Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread - Cowboys at #Redskins

JimmiJo

I sadly agree, Cowboys was sposed to be one of the easier ones to win.

meh, let's see if we can loose out, I see no since in going 7-9 for a seat at the playoffs only to get smothered first round....

That's loser talk, come on. Only winning begets winning. Losing keeps the losing culture around. McCloughan is going to draft talent regardless of where we draft, we need to learn to win games, especially with Cousins. Have some pride, man.

...and this is why we need to pause with all the sign Kirk, bring back Jay talk, and we're going to the playoffs talk. We're not a good team. We can't even win 2 games in a row. That's not asking for a lot. Good teams win two. We can't. Every time we've had a chance we blow it.

I don't think Kirk had a bad game, Cowboys D was pretty good and constantly putting pressure. He moves the ball well.

he put us in a position to win, really, and made the plays he had to make. D-Jax ****ed him once, st ****ed him twice, and gruden ****ed him all day.

resign Kirk.

This right here! There is NO excuse for our offense not to take shots down the field often! We have the fast receivers and we have the QB who can deliver right in stride. The sooner Sean McVay grows a set and starts taking these shots, the sooner this offense will take another step and put the points on the board.

Dont know if it's play calling or the QB but we really need to stretch the field. We don't have to throw bombs but can we at least throw 10-15 yards. Everything is 2-5 yards it seems.

No, he didn't. He semi redeemed himself, but we would have been the ones with that game winning FG if he didn't do that, so just because he tied it up doesn't mean it's not his fault anymore. We went from tied with the ball and plenty of time to tied and on defense with our backs to the wall.

He tried to make a play and loss the ball.  This loss is not on DJax but is on the blown opportunities to put Dallas away early.  What I wont do is get all emotional and **** about the loss.  I'm moving on to the next game.

HTTR!

lol, this is a disaster of epic proportions. You couldn't beat a Dallas team without a starting QB, at home on Monday Night football. It's pretty embarrassing. 

I'll agree with you....Redskins football.....***** it...Losing to the Panthers and the Cowboys.......

I don't think Kirk had a bad game, Cowboys D was pretty good and constantly putting pressure. He moves the ball well.

he put us in a position to win, really, and made the plays he had to make. D-Jax ****ed him once, st ****ed him twice, and gruden ****ed him all day.

resign Kirk.

Huh? Our offense was absolutely putrid, could only muster 1 FG off three turnovers. A lot of that has to fall of the QB.

This right here! There is NO excuse for our offense not to take shots down the field often! We have the fast receivers and we have the QB who can deliver right in stride. The sooner Sean McVay grows a set and starts taking these shots, the sooner this offense will take another step and put the points on the board. 

exactly!!!  this can't be said enough

kirk is making plays and making good decisions, but we have too many drives killed by ineffective runs

lol, this is a disaster of epic proportions. You couldn't beat a Dallas team without a starting QB, at home on Monday Night football. It's pretty embarrassing. 

It's not a "disaster" to lose to a huge rival. Crazy things happen every year in this division. It's the way we lost, it's the fact that we lost to a QB that no other team had lost to this year, it's the awful playcalling in the clutch, the bone-headed, selfish mistakes, the terrible special teams, the idiocy of 10 men on the field forcing a timeout after a kickoff ... this is a tough one, and it's no wonder it's kicked everyone in the nuts. Same old same old comes to mind, and we have all been DESPERATE to stop saying that. 

This is a 7 or 8 win team this season. I was hoping they could string some wins together and sneak into the playoffs in a down year for the division. But unless 7 or 8 wins does it, it's not going to happen. The team is headed in the right direction, but the defense is still mediocre at best, and this offense isn't ready for prime time yet. You can tell the offensive line is going to be the heart of the team in a couple of seasons, but they don't have the experience to be consistent in their execution each game. Very good against the Giants, poor against the Cowboys. Cousins and Matt Jones also have a lot of growing to do too before they are a good and reliable backfield.

I'm not sure about the O line. We need a center, and maybe another guard. Haven't been able to run the ball since Lavau went down

resign Kirk.

kirk did not have a bad game by any means, the only time we look like an offense is when the ball is in his hands

two times our offense was driving and it got derailed by bull**** penalties, but that's nothing new

3 turnovers and 9 points, a lame playcalling and I don't know man but for me Cousins play so ******* scared, his eyes and his attitude is something I never saw in any QB.

Gruden and Mcvay are paying his decisions.

ST sucks big prime time.

Redskins football.

how is it scared throwing a perfect ball to desean with 40 secs left?  i think kirk gets hurt more by the terrible running that we continue to run again and again and again, i mean seriously how many coaches would keep just running for nothing all the damn time

Our interior line was exposed again and we had no answer for it, scheme or otherwise. That was game.

yes, this was a big problem, our interior line is awful, we need a C and a G and we're solid on the line, offense is not far away, and defense has made some major strides

This team is simply not that good, and its time this board accepted that. Everyone's prognostications at the beginning of the season, in regards to this team, are probably true. The overall ineptitude of the rest of the division is tantalizing, but we are a 5 team win at best, and its showing. Call me pessimistic, but I think this team only wins one more game the rest of the season. Nothing i've witnessed convinces me otherwise.

This right here! There is NO excuse for our offense not to take shots down the field often! We have the fast receivers and we have the QB who can deliver right in stride. The sooner Sean McVay grows a set and starts taking these shots, the sooner this offense will take another step and put the points on the board. The Redskins could have ended this game in the 1st half if they would have attacked a defense that would have been helpless because of blitzing every play. The bomb was there all night and McVay wouldn't go to it. 

Cousins barely had time to get the ball out on short to medium routes. We couldn't protect well enough to get the ball down field consistently. Agree that we could have taken more shots though. Or sprinkled in more play action 

Archived