Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 National League East Division Champion: Washington Nationals Thread

Riggo#44

Wonder what kind of prospects CWS have at short now that Ramirez left. Desi could reunite with LaRoche in Chi.

Per Baseball America, their top prospect is Tim Anderson, a shortstop who slashed .312/.350/.429, while stealing 49 bases in 129 games last year at AA. He's 22.

Edit: An interesting location: Colorado, Desi has always crushed there.

That's what I thought too, however....

Stephen strasburg, nats settle at $10.4M

Going to get a huge deal next year

he's fallen short of the draft hype, but he's still been a really damn good pitcher otherwise. If he stays healthy and has a good season, he's getting 25+ mil per from somebody

he's fallen short of the draft hype, but he's still been a really damn good pitcher otherwise. If he stays healthy and has a good season, he's getting 25+ mil per from somebody

The Nats can't just keep letting everybody walk. They have to bring Stras back.

Last I heard, teams were asking Desi about moving to the OF. I think if he was totally down with that, he would have signed by now.

This has been a weird offseason.

As for Desi, more proven, productive OFers in Upton and Cespedes are still out there. No way he'd get signed for an OF role with those two out there.

I feel bad for him. He's going to have to wait until almost ST to get a deal, I believe.

This has been a weird offseason.

As for Desi, more proven, productive OFers in Upton and Cespedes are still out there. No way he'd get signed for an OF role with those two out there.

I feel bad for him. He's going to have to wait until almost ST to get a deal, I believe.

I thought for sure that some GM would be dumb enough to hand him a massive deal just based on who else was out there for middle infielders.  Seems like everybody is getting paid except for Desi.

Desmond is such an enigma at SS... He's actually pretty decent at that position, outside of April (most years). But I can understand teams looking at his error rate and balking.

I was and still am hoping that he ends up in Colorado. He could have a very successful career there. A one year deal for him is honestly probably his best bet, if he can get it together in 2016.

I thought for sure that some GM would be dumb enough to hand him a massive deal just based on who else was out there for middle infielders. Seems like everybody is getting paid except for Desi.

I thought he'd be a lock for the Padres. I'm surprised they took Ramirez over him. Desi's price must be unrealistic.

Hmm,it's time. People get so flustered and don't notice how rarely pitchers actually bat. After two AB's they are pinch-hit for by position players anyway. A self-imposed handicap that has passed it's usefulness and novelty, imo.

It makes management in the NL much more difficult, especially extra inning games , when you have to take into account who's left on the bench and in the pen.

It makes management in the NL much more difficult, especially extra inning games , when you have to take into account who's left on the bench and in the pen.

That's my point. It's only more difficult because the manager has to find a way so his own pitcher DOESN'T step in the batter's box.

Archived