Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

4 hours ago, visionary said:

15876902_1217946818285257_42247562716113

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

Just a reference to my conservative friends. This is not what the American Melting Pot should look like.

Totally wrong. They don't like albinos either. This is more it in terms of coloration. Plus it's a nice family portrait.

skimmed-milk-vs-full-fat-milk--which-is-

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Totally wrong. They don't like albinos either. This is more it in terms of coloration. Plus it's a nice family portrait.

Thought about going there, but there a couple of flavors of white they don't like: Gays, Jews, etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

As to Trump's Muslim Ban 2/0, anybody got any clue why Iran suddenly became a trustworthy place to immigrate from?  

Iraq not Iran, right? I think it is just a matter of the optics being bad where they were turning away people that had fought and knew (ex-) US military members.

Edited by PeterMP

1 hour ago, Larry said:

As to Trump's Muslim Ban 2/0, anybody got any clue why Iran suddenly became a trustworthy place to immigrate from?  

I assume you mean Iraq, and the "front" the WH is giving is that Iraq magically improved their screening methods in dramatic manner. My call is the intense lobbying applied by many foreign and domestic interests pointing out how incredibly pig-brain stupid it was even for security sake won the day re: Matiis, McMaster, Kelly, and Tillerson on that side. I also have seen credible reporting that some improved tweaking as to how rapidly Iraq processes the information were offerd by Iraq, and is real, if not significant.

I find the bulk of the "detail" that consists of  triumphs actual policies so far are not the stuff of some ground-breaking revolutionary think-tank that will "unleash the american potential" but is instead the excrement of  wealthy and connected crazy-brian's who are still able to achieve high levels of wealth and influence/power due to "human" and "culture." And imo, will likely do much more to hamper then help most (not all) of the causes his supporters believed he'd help fix. OTOH, his work if unchecked will do a great deal to seriously cripple many of the things the left/dems/liberals think important and that alone, sadly, will please between 40-50% of the electorate.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:27 AM, Llevron said:

Cant be called discriminatory if you hate everyone equally. 

Haven't seen it mentioned, but what about the Navy Seal's dad who wondered if the (original) travel ban signing possibly lead to the Yemen raid's failure (ie. a tip off)?  

Wouldn't surprise me.  As someone said, Trump seems to live exclusively in the moment with no long (or even medium) term vision or understanding of consequences.  

On 3/6/2017 at 5:29 PM, visionary said:

Hey Genrul, maybe you could take one of the kids and tie 'em to a stake, threaten to burn them alive, that ought to deter the **** outta people. I'm sure they'll understand since we're makin' Murica great agin and all