacist. He’s genial, folksy, and matter-of-fact in laying out his views. But talk to him for long enough, and time and again the Patriot Movement leader returns to what really drives him: land.

Rice is running for Josephine county commissioner in south-west Oregon, and believes that the federal government’s current role in land management is illegitimate and even tyrannical.

His campaign is well-advertised around the county and appears well-organised. His growing experience in organising Patriot groups and community watch organisations has polished his skills in retail politics. He’s clearly done a lot of work to make himself politically palatable to conservative rural voters.

He has positions on education (kids should finish high school), legalised marijuana (it presents an economic opportunity) and Donald Trump (“people are tired of career politicians, and they know the country’s in trouble”).

But county supremacy is what really drives him.

It’s this notion that is once again becoming central to local politics in the Pacific north-west. Throughout the region, people whose ideas about land management broadly align with Rice and the now infamous Bundy clan are aiming for elected office in cities, counties and even the state houses.

Taking notice of the trend, progressive watchdog group Political Research Associates even pointed to “a wave of Patriot-affiliated candidates in Oregon”.

Rice talks proudly of his connection with the Oath Keepers – a group which recruits from serving and retired law enforcement officers and military personnel. The group asserts that the oath taken by soldier and police “is to the constitution, not to the politicians”, such that serving personnel are obliged to disobey unconstitutional orders.

He’s also proud of his role in founding the Pacific Patriots network , which aims to coordinate members of various patriot groups in the Pacific north-west.

Both groups, and Rice himself, were prominent actors in the standoff at the Malheur national wildlife refuge last January . On Rice’s account, “we acted as a buffer between the federal government and the refuge”.

In practice, this meant that they were a constant presence in and around Burns, Oregon, as the occupation unfolded. Their actions included everything from warning law enforcement officers against attempting a forceful resolution of the situation to forming an armed perimeter around the refuge.

While the Malheur occupiers are mostly in custody awaiting trial, the ideals that fuelled their protest are still very much at large.

Gradually, these ideas are taking hold in local Republican parties. While the nation has been transfixed by the Trump tilt in presidential politics, at the grassroots level in Oregon, candidates who have sympathies and connections with the Patriot movement have already successfully sought office under the GOP banner.

Now, while I certainly think that a whole lot of this whole Sovereign Citizen stuff is just bat**** crazy, I do think that it's perfectly legitimate to question whether there's a legitimate federal interest in the federal government owning so much land, out west.

Now, while I certainly think that a whole lot of this whole Sovereign Citizen stuff is just bat**** crazy, I do think that it's perfectly legitimate to question whether there's a legitimate federal interest in the federal government owning so much land, out west.

Who do you propose should own it? Highest bidder?  We don't want/need another generation of land barons out here.  

Right now I have the right to use the land (and do routinely) along with the rancher's cows.  He can't keep me off that land - but he would, almost without exception, if he could.  That's because a small proportion of the public who uses the land he leases doesn't behave when they use it and it costs him money sometimes to clean up or fix their messes.  I say his grazing fees are so low that he should be happy anyway and that that's the cost of doing business. 

The thinking is that the current use patterns, private grazing and mineral extraction, public recreation is the best use of the land.  In other words it brings the most benefit to the most people of the available uses.

I think this probably deserves it's own thread, it's an important discussion, but there probably aren't enough westerners, familiar with a landscape that includes a preponderance of public land, here at ES to make it a thorough discussion.  

• Like 2

Who do you propose should own it? Highest bidder?  We don't want/need another generation of land barons out here.

Oh, I agree that that's a part of the problem, too. The "who do we give it to?" problem.

I suspect that a lot of the folks who want the Feds to give up that land, want it because they figure that they're going to get it. (And that they'll make money on the deal.)

For example, I seem to remember reading that almost all of that land at the wildlife refuge was flat out stolen from the Indians. But I don't see the protesters demanding that the land be given back to them.

Edited by Larry

Rice talks proudly of his connection with the Oath Keepers – a group which recruits from serving and retired law enforcement officers and military personnel. The group asserts that the oath taken by soldier and police “is to the constitution, not to the politicians”, such that serving personnel are obliged to disobey unconstitutional orders.

8c2.jpg

Got my first degree from a community college out in the sticks (Warrenton, Winchester, don't ask why). There was a plethora of home schooled kids. Always had them in my dumbass group assignments (I hate group projects. Lazy teaching, waste of time, utter bull****). I was spending entire semesters, multiple times a week meeting them outside of class. Nicest people you could meet. And every single one was awkward as all hell. Same time, I was working at a Domino's. Two brothers and a sister there (one was a manager, the other two were insiders). Again, nice as you could want. They'd help you with anything (the sister was actually in Japan during the earthquake/tidal wave doing missionary work.) And again, all three were awkward. It's like their adolescence started started a decade too late and they're socially stunted, if that makes sense.

I went to that school, too, and might know some of those folks.  I know what you're saying, but at the same time, super nice but awkward doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world. ;)

Oh, I agree that that's a part of the problem, too. The "who do we give it to?" problem.

Yeah, of course that's the crux of the matter.  The state?  Here that's tantamount to giving it to the ranchers.  I suspect it would be the case in most lightly populated western states.  

