Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - Cowboys at #Redskins

JimmiJo

There was not a lack of fire or focus. Just a lack of talent

Bull. No one on the other side of the field could stay with Jackson. He should have had 15 targets. Running no matter what is insanity. Is Cassell better than Cousins? Is Williams better than Garcon? A banged up Whitten better than Reed? We punted four times the first half of the first quarter and killed the few positive plays with (admittedly questionable) penalties. We scored nine points in 59 minutes. Some focus.

This is horse ****.  He didn't make up for anything.  We would have been in position, with 1:30 and 2 timeouts, to win, not TIE.

This apologetic bull**** is complete ****.

Wow. I see it differently. You see it by the situation. He did the only possible thing he could do to make up for it and score a TD. Whenever a player does the best possible thing he could do, then he made up for it.

Honestly we should have just put the game in Cousins hands and gone for 2 and the win. Which would have made us play more aggressively on defense to preserve a win rather than OT. But if we didn't get it, are people really going to be mad at Gruden from being aggressive and ballsy and trying to call his shot?

Wow. I see it differently. You see it by the situation. He did the only possible thing he could do to make up for it and score a TD. Whenever a player does the best possible thing he could do, then he made up for it.

Why? That's extremely arbitrary considering we have the actual, real game situation in front of us to look at and judge. It's not a hypothetical, the TD he scored did NOT put us in the same position we were in before his mistake, and therefore he didn't balance the scales. He didn't make up for it. Pretty cut and dry.

Honestly we should have just put the game in Cousins hands and gone for 2 and the win. Which would have made us play more aggressively on defense to preserve a win rather than OT. But if we didn't get it, are people really going to be mad at Gruden from being aggressive and ballsy and trying to call his shot?

Hadn't thought of that. I mean, we almost missed the XP anyways. It would have been a classic Skins Cowboys ending regardless. 

He tried to make a play and loss the ball.  This loss is not on DJax but is on the blown opportunities to put Dallas away early.  What I wont do is get all emotional and **** about the loss.  I'm moving on to the next game.

HTTR!

He tried to make an incredibly stupid ****ing play, in a situation that did not call for that arrogant hero complex to burst forth. There's a difference.

We are still right in the mix w/ 5 games to go. It's Cowboys v. Redskins, crazy **** always happens.

Take a deep breath people. HTTR and to getting our first win on the road...

4 games left. A road game against a desperate Chicago team coming off a tough loss. If were worth anything this year, we need to win this game. 

What a wonderful night to reach my 5,000th post. 

Why? That's extremely arbitrary considering we have the actual, real game situation in front of us to look at and judge. It's not a hypothetical, the TD he scored did NOT put us in the same position we were in before his mistake, and therefore he didn't balance the scales. He didn't make up for it. Pretty cut and dry.

You missed my point.

We are still right in the mix w/ 5 games to go. It's Cowboys v. Redskins, crazy **** always happens.

Meh. I'm not drinking that koolaid after what I just saw. I'm so disgusted.

Yes sir bruh.  Tough loss but I'm moving on to rooting for this team to get a victory in Chicago.

HTTR!

The playing not to lose bull**** football is what pisses me off the most. Barry started calling all out blitzes, not being a chicken**** and was getting stops. Gruden plays chicken**** play not to lose football and it gets us 9 points, a missed field goal and took being forced to take chances to finally hit Jackson, whom was open all night for chances like that with how Dallas was blitzing. Stalled out everytime we hit their 30 yard line in the exact same fashion each opportunity. I'm not sure if that's playcalling, Cousins being afraid to take chances because road games and primetime seem to be the boogeyman under his bed or both but I just absolutely cannot stand losing football games playing not to lose. Division was gift wrapped to us and dropped right in our lap... And our offense puts up 9 ****ing points until they were forced to take chances after 59 minutes. 9 ****ing points at home against a 3 win team. 9 ****ing points with a chance to put a stranglehold on the division. 9 points. 9. 9ner. Sickening.

It's not a "disaster" to lose to a huge rival. Crazy things happen every year in this division. It's the way we lost, it's the fact that we lost to a QB that no other team had lost to this year, it's the awful playcalling in the clutch, the bone-headed, selfish mistakes, the terrible special teams, the idiocy of 10 men on the field forcing a timeout after a kickoff ... this is a tough one, and it's no wonder it's kicked everyone in the nuts. Same old same old comes to mind, and we have all been DESPERATE to stop saying that. 

With a chance to pretty much take control of the division in front of a national audience, do it against your rival that's been pathetic without Romo and this is the performance... I'd call it a disaster. 

He didn't make up for it.  Let me break it down because a lot of you DJaxers are getting this wrong:

1)  We were TIED at 9 when Jackson had possession of the ball, meaning we had possession of the ball.  We had two timeouts and 90 seconds to get down the field for a field goal to win.

2)  Jackson LOST the ball, giving it to the Cowboys, who went up 7.

3)  We scored a touchdown to re-tie it after time and timeouts were off the board.

4)  We then gave it BACK while tied and they scored.

Very simply:  Tied with the ball if Jackson isn't a major **** up, tied without the ball because he's a major **** up.

Hocker either:

1. Hits the field goal

2. Boot kickoff out of the end zone like he was brought here to do

Things change.

But ultimately, offense killed us. 3 turnovers for 3 points

1. Offense

2. SSS Jacksons horrible play

3. Hocker miss and kick off

You missed my point.

You'd have to have made a cogent point for that to happen, but I'm open to being wrong if you'll lay out what you meant.

What is the point of trent Murphy? No seriously. Does he have any kind of relevance on the football field?

I think he recovered a fumble that we didn't score points off of. So no.

Archived