Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 National League East Division Champion: Washington Nationals Thread

Riggo#44

Everyone is talking about upgrading at Catcher...

Why not move Harper to Catcher?

I was a catcher for more than a decade so trust me when I say Harper to catcher would be a mistake of epic proportions. As Skinsfan_1215 stated, his legs aren't worth it. Sticking him there will take five years off his career.

There's plenty of teams with multiple dickheads that won world series.

Honestly, I'm passed character.  It's nice to win a championship with a team full of boy scouts, but it's also just nice to win a championship.

That said, I'd have Paps off the team.  He's a different time of douche canoe.

Doesn't Cespedes have a reputation for being a dickhead? Do we have room enough for two of those in the clubhouse?

Maybe they'll focus it on each other :lol:

If the Mets offer him an opt out after 1 year that might be a good bet for him. Should be a more competitive market for his services next offseason.

I thought the reports of our offer had opt-outs after every year?

Hmm hadn't read that. But if both offers have opts outs after 1 year, and he's treating each like essentially a 1 year deal, then it's more likely he'll just decide to stay with the Mets.

If we miss out I won't really care. We will have made the Mets pay more AND only get him for 1 year instead of 3. That's a win, to me.

What if, and this is strictly hypothetical, we are dodging another Ian Desmond bullet if we miss out on Cespedes?

I might not be a player that ages well, given his lack of walks and high K rates...

Just a thought.

Except Cespedes is like a better version of 2012 Desmond. Not really comparable to me.

What if, and this is strictly hypothetical, we are dodging another Ian Desmond bullet if we miss out on Cespedes?

I might not be a player that ages well, given his lack of walks and high K rates...

Just a thought.

Isn't Cespedes average in terms of K%?

http://www.fangraphs.com/graphs.aspx?playerid=13110&position=OF&page=4&type=full

I think he's at about 20%, whereas desmond was at 29% last year, I believe.

Cespedes seems to be trending up offensively, while desmonds been trending down for 4 straight seasons.

Well, the Mets will be far and away division favorites. We can just hope for massive regression...

Oh absolutely.  We aren't helping ourselves keep Harper, either.

People think it's about saving money to pay the kid... sure, that's part of it, but he wants to win.  If there aren't any pieces here for him to win, then he's not going to stay.  Even if you give him 500 mil, he's not going to stay.

We're running out of time to impress him.

Archived