Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - Cowboys at #Redskins

JimmiJo

The opportunity was there tonight to seize control, but they made too many mistakes, some bigger than others.  After this game, I find it really hard for them to put back to back games together.  This team, this year, isn't built for consistency.  They showed flashes, but they're not there yet.  

We are just incapable of winning back to back games. Offense was horrific tonight. Coaching staff couldn't figure out how to pick up a simple a gap blitz. Cousins cracks under pressure and looked like a scared little girl at times. He didn't own this game and take control. Gruden was terrible. Refs were also terrible. A total clusterfk of a performance.

We are just incapable of winning back to back games. Offense was horrific tonight. Coaching staff couldn't figure out how to pick up a simple a gap blitz. Cousins cracks under pressure and looked like a scared little girl at times. He didn't own this game and take control. Gruden was terrible. Refs were also terrible. A total clusterfk of a performance.

Reminds me what a 5-7 team would look like 

He didn't make up for it.  Let me break it down because a lot of you DJaxers are getting this wrong:

1)  We were TIED at 9 when Jackson had possession of the ball, meaning we had possession of the ball.  We had two timeouts and 90 seconds to get down the field for a field goal to win.

2)  Jackson LOST the ball, giving it to the Cowboys, who went up 7.

3)  We scored a touchdown to re-tie it after time and timeouts were off the board.

4)  We then gave it BACK while tied and they scored.

Very simply:  Tied with the ball if Jackson isn't a major **** up, tied without the ball because he's a major **** up.

I wouldn't call a pro bowler a major **** up for one stupid play. Like I said before, he did the best thing he could in his situation and tied the game back. Yes, after Djax scored, we weren't back in a great situation before Djax fumbled. But as a player, he responded back with the very best thing he could do.

I know that Jackson is a play maker, but the guy is only that as a WR.  His PR days are behind him.  Crowder should've been back there on that return.  He sure as hell wouldn't have made the same mistake.  I think Jackson was trying to replicate the Miracle in the Meadowlands 2 and he FAILED miserably.  

Reminds me what a 5-7 team would look like

Not against a 3-8 team when 5-1 at home. Worst loss I can remember. Up there with the time a Norv team allowed 530 yards to an aging Boomer Esiason. Up there with the 3-0 loss to the Jets. As bad as the Frerotte head butt tie or the Zorn swinging gate. None of us deserve this ****.

Cowboys may have fewer wins but watch their games, the difference between our team and there's was very small. Every game they lost was very competitive, save for Carolina and New England(just like us). The difference was, we managed to make some plays to win some games late(Philly, Tampa). They didn't, in fact they lost most of their games late if not on the final possession.

The truth is, tonight's game was two virtually equal teams. Dallas just took advantage of the big mistake that we did not.

Not against a 3-8 team when 5-1 at home. Worst loss I can remember. Up there with the time a Norv team allowed 530 yards to an aging Boomer Esiason. Up there with the 3-0 loss to the Jets. As bad as the Frerotte head butt tie or the Zorn swinging gate. None of us deserve this ****.

I'm surprised but i'm not really surprised.  This has really been the norm from 2000 to the present day. The players and coaches change but stuff like this really just continues. 

I wouldn't call a pro bowler a major **** up for one stupid play. Like I said before, he did the best thing he could in his situation and tied the game back. Yes, after Djax scored, we weren't back in a great situation before Djax fumbled. But as a player, he responded back with the very best thing he could do.

What?  He had a major **** up.  I don't give a **** what he does afterwards; he ****ed up tremendously and basically gave the game away.

I'm surprised but i'm not really surprised.  This has really been the norm from 2000 to the present day. The players and coaches change but stuff like this really just continues. 

Thinking about some of these games where Dallas came and beat us here:

2000: Fortune 500 Skins get slapped around by a ancient Randall Cunningham

2001: our five-game winning streak snapped by a green Quincy Carter

2004: Gibbs' first MNF back......Parcells uses a REALLY ancient Vinny Testaverde to win

Tonight: Matt Cassel

how is it scared throwing a perfect ball to desean with 40 secs left?  i think kirk gets hurt more by the terrible running that we continue to run again and again and again, i mean seriously how many coaches would keep just running for nothing all the damn time

I can imagine how hard is to be a QB for the NFL but if the coaches still treating Cousins like little child playing with big boys with 3-5 yds.passes that's all he will be. And I know he's not the answer.

I suspect the coaches still running for 3-4 yds. time after time because they don't trust Cousin like they said every week, don't get me wrong I like the guy but the only time I saw him with confidence and fire in his eyes was the time he shout: What about that??? or something like that after the Bucs game (?).

Archived