Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 National League East Division Champion: Washington Nationals Thread

Riggo#44

Don't see it happening. I guess he'd be OF and Taylor would sit until Werth is hurt again, or Zimm is, and Werth starts playing 1B. Something like that.

Me neither, unless they go Harper in CF, Cepsedes in RF and Werth in LF, with Revere and Taylor being worked in come the inevitable injuries to Werth.

Marlins are out so it's between us and the Braves now.   Wouldnt be shocked if he signed a 1 year deal like Nelson Cruz did with the O's a season ago.  Chance to contend and hit a weak free agent class next year.

As for where Yo would play, I'm guessing Revere would sit vs LHP.  Any other decisions are way above my pay grade. 

Marlins are out so it's between us and the Braves now.   Wouldnt be shocked if he signed a 1 year deal like Nelson Cruz did with the O's a season ago.  Chance to contend and hit a weak free agent class next year.

As for where Yo would play, I'm guessing Revere would sit vs LHP.  Any other decisions are way above my pay grade. 

I still don't see Cespedes here. I wouldn't count out the Angels--they have nothing in LF right now. Nothing.

I would love Cespedes.  But admittedly I am a novice baseball guy.  I just watch the Nats.

He's a bat and he's a scary bat.

That would be a formidable line-up for a change, first time since 2012 for my money.

I would love Cespedes.  But admittedly I am a novice baseball guy.  I just watch the Nats.

He's a bat and he's a scary bat.

That would be a formidable line-up for a change, first time since 2012 for my money.

The problem with Cespedes is he's basically Ian Desmond, minus the steals: 20-25% K rate, ~.300 OBP, but 25 HR & 25-30 2B power.

The problem with Cespedes is he's basically Ian Desmond, minus the steals: 20-25% K rate, ~.300 OBP, but 25 HR & 25-30 2B power.

The old Desi, yes.  Who I wouldn't mind having back.  But Cespesdes would offer pop and legit protection for Harper right?

I mean in my opinion this is a "put us over the top" move.

The old Desi, yes.  Who I wouldn't mind having back.  But Cespesdes would offer pop and legit protection for Harper right?

I mean in my opinion this is a "put us over the top" move.

Potentially, yes. But, after last year, there are no "put us over the top" moves. Signing Cespedes would have a world of ramifications. Personally, I like our line up right now--save for an upgrade at catcher.

What if the #Nationals signed Cespedes? Story:... http://fb.me/OsWu04TX 

Sources: After missing out on Upton, Nationals pursuing Yoenis Cespedes

Almost a year ago to the day, the Nationals stunned the baseball world signed free-agent right-hander Max Scherzer to a seven-year, $210 free-agent contract.

Could the signing of free-agent outfielder Yoenis Cespedes be the next bombshell out of Washington D.C.?

The exact market for Cespedes remains unclear, but the Nationals are indeed pursuing the slugger, according to major-league sources.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/washington-nationals-yoenis-cespedes-outfielder-justin-upton-ken-rosenthal-012016

I just don't see any room for Cespedes. We need Revere's bat in leadoff, so he's starting and if Cespedes comes in for a big price he will be starting. Will Werth be on the bench? Taylor would have to be dumped off somewhere but that's fine by me.

Is this simply a move to spite the Mets? Taking their only two decent bats just so they can't resign them?

I just don't see any room for Cespedes. We need Revere's bat in leadoff, so he's starting and if Cespedes comes in for a big price he will be starting. Will Werth be on the bench? Taylor would have to be dumped off somewhere but that's fine by me.

Is this simply a move to spite the Mets? Taking their only two decent bats just so they can't resign them?

Why would Taylor have to be dumped off? He would just be an bench player til Werth is injured or gone.

It doesn't make any sense for me. Pre-Revere deal, yes, he could play right, with Harp in Center and Werth in left. But with Revere, there isn't a place for him to play. I would be fine with letting Taylor work on pitch selection in AAA, but who sits? We are a pretty deep team now--with Taylor and den Dekker coming off the bench. I just don't know if it makes sense. I also don't know if this is "leftover" from before acquiring Revere.

Update: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14615525/yoenis-cespedes-offer-table-via-washington-nationals

Apparently we have an offer on the table for less than what Upton got. I am starting to warm up to the idea of Cespedes--an insane amount of roster flexibility and we'd probably cut automatic out in Moore.

IF he signs, this the lineup?

Werth

Rendon

Harper

Cespedes

Zimm

Murphy

Espi/Turner

Ramos

Pitcher

Riggo- I'm talking myself into it the same way. You can start and lead off Revere vs RHP, and lead off Werth vs LHP.

As long as there's an opt out so he's not likely to be on the team more than two years. Don't want to risk losing Harper because of him.

I don't think Cespedes will affect the Harper negotiations. We have 2 or 3 contracts on the books after 2018, outside of the arbitration candidates.

Update: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14615525/yoenis-cespedes-offer-table-via-washington-nationals

Apparently we have an offer on the table for less than what Upton got. I am starting to warm up to the idea of Cespedes--an insane amount of roster flexibility and we'd probably cut automatic out in Moore.

IF he signs, this the lineup?

Werth

Rendon

Harper

Cespedes

Zimm

Murphy

Espi/Turner

Ramos

Pitcher

One hell of a lineup.......

4949800+_beac96e700bce53c133e51a9330d06a