Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The immigration thread: American Melting Pot or Get off my Lawn

Burgold

1 hour ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Sorry but again the Democrats only have themselves to blame. 

The people who are to blame for.this are the people who voted for Trump.  Everything he is doing is what he said he would.do. But I must say his exclusion of countries he has business interests in, particularly Saudi Arabia  (home of 19 of the 9/11 hijackers) makes me think he is playing you for.a fool.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I keep wishing I had the energy to try to star some sort of centrist (original, i know lol) party, trying to take the best thinking and learning from left and right, adding dashes of whatever worked from others...emphasize specific social values sans the religion... sanity, balance, strength, decency, efficacy, transparency (honesty), diversity,...and craft policies that first must actually work pragmatically (or you're fired lol) and expected to feature serious and real compromise more as a rule than not....sorry...all my hard-earned cynicism and i still have moments of starry-eyed hope...

Imo, what's wrong with America is that those of us that are in the middle and are reasonable and willing to listen are not represented by either political party. It's a joke and it's sad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Did he not campaign on this?

Yup.  But in my experience throwing blame in someone's face when they **** up isn't the best way to bring people together.  How exactly do you think it helps?

i just want to bring everyone together against things like this.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yup.  But in my experience throwing blame in someone's face when they **** up isn't the best way to bring people together.  How exactly do you think it helps?

I agree that throwing blame around won't help but anyone blaming the Democrats for this can go **** themselves. Sorry not sorry. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

How about we stop trying to assign blame and come together to fix this instead?  Blaming people will do nothing to bring us together and that is what we need.

The electorate of enough States to carry the electoral college voted for Trump. Trump is now President for 4 years (barring impeachment). Not much anyone can do to fix that. It is what it is.

Next opportunity to clip his wings is the 2018 mid term elections. 

3 minutes ago, codeorama said:

Imo, what's wrong with America is that those of us that are in the middle and are reasonable and willing to listen are not represented by either political party. 

Yes they are.  Or at least, they were, this last election.  

Bernie Sanders just came within inches of pulling a Trump, and taking the Dem nomination away from a career politician who has spent the last 20 years running the most massive election campaign ever seen.  By pointing out that she doesn't represent the extreme Left.  

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Agreed.  That's one reason why I think it's important for the protesters to give the Trumpsters a way to back down from this.  

If you want the other side to back down, leave them a way to do so.  

1 minute ago, brandymac27 said:

My question is does the Stay affect only those in route/transit, those detained, or everyone??? What about those who were already turned away? Are they able to re-enter?

Assume we'll actually be seeing the exact text, within a few hours.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

But the people with green cards who are stuck in Iran, Yemen, etc still can't come here, right?  

It is a small victory though.  

I was just talking to others about that. I imagine that is the next court battle. 

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

But the people with green cards who are stuck in Iran, Yemen, etc still can't come here, right?  

It is a small victory though.  

So far, it sounds like it only covers people who have landed here. I'm assuming everyone else is still screwed.