Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 National League East Division Champion: Washington Nationals Thread

Riggo#44

As of 945 this morning, Cespedes and #Nationals putting final touches on 4 year deal. No further comment from tinder match #MLB

Just so you know, this guy has been right on a few deals (Upton to Det, Murphy to Nats).

Wait a minute.  Much of this is based on a woman in DC who Cespedes swept right (left?) on the hookup app Tinder.  He told her he would be in DC on Friday. 

So I'll hold off on this one for now...

I understand the crowded OF argument but if you can get a .290 35+ 100+ hitter in his prime on a four year deal, I'm sorry but you do that everytime.

I've come around on this. We cannot have enough depth--especially with injury concerns in Werth and Zimm

Not sure I believe the Charlie Burkowitz feed: https://twitter.com/CharlieTBurkNYC

Seems a bit of a poo flinger.

He was on Upton to Det and Murphy to Nats early. He hasn't outright been wrong on ANY signings and other people have reported what he has reported on other players.

106.7 and ESPN980 both teased negotiations in updates, with an opt out after every season apparently. Total $$ won't equal what Upton got from Detroit.

He was on Upton to Det and Murphy to Nats early. He hasn't outright been wrong on ANY signings and other people have reported what he has reported on other players.

106.7 and ESPN980 both teased negotiations in updates, with an opt out after every season apparently. Total $$ won't equal what Upton got from Detroit.

I saw those too. The thing that gives me pause is his tweets about negotiations with Cards and Mets. Similar to the one about the Nats. Maybe he's right, I hope so.

I saw those too. The thing that gives me pause is his tweets about negotiations with Cards and Mets. Similar to the one about the Nats. Maybe he's right, I hope so.

Cespedes has been in negotiations with the Mets I don't think anyone can deny that. Ken Rosenthal has said that the Nats made an offer to Cespedes so this isn't out of left field...

Cespedes has been in negotiations with the Mets I don't think anyone can deny that. Ken Rosenthal has said that the Nats made an offer to Cespedes so this isn't out of left field...

Color me a skeptic...because...it don't mean nothing, the words that they say...don't mean nothing, until you sign it on the dotted line.

When was the last time someone quote Richard Marx on here?

Really seems like things are heating up...

Nats interested in structuring a cespedes deal over many years, a la scherzer deal. Talks serious.

If the nats do wrap up cespedes, they'll need to consider trade of OF. Keep in mind werth has full no-trade (and is 10-5).

.@JonHeyman says Nats are serious about Cespedes. Team has been mum. Werth turns 37 in May & has 2 yrs left on deal. Harper is FA after '18.

So if we do sign Cespedes, who plays? I don't think you can sit Revere, he is your only natural leadoff guy. But that means Werth's huge contract sits. Or you'd have some kind of platoon set up. Either way, Dusty is going to have his work cut out for him. Then again, I'd rather have too many good players then not enough.

Not sure about Cespedes as a player. On one hand, you can't argue against the impact he made for the Mets when he arrived. He seems to have that "it" factor when it comes to playing under pressure and isn't a nervous nelly like many on our team. On the other hand he Ks a lot and it says something that he seems to change teams every year.

Interesting for sure. Seems like we're going all in to try to win while Harper is still under contract. I can't argue against that, I said it before that we gotta strike while the iron is hot, but I also don't want to be saddled with too many bad contracts in a few years.

The biggest surprise now is if #Nats don't sign Cespedes. They appear to be the only team interested in giving him longer than 3-year deal.

2) Each of the last 4 years, Nats have given 500+ PAs to 4th/5th OFs. Everyone will get their playing time.

What about a Werth move to 1B? Is that anything that would be possible? He and Zimm could cover down for each other's injury spells.

I mentioned that earlier. Werth and/or Zim missing time in 2016 is practically inevitable. Having Werth fill in at 1B would be great for keeping his bat in the lineup.

What about a Werth move to 1B?  Is that anything that would be possible?  He and Zimm could cover down for each other's injury spells.

Other than I don't think he's ever played there, we have Robinson and Murphy, who would be better choices there.

Archived