Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 National League East Division Champion: Washington Nationals Thread

Riggo#44

Great trade, regardless of Revere's arm. We filled a huge hole and moving Storen at this point was addition by subtraction. And then shaving off 100 k's from Taylor starting which was three losses alone right there.

Now to get rid of Papelbon (and maybe Ramos).

I like this trade a lot. Revere is basically a younger Span. Also allows us to move Taylor to the bench or at least spot start over Werth. Gives us a much more balanced lineup. Most CFs don't really have good arms anyway, besides if he's catching everything in the air what does he need an arm for? ;)

Regarding Storen...I like him but he just wasn't going to work out here anymore. Guy just choked away way too many big games. He still has the talent and I think in Toronto where he'll be in a completely different league he'll thrive. He'll be another one of those core Nats we turned the franchise around with that ended up leaving in a disappointing fashion(Desmond, J Zimm, possibly Stras next year).

Reading various MLB forums, seems like a lot of Jays aren't too happy with the deal. So far it's always been a good thing when Rizzo makes other people unhappy.

The Nats made out like bandits simply on Storen's horrendous postseason history. A new closer was brought in the next season to replace him after each of his devastating blown saves.

Early season lineup, assuming everyone is healthy:

1. Revere

2. Rendon

3. Harper

4. Zimmerman

5. Murphy

6. Werth

7. Ramos

8. Espinosa

Good lefty righty balance, and against righties you could swap Espi with Ramos to go L-R-L-R all the way down(I prefer Espi hitting 8th though as at least he has speed to get to 2nd from sacrifices from the P if he gets on).

If Turner figures things out we could have him hit 2 and move everyone else down a slot(except Harper who should hit 3 all year as he's by far our best hitter).

listening and reading to responses locally and nationally this AM. Sounds like Rizzo got the better end of the deal on this. 

I still think Storen can be fixed by a new pitching coach. Maybe he will in Toronto.

Good Luck to him.

Storen needs a sports psychologist more than a pitching coach

Archived