I can tell you this and it might make you feel better.  I have a long history (work and friends) with both the ranchers and greenies.  They both are unhappy with the way things currently are.  I'd say that's the best proof you can have that the way things are is the way things should be.

• 2 weeks later...

First Refuge Occupier In Bundy Indictment Pleads Guilty

Corey Lequieu, 46, pleaded guilty to a federal charge Thursday for his role in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge occupation.

Federal prosecutors had accused Lequieu of being one of the leaders of the occupation.

“Evidence at trial will show that he was a planner and organizer of the armed takeover,” U.S. Attorney Craig Gabriel wrote in support of a pretrial motion to keep Lequieu detained.

In Portland on Thursday, Lequieu pleaded guilty to a federal conspiracy charge to impede officers of the United States. Federal prosecutors said they would drop two other counts against Lequieu: possession of a firearm in a federal facility and the use of a firearm related to a crime of violence.

As part of the plea deal, Lequieu will also not face additional felony charges in Oregon or Nevada. He will be sentenced Aug. 25.

Prosecutors have recommend Lequieu serve 2 1/2 years for the conspiracy charge, but U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown noted that it’s merely a recommendation and that she’s required to come up with her own sentence for Lequieu.

“It is not a cooperation agreement,” said Lequieu’s defense attorney Rámon Pagán, following the hearing at the federal courthouse in downtown Portland.

“He has not met with the government; he has no intention of meeting with the government; he is not providing testimony for the government,” he said. “There is no recommendation from the government for any lesser time because of an agreement to do so.”

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article75711232.html

Children fled with Kansas mom’s guns while she showered, testimony say

BY JUDY L. THOMAS

TOPEKA 

Last Friday, as soon as their mother climbed in the shower, five Sharp children bolted down the driveway of their Auburn, Kan., home.

Before they left, according to testimony in a Wednesday hearing, they took the guns out of a cubbyhole in the house and stashed them at the end of the drive. Then they got a ride from a neighbor to the Shawnee County sheriff’s office in Topeka.

And on Wednesday — three months after making headlines when they performed for armed occupiers who had taken over a wildlife refuge in Oregon — the children were taken into state custody because of abuse allegations.

At the end of a 2  1/2 -hour hearing in Shawnee County District Court that included testimony about alleged beatings that brought the children’s father to tears, a judge found probable cause that allegations of physical and emotional abuse were true. He placed seven of the children into the temporary custody of the Kansas Department of Children and Families.

“Any time I’m going to hear testimony that a child has been beaten to the point we have abrasions, broken skin and bleeding … that’s disturbing,” said Judge Steven Ebberts.

As she left the hearing, Odalis Sharp told The Star that she didn’t abuse her children.

“We need to turn to God, because the system is corrupt,” she said. “They lie, they twist, they make false charges, they abuse people, and then they turn around and put people in prison, and then they accuse them of abuse.”

*Click Link For More*

http://www.opb.org/news/series/election-2016/harney-county-vote-armed-occupation-opposition/#.Vz4-HJXh85c.twitter

Harney County Votes For Candidates Opposed To Armed Occupation

Harney County citizens voted decisively in this week’s primary for candidates who opposed the armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Harney County had more candidates on the ballot than in any primary election in recent history. In discussions about federal lands, some candidates echoed the rhetoric of Ammon Bundy and other occupation leaders.

But voters were clear they preferred candidates who opposed the occupation. For the county judge seat, vacated by retiring Steve Grasty, current county commissioner Pete Runnels got 53 percent of the vote. That means he’ll take office without a November runoff.

*Click Link For More* 

Shocker: Bundy Bros Discover That Jail Inmates Have Fewer Freedoms

Ammon and Ryan Bundy want their Constitutional Rights –including the Second Amendment– to be recognized in jail and are considering suing the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office to get them, according to a report from Oregon Public Broadcasting.

In documents filed Tuesday, the Bundys argued their constitutional rights are being infringed upon because they are not free to assemble nor are they free to practice their Mormon religion.

The Bundy brothers alleged that they have little access to their legal teams, "insufficient accommodations for religious practice," and are "being denied access to materials and resources reasonably required to defend their respective cases."

"Despite being presumed innocent, these defendants are treated as harshly and the same as convicted felons with whom they are commingled and housed," they alleged.

The Bundy brothers also claimed that their rights to have confidential conversations with their lawyers have been infringed upon because when they do have access to telephones, their calls are monitored in jail. Ammon Bundy also alleged that at least in one instance documents related to his trial strategy were confiscated.

Ryan Bundy wrote in the document that "my rights are being violated. My right to life is being violated. All of my First Amendment rights are being violated. My right to freedom of religion is being violated. I cannot participate in religious activities and temple covenants, and wear religious garments."

------------------------

I didn't realize strap on dildos were religious garments.

and the right to bear arms.... what about the right to bear arms???????

From the link

He also argues that his Second Amendment rights have been violated, presumably because guns are not allowed in jails.

I love these guys. They are truly the gift that keeps on giving.

Here's another sovereign citizen video while I'm here....